• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

After feeling a bit slighted by the ASM #800 SDCC issues, I said I would swear off JSC books, but I gotta admit this set looks kinda cool.  It tugs on the nostalgia strings with the 90s outfits I grew up with.  Plus I like that the covers are all different and don't look like only the faces were swapped out (see: ASM Renew Your Vows).

(also, cheers to me and my 1000th post.)  :banana:

https://jscottcampbell.com/collections/jsc-exclusive-covers/products/uncanny-x-men-1-j-scott-campbell-exclusive?utm_source=J+Scott+Campbell+VIP+List&utm_campaign=d9ea639d22-ASM_2_TEASER_2018_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d5c14a603b-d9ea639d22-438611853&goal=0_d5c14a603b-d9ea639d22-438611853&mc_cid=d9ea639d22&mc_eid=076827f24c

:tink:they tugged at my heart strings too... not worth the effort to get them right away though, when they may be cheaper to read/or already graded down the road. I don't suspect a moving story nor 1st appearance. I've heard that the xmen gold, blue, and red ??? series are good reads.

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:tink:they tugged at my heart strings too... not worth the effort to get them right away though, when they may be cheaper to read/or already graded down the road. I don't suspect a moving story nor 1st appearance. I've heard that the xmen gold, blue, and red ??? series are good reads.

If I happen to wake up and remember, I'll likely try to get an unsigned set.  $125 for 6 books doesn't seem all that bad on a per book basis.  But I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it if I don't get it for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, devald said:

I just picked up 1 set of the unsigned 6 cover bundle. Went back at 12:03 to see they're sold out.

Are these bots someone is using to fill and checkout from multiple carts?

6 cover bundle might be sold out, but for only $5 more you can get the two premium sets.

1 hour ago, devald said:

I just picked up 1 set of the unsigned 6 cover bundle. Went back at 12:03 to see they're sold out.

Are these bots someone is using to fill and checkout from multiple carts?

Even if it was, you can only order 2 sets per person.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:46 PM, ExNihilo said:

If I happen to wake up and remember, I'll likely try to get an unsigned set.  $125 for 6 books doesn't seem all that bad on a per book basis.  But I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it if I don't get it for whatever reason.

This was one of the best priced sets in a while, but the lack of MJ, Gwen or Black Cat is probably a big reason. Those three = $$$ for him.

20 minutes ago, rturr said:

Was included with my order over the summer. :o super stoked when I opened the box. He numbered it to /12. Wouldn't get yellow label, though. :eek:

I believe that if you take it to a con that he is in attendance that he can sign a paper or tell the facilitator that it is legit and it will still get a yellow label.... :foryou: 

I haven't done it "myself", so I don't know the in's and out's, but I know that it can be done....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
spelling

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe that if you take it to a con that he is in attendance that he can sign a paper or tell the facilitator that it is legit and it will still get a yellow label.... :foryou: 

I haven't done it "myself", so I don't know the in's and out's, but I know that it can be done....

Thanks!! Oh man, that'd be awesome :)  really have to try to do that hm. They included a lil written note with it (saying congrats,etc.), also, so I'd bring that, as well.

I think he's been trying to get into the "numbering" of comics, which I think is cool. He also just came out with that 1/300 book with Wolverine.

8 minutes ago, rturr said:
35 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks!! Oh man, that'd be awesome :)  really have to try to do that hm. They included a lil written note with it (saying congrats,etc.), also, so I'd bring that, as well.

I think he's been trying to get into the "numbering" of comics, which I think is cool. He also just came out with that 1/300 book with Wolverine.

Fair Warning and to be up front, I think you still have to pay Campbell's grading fee. When you pay Campbell for his signature, you have to say whether it is for grading etc, so at least yours' is numbered..... so if he'll authenticate that, your's will at least be different from others with a "Blue Label Raw Copy" paying for his sig and grading fee..... 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM