• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Elfeeta said:

No, the service used to be better. Sadly, it's really crappy now.

I was one of the first to buy and sent them a couple of emails. I sent another one last Friday, as they escalated to their manager, and the next day I got confirmation from both my orders but no reply from them, which could've saved me shipping costs.

As lately the sets are not being sold out, I will see if I continue to buy from the store... love the covers and the guy, but service is not what it used to be.

Thanks for the info. And I am a big fan of JSC's art too. I will wait a little longer but my option will be to file a dispute with Paypal if items do not ship soon. I hate to do that, but I buy and sell a lot of comics and quick shipping is a no-brainer.

12 hours ago, Jaa88 said:

JSC Store cancelled my X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold sets after 3 months. 

Pathetic, never ordering again. Im kinda glad :)

Really? I wonder what happened... and, again, their service sucks now.

9 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

I don't collect many modern books anymore but for some reason I was drawn to this one. My first Campbell Variant..

H65lQARh.jpg

Because it's wicked cool?  And/or because he has talent outside of drawing pretty ladies?  Great pickup man!

Jerome

Selling original art must be tough because some of that looked for real, I wonder how Campbell new?? I guess it is his sig?? can anyone else tell the difference??

EDIT: the black cat was ended directly after I posted this....yikes

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Im sure as an artist you can just tell what is your work and what is not. tendencies, look/feel, things we probably don't recognize. I think the signature too. I believe if someone forged my signature, I could probably tell a difference.

9 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

The sig is different for sure for Campbell, but the McFarlane ones look legit (shrug)

Jerome

I thought the same about the mcfarlands but these are the four links that Campbell had on his Facebook page

I think ebay should have a policy that no sellers with X number of feedback can sell original art/signed and/or have proof of authenticity from an respected authorization company (like CGC or other). Seems like trouble in the making. I mean the seller obviously is brand new and this is a huge scam. Anyone who bids is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person (if anyone from this thread bid on it, sorry, but you should have looked into it more).

I think the person opened an account, added a bunch of comics to make their account look legit and then added the fake art to try and make some money. I bet all the original art is fake. Just my gut. No explanation/authenticity even attempted. Zero feedback for seller.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fraudsters always blow it and use the exact same paper for various artists