• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

Hellcat Takes Action in Jessica Jones Set Photos

Jstephens--Hellcat_Master.jpg

Trish Walker takes one step closer to being a superhero by fighting crime herself in new set photos for Jessica Jones season 2. Rachael Taylor became a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe a few years back by joining the cast of Jessica Jones for its first season. Her debut alongside Krysten Ritter made her the best friend to New York’s least interested hero, but the disinterest was not something the duo shared. In fact, much of Trish’s season 1 arc was to put her in position to one day (hopefully) take up a superhero mantle of her own.

For comic readers, they already know that she will one day become Hellcat if that arc is fulfilled. She’s done the training and experimented with dangerous pills in the past, and all of this has now made her capable of dealing with some street level criminals all on her own.

The Defenders premieres on August 18, with The Punisher’s solo outing also set for release this year. New seasons of Daredevil and Luke Cage have also been scheduled for a 2018 release. Jessica Jones season 2 is also expected to debut on Netflix at some point in 2018

BRhptcN.jpg

Jessica Jones Season 2 Brings Back David Tennant

david-tennant-jessica-jones-season-2-101

Kilgrave was spotted ina Jessica Jones season 2 set photo released by EW! Marvel fans are going to be celebrating, as Kilgrave (played by Doctor Who actor David Tennant) is definitely a fan favorite.

david-tenant-on-set-jessica-jones-season

Fans will certainly have questions about how and why Kilgrave is being brought back for Jessica Jones Season Two. Is he still just a voice in Jessica's head? Or will we see more flashbacks to the terrible period of time Jessica spent under his control? Maybe a bit of both? 

First Look at 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Released

jessica-jones-season-2-1064276.jpg

The Marvel Cinematic Universe's favorite private eye is back - and it looks like she still has a major skeleton in her closet. Entertainment Weekly recently released the first official still for Jessica Jones' sophomore season, which you can check out below. The photo shows Jessica (Krysten Ritter) standing on a street corner, with Kilgrave (David Tennant) standing close by.

This of course, raises some questions, seeing as Kilgrave's neck was very visibly snapped at the end of Jessica's first solo season. Of course, there's a chance that Kilgrave could have somehow returned from the dead, something he has done in various ways in the comics. There's also a chance (and this seems more likely, considering Jessica's stance in the photo) that she is hallucinating Kilgrave, something that was speculated about when set photos of Tennant first surfaced.

Either way, it sounds like Jessica's second installment will see the titular hero dealing with it in a pretty unique way.

"Even in the source material, so much stuff has happened to her." Ritter teased earlier this year. "You feel for her ... Every time, you're just like, 'Ugh, she's been through so much.' Yet she still fights. Which is what we love about her," Ritter said. "The first season was in her head and the second season is in her heart."

She is such a horrible actress, can only portray a drunk, junkie and a slut. I couldn't wait for her to get killed off in Breaking Bad! It was torture getting through Season 1, I'll just read the character appearance spoilers the day it airs and dig out any spec worthy books. Bring on Daredevil Season 3 and Punisher Season 2!

Critical response so far is a bit worse than season 1.  I was kinda meh with that season anyway and was watching mostly because I liked Kilgrave far more than Jessica, so now that he's gone I doubt I see this one.

20 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Critical response so far is a bit worse than season 1.  I was kinda meh with that season anyway and was watching mostly because I liked Kilgrave far more than Jessica, so now that he's gone I doubt I see this one.

My sentiments exactly. I find Ritter to be a bit one note and the season only really got interesting when Tennant showed up, season 2 is going to need a villain as good as he was to pique my interest.

'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Rotten Tomatoes Score Is Out

Rotten Tomatoes has released its aggregated score for Jessica Jones season 2, giving the sophomore season of the Marvel show an 85% "certified fresh" rating.

"While Jessica Jones is a slower burn with less focus than its inaugural season, its enticing new character arc more fully details the most charismatic Defender," reads the critics consensus.

This is where Disney gets a pass due to all its previous successful movie and TV show releases. 85% of critics giving this a positive review would be so much lower if if was any other studio. Even with an Average Critic Rating of 7.05/10.0 (RT had to insert the .05 like that was necessary??), this is so slow in the first two episodes I would give it a 6.0/10.0 and drop the .01 I would come up with to convey a real rounded-up average.

I've never seen RT throw in a two-decimal breakout like that.