• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

This is not a good business model.

The Greater Fool Theory.

I think that theory only applies if you can find one. In the OPs case, it's highly unlikely.

For which comic?

In general.

I never heard of that series. Would that be a hype book I can pay GPA high for and then get really upset when people tell me it was yet another in a long line of mistakes?

Can I then say I am learning and then later in the week rinse and repeat?

I've been thinking this way my whole life with emotions so forgive me if I don't magically change overnight. Also you want to talk about the DV 3? Ok I made a mistake I bought it on hype when my friend told me to buy it three days earlier.

My ASM 101 I don't view as a mistake but my mistake was over-grading it and thinking I can more money then I actually will.

My bat 189 isn't a mistake a all in my eyes but you see it that way because it's a restored comic and I could have done better by buying a graded copy.

So don't worry when I sell them I'll post the results here I'll promise you that.

I'm not worried, it's not my money. (shrug)

No but it is you saying it's a mistake so I'll show you it wasn't

Hey, be fair. Everyone here thinks it's a mistake.

Then I'll prove it to everyone on the journal here.

Like with the DV3? And yes, I'm going to keep bringing this up as an example of you defending a poor choice as if your life depended on it. Remember that same feeling you had when you realized you were wrong, because you will have that same feeling again with those other two clunkers.

DV3 was a bad purchase because of timing but it's not something I regret. So what will you do when I sell the asm 101 and bat 189 for a profit?

Are you going to crow about your "win" if you sell them for a $30 profit 4 months from now?

It fits his "business model" of buying comics and selling them for a profit.

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

The Greater Fool Theory.

I think that theory only applies if you can find one. In the OPs case, it's highly unlikely.

For which comic?

In general.

I never heard of that series. Would that be a hype book I can pay GPA high for and then get really upset when people tell me it was yet another in a long line of mistakes?

I've been thinking this way my whole life with emotions so forgive me if I don't magically change overnight. Also you want to talk about the DV 3? Ok I made a mistake I bought it on hype when my friend told me to buy it three days earlier.

My ASM 101 I don't view as a mistake but my mistake was over-grading it and thinking I can more money then I actually will.

My bat 189 isn't a mistake a all in my eyes but you see it that way because it's a restored comic and I could have done better by buying a graded copy.

So don't worry when I sell them I'll post the results here I'll promise you that.

Like with the DV3? And yes, I'm going to keep bringing this up as an example of you defending a poor choice as if your life depended on it. Remember that same feeling you had when you realized you were wrong, because you will have that same feeling again with those other two clunkers.

DV3 was a bad purchase because of timing but it's not something I regret. So what will you do when I sell the asm 101 and bat 189 for a profit?

Are you going to crow about your "win" if you sell them for a $30 profit 4 months from now?

I remember when I adopted that business model. My previous business model had been "buy high, sell low"...what a difference selling for a profit makes :takeit:

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Yes I will because I'll be proud of that achievement and fyi I plan on selling the bat 189 for more then just 30 profit. The asm 101 will probably make me 5-15 profit.

Edited by uchiha101

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

I remember when I adopted that business model. My previous business model had been "buy high, sell low"...what a difference selling for a profit makes :takeit:

Har Har but you still didn't answer my question. What will you do if I sell these comics for a profit?

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Har Har but you still didn't answer my question. What will you do if I sell these comics for a profit?

He will probably still be laughing his butt off, along with the rest of us, at the latest stupid purchase that you will have made by that point in the distant future.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

I'm not sure what you want to hear from me. I won't "do" anything (shrug)

Sell the books first before getting all chesty 2c

Gabe,

Any bites on your Hulk 180?

Can you explain what a 'Harambe Variant' is? I am familiar with the gorilla but was unaware that a variant of him existed.

As a serious buyer looking for a Batman #189, I can say that a mid-grade restored would never be on my radar. Mid-grade restored on anything other than something far more rare (Golden Age, for example) or a high-dollar key (AF #15, Hulk #1. etc.) is the worst grade you could have -- pricey enough to eliminate the "I just want any copy" buyer and not attractive to someone who'll ante up more to get a similar or higher grade unrestored copy.

