• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Interesting theory.

'Supergirl': Is Imra the Real Big Bad?

supergirl-saturn-girl-relationship-10769

But what if the true "villain" of the season isn't Reign? While she comes in hero's clothes, Imra Ardeen/Saturn Girl (Amy Jackson) recently revealed to Mon-El (Chris Wood) that the Legion of Super-Heroes has been on a secret mission. While the nature of that secret mission hasn't yet been fully revealed, could Imra secretly be the real villain of Supergirl this season? Some fans seem to think that yes, she could be and there's some reasonable evidence behind the theory.

For starters, Imra has been a little questionable in comics before. It's something we've actually written about previously when discussing whether Mon-El's marriage to Imra on the show is real. In comics, Imra has immense psychic and telepathic powers and he has used them on her own team before. Following the Blight invasion, Saturn Girl and several other Legionnaires were lost in a galaxy not their own. In an attempt to keep the team calm and focused, Saturn Girl created a telepathic illusion of Ultra Boy's wife, Apparition, making it appear that she was there with the team. When Saturn Girl was put under for medical attention, the team realized that she had been manipulating them. While we know that on Supergirl, Imra's marriage to Mon-El isn't so much fake as it was an arranged marriage, there's still the possibility that there could be manipulation involved.

Another hint that could point to Imra being the villain is her obsession/fangirling of Supergirl. Imra is very open about how much she looks up to Supergirl thanks to the stories Mon-El told, but just because she's a fan of the Girl of Steel at this point in the season doesn't mean that can't change. If Imra did go from fan to foe it wouldn't be the first time, it's happened in DC Comics -- and in the Arrowverse. Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash was an obsessed fan of The Flash in both comics and The CW series, but when he found out that he was destined to become the speedster's enemy (thanks to time travel, no less) he grew to loathe the hero, ultimately becoming one of the most formidable villains in the Arrowverse. If Imra were to discover something that would turn her against Supergirl, it could have villainous result.

16 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

^^

Except Legends, it's so dumb, even I find it dumb...except for Mick, we only watch it for Mick;)

It has the worst acting out of all of them, which is saying something. I only watch it for Mick as well.

It's official!

'Supergirl' Renewed for Season 4

The CW has officially renewed Supergirl for its fourth season.

Fans have been anticipating news that Kara Danvers/Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) would continue to protect the people of National City, especially after recent comments from network president Mark Pedowitzh that hinted that Supergirl, along with its fellow Arrowverse shows Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow, would be renewed for the 2018-2019 season.

"At the moment, it's a little too soon," Pedowitz said at the winter Television Critics Association press tour. "We're noted for announcing at winter TCA that we're picking up shows, we just weren't ready to do that yet. A couple more weeks [and] we'll probably get around to it. I'm pretty confident we'll see them all back."

56 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thank goodness, I've been waiting to find out who ..either survived, didn't turn traitor, came back, or the world was saved...it's just been so long I forgot which one;)

No kidding!

And who is Winn sleeping with now?

Supergirl Takes on Three Worldkillers in "Trinity" Synopsis

The CW has released the official synopsis for "Trinity," an upcoming Supergirl episode set to air on May 7.

Things are starting to move on all fronts, with James and Lena's relationship being challenged after Supergirl learns Lena's secret (presumably that she has been secretly helping Samantha), setting up a conflict with the Worldkillers. What is interesting here is that Supergirl learns "Lena's secret," which is a subversion of the expectations that have been set up for the last couple of seasons, as fans have assumed eventually Lena would learn Supergirl's secret and it would mess with their relationship.

"So far, it's just me from what I know, but it would be cool if I was fighting and had this epic showdown and all of a sudden, my buddies came along to play," Odette Annable said about the possibility of other Worldkillers back in October. "I mean, being bad is good. It's always fun."

If the other Worldkillers do end up coming to Supergirl, it also could hint at the conflict between Reign and Supergirl taking an interesting turn. In the comics, Kara's father has a hand in creating the Worldkillers, which was a decision that he ended up deeply regretting.

Synopsis:

Still reeling after learning about Lena’s (Katie McGrath) secret, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) asks Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) for a favor that could alter his relationship with Lena forever. Meanwhile, with all three Worldkillers united, Supergirl and the team brace for an epic battle.

Caitlin Parrish & Erica Weiss directed the episode with story by Jessica Queller and teleplay by Caitlin Parrish & Derek Simon. Supergirl airs on Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. "Trinity" will debut on May 7.

Does anybody still watch this or are we just trying to avoid all of the controversial topics in the show?

The whole transgender issue seems to have blown up in Nia's face. I'm not sure if it's the message they were trying to convey, as acceptance seems to be the big thing these days, but what about accepting the body you've been given? Everyone wants to change their karma/physics but what if we just reap that karma/physics in a different way? The result of Nia's family fostering the desire to be a transgender woman resulted in her mothers death, her sisters lashing out at her & receiving a power she never prepared for, nor doesn't she want. Does anyone else have thoughts on this topic?

On a separate note:

Seems the electrical charge from the Russian Supergirls body created a Gamma lightning storm that covered a large portion of the globe & we've only seen the start of it's effects.

6 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Does anybody still watch this or are we just trying to avoid all of the controversial topics in the show?

The whole transgender issue seems to have blown up in Nia's face. I'm not sure if it's the message they were trying to convey, as acceptance seems to be the big thing these days, but what about accepting the body you've been given? Everyone wants to change their karma/physics but what if we just reap that karma/physics in a different way? The result of Nia's family fostering the desire to be a transgender woman resulted in her mothers death, her sisters lashing out at her & receiving a power she never prepared for, nor doesn't she want. Does anyone else have thoughts on this topic?

On a separate note:

Seems the electrical charge from the Russian Supergirls body created a Gamma lightning storm that covered a large portion of the globe & we've only seen the start of it's effects.

Although I watch it, I'll admit some episodes have been a struggle with mechanical storytelling (evil villain appears - Supergirl team takes them on - villain defeated). But then with Reign, Agent Liberty and then Elseworlds there were some really good episodes that I thought brought the show back on track. Then the last few episodes it drifted back to mediocrity.

But I am hoping the 'Red Son' hints are going to lead to something bigger and better. Along with a buildup into next year towards Crisis On Infinite Earths. And, seeing if this Lex Luthor final intro leads to any good storytelling. :wishluck:

Edited by Bosco685
forgot one