• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Peter N. said:

The smoking gun were comic calvacade variants done when the book came out. The ruby red's were always hard to find. If i remember, they were limited to 500 I believe as what was advertised. Actual print run, I have no idea.. But they were always tough to get and sold out quickly. The IDW one is a re use of the same cover...to the Danger Girl revolver series...so I guess it's not a reprint per say? a reprint of a cover? It's a re used cover though.  Oh and congrats on the book! I am still looking for a 9.8 one myself...unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to be super picky with condition back then. 

I heard that the Ruby cover was a print run of only 400 and the platinum's were out of 1000....iifc

Was going through a box of stuff I'd left at my folks' house, and ran across these greeting cards. I remember at the time they came out, I bought entire packs of them, because that's the only way my LCS would order them. Not sure why I held onto these particular ones, but they're pretty neat!

Photo May 22, 12 02 06 AM.jpg

On 5/19/2017 at 5:29 AM, Polirer said:

Any insight into JSC announcement about MJ and Avengers JSC store exclusive?

I'd assume it's going to be a full body shot MJ in her Spidey outfit, smiling, and not showing her feet. The "ultra rare" version will have some of the other Avengers sketched in the background.

4 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I'd assume it's going to be a full body shot MJ in her Spidey outfit, smiling, and not showing her feet. The "ultra rare" version will have some of the other Avengers sketched in the background.

You're half right... The covers that JSC will be selling revolve around the MJ variant month.  The images (from what I recall when he was at Torpedo Comics on Sunday) were MJ as Thor, Captain America, and I think Iron Man.  I overheard him talking about it to the owner of the shop as he was signing books.

On 5/16/2017 at 4:36 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

591b8cee6a72e_JSCLot.jpg.c2f228af9cbdfa27868dc0b30e8139c9.jpg

Campbell collection finally completed.  I guess I should make a custom registry set, because why not? lol 

Collecting slabs is a legal form of crack :sumo: 

Jerome

I don't think some Jsc fans don't know how gangsta this photo is. lol  putting a 9.8 set is not easy and cheap either. 

My luck hitting 9.8's with jscottcampbell.com books hit a wall with the ASM #25's. I submitted three of each cover and only got two back 9.8 (1 Cover A and 1 Cover C). First time I haven't been able to put together a set, since I always buy three sets. 

Going to try to trade a raw set for a 9.8 Cover B (if anybody is interested...)

On 5/23/2017 at 11:30 PM, NamesJay said:

My luck hitting 9.8's with jscottcampbell.com books hit a wall with the ASM #25's. I submitted three of each cover and only got two back 9.8 (1 Cover A and 1 Cover C). First time I haven't been able to put together a set, since I always buy three sets. 

Going to try to trade a raw set for a 9.8 Cover B (if anybody is interested...)

You're lucky. My set looked like someone dropped on their corners then stepped on it for all three copies before packaging it up. Needless to say i won't buy from them again. 

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

You're lucky. My set looked like someone dropped on their corners then stepped on it for all three copies before packaging it up. Needless to say i won't buy from them again. 

I would give them another chance. I usually receive all the books in great shape.

I've been following the All New Wolverine #1 X-23 Campbell cover for some time now, and it has been climbing steadily the last 3 months after a pullback in pricing for both raw and graded for the color version.  Do you guys think it will become one of his top sought after books, or are there too just too many printed?

1 minute ago, Sam I am said:

I've been following the All New Wolverine #1 X-23 Campbell cover for some time now, and it has been climbing steadily the last 3 months after a pullback in pricing for both raw and graded for the color version.  Do you guys think it will become one of his top sought after books, or are there too just too many printed?

I just sold a 9.8 on eBay signed by Craig Kyle for $250. Not too bad. I think its a good book to own. I love the cover. Definitely one of his best mid-priced covers. As her popularity grows, I bet the value increases. Due to print run though, it won't ever reach heights of his top valued covers. I could see it being a $300-400 book at some point though.

4 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Send them an email and explain your situation. They might send you a replacement copies....it's worth a try 

20 minutes ago, devald said:

Jerome's serial # is different from the one on eBay. Can't remember the last time a ruby red was available on eBay. Wish it was auction style and obo

Just now, jreezy said:

Jerome's serial # is different from the one on eBay. Can't remember the last time a ruby red was available on eBay. Wish it was auction style and obo

kidding lol. Seeing Jerome's collection over the past couple years, I figured he would not part with this (at least not this soon)

Kudos again Jerome.

lol  Nope not mine,  going from memory here, but I want to say it's been like 18 months since the last Ruby was on ebay.  

I remember a boardie sold his for $3k even, then a week or two later one popped up on ebay and sold for $2,500.  I always assumed it was the same slab and someone failed hard a flipping (shrug)

Jerome

Does anyone know if it usually takes a long time for the J. Scott Campbell store to ship? I ordered on May 13 and the items have still not shipped. That is over two weeks (ten business days). I contacted customer service and they responded quickly: "We are experiencing high volume of orders. It's taking us longer than usual to fulfill all orders. We wish to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you." This is my first purchase from this vendor and I was wondering if this was a typical experience.

1 hour ago, RoyGHinckley said:

Does anyone know if it usually takes a long time for the J. Scott Campbell store to ship? I ordered on May 13 and the items have still not shipped. That is over two weeks (ten business days). I contacted customer service and they responded quickly: "We are experiencing high volume of orders. It's taking us longer than usual to fulfill all orders. We wish to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you." This is my first purchase from this vendor and I was wondering if this was a typical experience.

No, the service used to be better. Sadly, it's really crappy now.

I was one of the first to buy and sent them a couple of emails. I sent another one last Friday, as they escalated to their manager, and the next day I got confirmation from both my orders but no reply from them, which could've saved me shipping costs.

As lately the sets are not being sold out, I will see if I continue to buy from the store... love the covers and the guy, but service is not what it used to be.