• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Oh - I think they will definetly make another Black Panther movie but Shuri is not who i would pick to continue the franchise.  It will be interesting to see where they go with it during this heartbreaking situation.

Ryan Coogler's Black Panther, to me, was an ensemble movie that spread its focus out over several characters, the Royal Family, really. I think if the sequel takes this same approach, which I think it will have to by necessity now, then I think a transition of the Black Panther mantle to Shuri would be fine. The heart-shaped herb's return could be explained away as easily as there being a secret garden only Zuri knew about or something. No need to waste precious film time on that. There must be a Black Panther sequel, not only to honor the King's memory and legacy, but because Wakanda is going to have to be an important source of technology for the Avengers and Earth's defense going forward in the MCU.

I don't think it's Shuri that picks up the mantle of Black Panther, for the fact that I think they want to use her in her own right. Doubling up the BP role makes that more difficult.  I know there was a stent where she was BP for a time, but I think there's a case for the MCU where they turn it over to Nakia, his GF. That would make more sense in the context of the movie, as she honors his memory and take up his cause, and her character in the movie was advocating for people outside of Wakanda, and she was going to be in charge of outreach, not unlike the role BP had as a teacher when he was living in NY for a time when he first joined the Avengers. Otherwise Nakia's character really has no emotional place in the story if they intend to keep her in the franchise. Just an idea.

18 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I would have thought with the tech we've seen so far that they would have guarded the 2nd most powerful substance in Wakanda with more than some old ladies and kids.

I think it was a play on modern humanity. Despite all of our technology and information, we still hold onto certain traditions.

Still laugh-worthy.

4 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I don't think it's Shuri that picks up the mantle of Black Panther, for the fact that I think they want to use her in her own right. Doubling up the BP role makes that more difficult.  I know there was a stent where she was BP for a time, but I think there's a case for the MCU where they turn it over to Nakia, his GF. That would make more sense in the context of the movie, as she honors his memory and take up his cause, and her character in the movie was advocating for people outside of Wakanda, and she was going to be in charge of outreach, not unlike the role BP had as a teacher when he was living in NY for a time when he first joined the Avengers. Otherwise Nakia's character really has no emotional place in the story if they intend to keep her in the franchise. Just an idea.

It's about the mantle of ruler, though, not just the Panther. Next in line is Shuri. Maybe we'll also learn T'Challa and a possible Queen Nakia had a T'Challa Jr.

reading the latest comic news sites- it seems Marvel was completely unaware and unprepared for this- Kevin F must really be conflicted with the tragedy of the loss but also the extreme headache this will cause -  Black Panther was one of the next rock stars post Iron Man & Cap.  This isn't as simple as recasting Hulk or James Rhodes, they both occurred when the MCU was still small.  M'Baku would be an interesting choice, but the actor isn't that strong- he couldn't carry a movie.  This is nearly as bad as if they had lost RDG or Evans after Avengers 1.  Other dominos have fallen. But maybe not. The current Roadmap for the MCU seems much broader with more self-contained characters and stories. At least for this phase.  

To celebrate Chadwick Boseman's contributions to creating a memorable Black Panther in the MCU, it has posted all of its Black Panther single issues for FREE.

Comixology Black Panther Comic Books

You have to grab single comic books in digital format as collections will lead to a fee.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

To celebrate Chadwick Boseman's contributions to creating a memorable Black Panther in the MCU, it has posted all of its Black Panther single issues for FREE.

Comixology Black Panther Comic Books

You have to grab single comic books in digital format as collections will lead to a fee.

253 total comics for free, by my count.