• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK and CConnect Winners!

201 posts in this topic

Sold almost $27K of books

Woo hoo

I'm rich

Where? And what? undercopies of your DC 100?

Finally bought a book tonight--first in almost 2 years.

ComicLink - 40 books. Only result that I thought sucked was the underwhelming Witching Hour 2 CGC 9.8 for $425. :(

that you paid $50 for. greed is good.

Says the hedge fund manager

retired

Living off the ill gotten gains he received back in the day. :juggle:

You're in the wrong business

You need money in order to make money. If you don't have it to begin with, you can't make tons more.

Peace,

Chip

:whatev:

You need money in order to make money. If you don't have it to begin with, you can't make tons more.

Peace,

Chip

Work smarter not harder? (shrug)

Anybody on here bidding on St 169 9.8 thing is at 4x GPA I want it bad but someone wants it worse. :makepoint:

I got that but felt afterwards that I paid mad money. It finishes in the middle of the night for me so I put a big bid in but didn't realise someone would chase me up that much. I bet the next one that comes up is a steal.

Peace,

Chip

He is very right though. It's nearly impossible to get going unless you have money to start with. I needed my day job before I could really get started as a dealer.

Working for chickens, bread and a bucket of milk don't cut it anymore.

Peace,

Chip

He is very right though. It's nearly impossible to get going unless you have money to start with. I needed my day job before I could really get started as a dealer.

Well, it's none of my business, but since he puts it out there I would recommend getting at least a part time job if not a full time and do comics on the side. If you're making less than 27k a year doing comics full time... :eek:

My first win from the CL auctions:

sub-mariner1_zps5892024a.jpg

Awesome :applause:. That book is on my "I'll buy that one of these days" list.

I think it doesn't get the respect it deserves. I think the cover stacks up with great books like Iron Man 1 & Captain Marvel 1. Now all I need is a movie rumor to start up and I'll be golden. :grin:

Peace,

Chip

I started with 1 CGC book and now I only work 10 hours a week.

Slow and steady then compound it!

Peace,

Chip

Wasn't that 1 book worth like 10k?

Peace,

Chip

Careful. That honey hole you're currently milking might run out.

:popcorn:

Capital is very important, makes things move quicker and usually in your favor

I think it's like anything else. You have to have enough money to cover the inevitable loss or hiccup. I can't imagine hustling for nickels and dimes for a living. I'd probably have an ulcer and be working on a nervous breakdown.

:popcorn:

Capital is very important, makes things move quicker and usually in your favor

I think it's like anything else. You have to have enough money to cover the inevitable loss or hiccup. I can't imagine hustling for nickels and dimes for a living. I'd probably have an ulcer and be working on a nervous breakdown.

a few things more

- know what you are doing is extremely critical

- being able to recognize when you make a mistake (and eventually learn from it)

- maintain good relationships

you could have all the capital in the world but if you don't know how to use it effectively, you'll be poor in no time.

also I would add, knowing when to shut up and listen is right up there

Session3carousel1_zpsd4e367e2.jpg

We would like to thank all of our consignors and bidders in Event Auction XXV. We understand the frustration you've experienced with the technical difficulties comicconnect.com has experienced this week.

The entire staff is very appreciative of the many phone calls and e-mails of support we've received from you. We are confident of the work our programmers have put in to place to get our website back to the high level of performance we have all come to expect. Tonight's auction will go on as scheduled and we sincerely appreciate your participation and support.

The clientele we've built over the years feels more like family and has made us work even harder to make collecting comics as easy as possible. We wish you the best of luck with your bidding and hope you get the comics you want.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-779-7377.

If we want to make this thread about How to Make A Living Selling Comics, start a new thread and maybe greggy can whore himself out as a consultant.

Otherwise, back to ComicLink wins. :sumo:

+1

my apologies - time for me to shut up :foryou: