• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Verizon is already taking in pre-orders, most probably to strike while the excitement is hot. Not that this will die off any time soon.

jnHQcrh.png

Wonder Woman (2017): Coming Soon
2017| PG-13
WONDER WOMAN (2017): COMING SOON - Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers and her true destiny.
Do you want to Pre Order Wonder Woman (2017): Coming Soon for 19.99 (SD or HD)? Available for viewing on 2017. Your account will be billed once the title is available for viewing

Surprised to see they are billing the same for both SD and HD versions of the film.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Zzr6rlh.png

Deadline is now predicting a $52MM-$54MM weekend for Wonder Woman because 'The Mummy' is sooooooo bad. So it may be even less than 50% drop-off weekend.

zSYBVNf.png

This could match or beat Doctor Strange's Weekend #2 drop-off.

Looking good!

CTn0C7p.png

Edited by Bosco685

Great movie.  Has anyone addressed the issue of how Diana was still a little girl ages after the gods died and Zeus created her?

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, gadzukes said:
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:36 PM, AnkurJ said:

Basically it felt like the first Captain America but with Wonder Woman in his place.

I especially liked Steve Rogers and his Howling Commandos 

I thought this as well. Didn't anyone read about the whole cast coming to a showing in NY?

https://www.bustle.com/p/this-video-of-the-wonder-woman-cast-surprising-fans-at-a-movie-screening-will-make-you-love-the-film-even-more-63086

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That is so great! All the care and dedication is paying off, too. Wonder Woman's 2nd weekend is now right behind The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

:whatthe:

DEADLINE: ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars On Saturday

Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman continues to be the popular ticket with her second Saturday of $23.8M +51% over Friday. This now puts the Patty Jenkins-directed movie on course for a second weekend of $57.2M, which by the way is more than what Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad both made in their second weekends (respectively $51.3M and $43.5M). That’s remarkable when you consider that both titles posted bigger opening weekends ($166M, $133.6M) than Wonder Woman ($103.2M).

Should these figures maintain their pace into tomorrow, Wonder Woman‘s second weekend will be down 45%, which is an amazing hold for a superhero movie beating the 50%-60% average decline we typically see for Marvel fare in its sophomore session. The Gal Gadot movie should stand at $205M by EOD Sunday. Among all WB/DC superhero features’ second weekends at the B.O., Wonder Woman will file behind Dark Knight ($75.1M) and Dark Knight Rises ($62.1M).

And the audience breakout is showing women are still going in groups to see this.

In updated ComScore/Screen Engine PostTrak audience polls this weekend, women continue to lead the charge into Wonder Woman screenings at 55% with women over 25 numbering 32%, and women under 25 repping 23% of all moviegoers. 32% of those under 25 are watching Wonder Woman in a group — with two to four friends. The DC female superhero movie still has an awesome 75% definite recommend.

:headbang:

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Based on this success, I expect to see more WW in the Justice league promos 

And with Joss Whedon heading JL now expect the movie re-cut to place more emphasis on her. :p

Already profitable, and only in its second weekend.

iQ9xxV6.png

xSSYPL0.png

And with that -44.6%, it had a better 2nd weekend drop-off than any of the big hits from 2016. Amazing!

75pwtjM.png

Batgirl is going to be a lock for one of the next movies to move forward.

Saw it again today with my daughter and she loved it.  She said it felt long but was pumped with the ending.  I thought it was just as good the 2nd time which is rare for me.  Definetely an A- movie which is the best comic movie in awhile.

It's now closed 50% of its gap with Suicide Squad since opening weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm more astonished by how badly The Mummy is bombing domestically. It pulled in >$10 million less than what Brendan Fraser's first Mummy outing did back in the '90s, and that's without adjusting for inflation.

20 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

It's now closed 50% of its gap with Suicide Squad since opening weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm more astonished by how badly The Mummy is bombing domestically. It pulled in >$10 million less than what Brendan Fraser's first Mummy outing did back in the '90s, and that's without adjusting for inflation.

by the end of next weekend, they'll be neck and neck

I'll catch this one on Blu-ray just like Suicide Squad.  I'm actually a bit burnt out on Superhero movies right now.  Still haven't had a chance to catch Civil War or Doc Strange.

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

I'll catch this one on Blu-ray just like Suicide Squad.  I'm actually a bit burnt out on Superhero movies right now.  Still haven't had a chance to catch Civil War or Doc Strange.

Fair, but this one's really worthy.

Also, while neither of them holds a candle to Wonder Woman, both Civil War and Doctor Strange are now on Netflix streaming.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, skypinkblu said:

Finally got to see it tonight and I loved it. Even better, my HUSBAND loved it. He usually goes with me just to keep me company. Said it was the best of the Super Hero films (he hates the Batman movies).

I was not wild about Gal Godot in the beginning, but she nailed it. My only regret was ...

Reveal hidden contents

HOW could they kill off Steve Trevor! 

Spoiler

I was also surprised that they killed Steve off, but I guess it makes sense. This is probably the only "flashback" WW movie they'll make, since Justice League, Bats v Supes, etc are all set in the modern day. It wouldn't really work for Steve to still be around today as her love interest. So I guess they wanted to include the character in the movie mythos, but had to find a way to send him packing, so they gave him a big hero send off.