• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next CLINK auction is starting to stack up some interesting pieces

556 posts in this topic

Not an OA collector but The FF 166 cover blew my socks off! I remember loving that cover as a kid in the 70's. Love those 70's FF. any idea what it will fetch?

pre-auction estimates are 40 - 100K

$100k? US Dollars?

Just a 100 of these.....

nigeriaNEW1000-2005o.jpg

I gave my bank details to the prince last week! They should be sending my share soon :)

I asked Douglas what the estimate on that was...essentially that was the range followed by a "it could be anything"

I am saying 33K !

I asked Douglas what the estimate on that was...essentially that was the range followed by a "it could be anything"

708bcfef7ecf18bf4d9a32a909efd002.jpg

I'd say 40-60 myself. I cant really see someone laying 100 smackers although crazier things have happened!

If Rich Buckler art is fetching $40-$60K, I may have to call time on this hobby. :tonofbricks:

There's some nice material in this CLink auction (much better than the last one, which I felt was pretty soft by the lofty standards they have set for themselves). But, so far, I haven't seen anything that really grabs me enough to pursue this time around. There's just too much stuff I'm seeing privately (and, to a lesser extent, at other auction venues) at the moment for me to pursue anything that isn't a total no-brainer, grab-me-by-the-balls, perfect fit for my collection. 2c

Did anyone find anything interesting or surprising with the January Focused auction on ComicLink with most pieces closing / ending today?

Was high bidder on the spiderman daily strips...until a few seconds left.

I'd say 40-60 myself. I cant really see someone laying 100 smackers although crazier things have happened!

If Rich Buckler art is fetching $40-$60K, I may have to call time on this hobby. :tonofbricks:

I hear that and maybe my number is too high ; I just took the previous estimate of 40-100 and lopped off the top end without giving it much further thought, so it was definitely a buttquote. And now you mention it there was some buckler hulk/thing art (superstars 1?) that sold at much more modest levels but this is a better piece being a cover, a stronger image, earlier, and from the main FF title. What do you think is more realistic? 18-35?

Regardless of artist I do think this is a piece that is hard to predict. It's no FF112 but still it's a really nice fight scene for the time period and I could see the potential for two people deciding they both really wanted it Buckler or no. So I could see quite a wide range for this depending on who gets excited by it.

I hear that and maybe my number is too high ; I just took the previous estimate of 40-100 and lopped off the top end without giving it much further thought, so it was definitely a buttquote. And now you mention it there was some buckler hulk/thing art (superstars 1?) that sold at much more modest levels but this is a better piece being a cover, a stronger image, earlier, and from the main FF title. What do you think is more realistic? 18-35?

Regardless of artist I do think this is a piece that is hard to predict. It's no FF112 but still it's a really nice fight scene for the time period and I could see the potential for two people deciding they both really wanted it Buckler or no. So I could see quite a wide range for this depending on who gets excited by it.

If it sells for less than $30k, I will be completely shocked (like poo your pants shocked). If it breaks $40k I would not be shocked in the least.

The Thing vs Hulk would seem to be the driver of price here so I don't think you can compare it apples to apples to other good Buckler FF or even Avengers covers.

And if I am recalling correctly, the Thing vs Hulk FF #112 panel page by Buscema sold for much more than a comparable FF Buscema page.

And while that other Buckler-Hulk splash didn't perform overly well, I personally didn't think it was that strong a page and plus this is a cover. I don't collect Buckler FF covers but I also wonder how fresh this is to market and how much that will impact price.

And while I would have thought that $40k is in fact already somewhat high (especially to be at the low range of that estimate), we'll all seen some "wow" prices over the last year so who knows. On the other hand, close to $100k--just cannot see that under any scenario.

The Thing vs Hulk would seem to be the driver of price here so I don't think you can compare it apples to apples to other good Buckler FF or even Avengers covers.

And if I am recalling correctly, the Thing vs Hulk FF #112 panel page by Buscema sold for much more than a comparable FF Buscema page.

And while that other Buckler-Hulk splash didn't perform overly well, I personally didn't think it was that strong a page and plus this is a cover. I don't collect Buckler FF covers but I also wonder how fresh this is to market and how much that will impact price.

And while I would have thought that $40k is in fact already somewhat high (especially to be at the low range of that estimate), we'll all seen some "wow" prices over the last year so who knows. On the other hand, close to $100k--just cannot see that under any scenario.

Isn't the huge unknown also whatever sentimental value the piece has for some dude. If this was the first comic they ever read or its what their dad gave them the last time they saw him....sky's the limit!

I've seen pieces go for several multiple of what I thought they were worth and then it gets revealed that the piece was a super special emotional piece for someone.

Regardless its an awesome cover, good luck to the winner...wont be me.

Isn't the huge unknown also whatever sentimental value the piece has for some dude. If this was the first comic they ever read or its what their dad gave them the last time they saw him....sky's the limit!

Yup, nostalgia can certainly factor into some of the "wow" prices we've all seen in the past year or so and makes predicting auction price that much harder (and I personally can think of several examples where collectors I know bid up 3x and 4x over what the majority view of price would be because of nostalgia/personal attachment--I've been known to do it myself on occasion :) ).