The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
32 32

4,363 posts in this topic

10 posts
On 9/17/2018 at 2:16 PM, NamesJay said:

I haven't been able to find many details about this book, but I imagine it will be a hot one!

campbell.jpg

Are there any reputable online stores still offering pre-orders of Campbell's blind bag? I'd like to try and pick up a few copies.

1,365 posts

Midtowncomics still says coming soon. Drewbizz (seller on ebay) has the JSC for pre-order for $4.00 (but $6.00 shipping). If you are wanting a lot of them, that could be a decent deal. But, I think these might turn out to be readily available with how the ebay sellers are already pushing them and the numbers. Some of the reputable ones I use have a ton of them (granted at a higher price point than what midtown will offer).

FYI - Ive bought a lot of stuff from Drewbizz and always gotten books in great condition. NM/M condition usually, NM+ at the very least.

Edited by kevhtx

10 posts
2 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Midtowncomics still says coming soon. Drewbizz (seller on ebay) has the JSC for pre-order for $4.00 (but $6.00 shipping). If you are wanting a lot of them, that could be a decent deal. But, I think these might turn out to be readily available with how the ebay sellers are already pushing them and the numbers. Some of the reputable ones I use have a ton of them (granted at a higher price point than what midtown will offer).

FYI - Ive bought a lot of stuff from Drewbizz and always gotten books in great condition. NM/M condition usually, NM+ at the very least.

Hey, thank you for that. I found the book on Midtown and saw both "coming soon" (top of page) and "out of stock" (under recently viewed, bottom of page), so I wasn't sure what to make of that. I'll keep an eye on both options for now.

Thanks again!

10,720 posts

JSC has a money printing machine. 

10,042 posts
19 hours ago, Awax said:

JSC has a money printing machine. 

No kidding. He should teach a course on branding.

3,612 posts
11 hours ago, TheTurk1 said:

Welp, this just happened.

IMG_20181003_192545.jpg

Wow 12K for blue label. What would this bring? 14k or maybe exceeding 15K plateau?

10 posts
On 10/4/2018 at 1:07 PM, NamesJay said:

Wow 12K for blue label. What would this bring? 14k or maybe exceeding 15K plateau?

13k, as it turns out:

Listing

747 posts

Wrong thread.

Edited by rogue14
Mistake

21,854 posts

I stopped playing the OA game a decade ago. What do his covers normally fetch?

3,612 posts
On 10/11/2018 at 8:28 PM, Sooners151 said:

He just posted a lot of his recent original art covers on CAF for sale if anyone is interested in taking out a second mortgage!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=67088

I took a look. I think $18,000 is a little bit of a crazy ask for his work.

As much as I love his style, I wouldn't feel comfortable paying that much for the pieces he has listed.