• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:

For a while people were coming for him on twitter about the Black Cat variants selling out in like 2 mins.  Suggesting that he needs to find a different way to limit peoples' orders because they are all ending up in the hands of flippers and speculators. And Campbell was trying to be apologetic and saying he loves his fans and wants his real fans to get his books.

A couple days later he posts a link to a spec site popping off about how well those same books are doing on Ebay lol

Yes, I have noticed this lately, too. He didn't even speak about his books or anything before, but now he's pumping his books a week before they are released and then every time some variants are out of stock. Same with the Arthur Adams comics he's now promoting.

I know I'm bitter because the way he handles his variants lately has left me out of the completionist faction, but I don't like that there's not really some added value now. I still love his art, but this year was the last I could get all of his books.

Sad.

23 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Pass....

I agree.  Those covers aren't very impressive.

I still collect JSC covers (he is a great artist after all) but instead of buying every cover he puts out I'm extremely picky now.  I think that's the only way to approach all these multiple variant covers that he keeps pumping out.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:39 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I agree.  Those covers aren't very impressive.

I still collect JSC covers (he is a great artist after all) but instead of buying every cover he puts out I'm extremely picky now.  I think that's the only way to approach all these multiple variant covers that he keeps pumping out.

Yup. The general rule I see at shows is MJ, Gwen and Black Cat will always sell, other female characters are a crapshoot.  Also, with one or two notable exceptions (Lizard, Deadpool), if a JSC cover features a dude only, it is a dud. lol

Edited by kimik

18 minutes ago, kimik said:

Yup. The general rule I see at shows is MJ, Gwen and Black Cat will always sell, other female characters are a crapshoot.  Also, with one or two notable exceptions (Lizard, Deadpool), if a JSC cover features a dude only, it is a dud. lol

Ive always wanted to see him do an awesome Green Goblin cover (unless he did one at some point and I missed it somehow). Im a GG junkie.

I saw this online attributed to him. I think it would be an exception to that rule.

e8611ee5a138c6338d9d205e6baa9c5e.jpg.873a7634ddbaff2ef9e4b87192f74097.jpg

37 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Ive always wanted to see him do an awesome Green Goblin cover (unless he did one at some point and I missed it somehow). Im a GG junkie.

I saw this online attributed to him. I think it would be an exception to that rule.

e8611ee5a138c6338d9d205e6baa9c5e.jpg.873a7634ddbaff2ef9e4b87192f74097.jpg

As long as the Goblin is in the background and he has a nice Black Cat/MJ/Gwen in the middle of the cover it will do well. lol