• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian Original Art Scammer - Richard Rae
1 1

107 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

How could you EVER resist a "really extreamly (sic) nice thank you bonus package"?   It's chock full of adjectives. 

I gotcher really extreamly nice thank you bonus package right here, fellah.

46 minutes ago, The Voord said:

So what was the thank you gift . . . a No Prize . . . or a signed photo of Rascally Richard?

rich.jpg

"Rascally" sounds too kind.  "Rotten" seems that it would fit better. 

I wonder how much of this art was obtained unscrupulously? 

That looks to be the cover painting to Gold Key "Lost in Space Space Family Robinson" #19 directly behind him.  Colours seem badly faded especially if I compare it to the colours on his shirt...

I wonder if that pose was learned in prison?  (shrug)

Edited by pemart1966

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

"Rascally" sounds too kind.  "Rotten" seems that it would fit better. 

I wonder how much of this art was obtained unscrupulously? 

That looks to be the cover painting to Gold Key "Lost in Space Space Family Robinson" #19 directly behind him.  Colours seem badly faded especially if I compare it to the colours on his shirt...

I wonder if that pose was learned in prison?  (shrug)

The LIS cover was faded before Rae acquired it.  Dan Forman was a previous owner.  Rae scammed an earlier LIS cover from a Spanish friend of mine using his infamous 'Kirby/Royer' pieces as trade-bait.  

2 minutes ago, The Voord said:

The LIS cover was faded before Rae acquired it.  Dan Forman was a previous owner.  Rae scammed an earlier LIS cover from a Spanish friend of mine using his infamous 'Kirby/Royer' pieces as trade-bait.  

Which LIS cover did he scam?

3 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Which LIS cover did he scam?

Off the top-of-my-head, I'm struggling to remember exactly.  Either # 4 or 5.

I honestly think that Rae was specifically going after the LIS cover paintings to try to tempt me into doing a trade with him.  He must have picked-up on the fact that I was a fan of the series having scored the # 25 cover at the time.  For a while, before I'd learned anything about his shady past, Rae was trying to get me to release art to him in trade.  Thankfully, I didn't bite.