I'm not saying it'll never sell, but the market for it is far more limited. If it does sell, it'll either be a long time in coming, or it'll take an inexperienced buyer to hit the trigger without doing any research on what else is out there. (shrug)

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

We will say you got lucky on finding someone to overpay for your garbage books. But it's moot because you won't sell them for profit. And no one here is worried. We really don't care.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

He will probably still be laughing his butt off, along with the rest of us, at the latest stupid purchase that you will have made by that point in the distant future.

Well at least that was some form of a answer.

Edited by uchiha101

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Chesty? No. I'm going to sell these comics for a profit and if you say you don't care about whether I do or not why do you keep bringing up my mistakes then?

Edited by uchiha101

Gabe,

Any bites on your Hulk 180?

Can you explain what a 'Harambe Variant' is? I am familiar with the gorilla but was unaware that a variant of him existed.

No bites yet. What the Harambe variant is, it's 200 copies of a color variant that all proceeds to what was purchased will go to the charity or the gorilla. The made 200 color and 50 black and white plus color copies.

As a serious buyer looking for a Batman #189, I can say that a mid-grade restored would never be on my radar. Mid-grade restored on anything other than something far more rare (Golden Age, for example) or a high-dollar key (AF #15, Hulk #1. etc.) is the worst grade you could have -- pricey enough to eliminate the "I just want any copy" buyer and not attractive to someone who'll ante up more to get a similar or higher grade unrestored copy.

I'm not saying it'll never sell, but the market for it is far more limited. If it does sell, it'll either be a long time in coming, or it'll take an inexperienced buyer to hit the trigger without doing any research on what else is out there. (shrug)

I suppose but there's also people that want a cheaper copy that's not a reprint but not full price as the universal label.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

We will say you got lucky on finding someone to overpay for your garbage books. But it's moot because you won't sell them for profit. And no one here is worried. We really don't care.

Is that so? You're contradicting yourself, your saying that I will sell them yet in the next sentence you say I won't so which is it?

Edited by uchiha101

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Chesty? No. I'm going to sell these comics for a profit and if you say you don't care about whether I do or not why do you keep bringing up my mistakes then?

Really? You sound so confident :applause:

Too bad it won't change anything. Sell the books first, then come brag about it.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Really? You sound so confident :applause:

Too bad it won't change anything. Sell the books first, then come brag about it.

I will there's no question about it.

Edited by uchiha101

I suppose but there's also people that want a cheaper copy that's not a reprint but not full price as the universal label.

But how much cheaper are we talking about?

Unrestored 6.0 copies -- which are not going to look substantially worse than the restored 7.0, if at all -- have seen the two most recent GPA-recorded sales come in at $180-190. A buyer who is looking to buy graded books in the first place -- in theory, the more educated buyer -- is going to pay for those before dropping more than that on a 7.0 restored. The less educated buyer -- the one you'll be looking for who wants an "original" and not a reprint, is more likely going to be spending less on an unrestored copy anyway, not wanting to spend the extra premium that a graded copy often commands to begin with.

For a perfect example, there's a Fine 6.0 graded copy on Worldwide right now -- at $130.

I'll stand by the fact that you'll need someone making an impulse buy without wanting to even shop around first to pull the trigger on that #189. Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't want to count on that happening quickly, if at all.

You're a riot, Gabe, old chap. Not only do you buy horrible books to flip, but now you're wasting your (admittedly near worthless) time actually thinking up how to brag about it if and when you sell them. Notice, I didn't say "for a profit", just "sold them". Even if you do manage to sucker someone with less comic savvy, or any savvy, for that matter, than you (if such a person even exists, which I doubt), what will you have accomplished? You might make $30-$50 profit, maybe, on both books, after you've spent umpteen hours listing them on eBay, Facebook, kijiji and who knows where else. That's smart. By the way, the village just called...

But how much cheaper are we talking about?

Unrestored 6.0 copies -- which are not going to look substantially worse than the restored 7.0, if at all -- have seen the two most recent GPA-recorded sales come in at $180-190. A buyer who is looking to buy graded books in the first place -- in theory, the more educated buyer -- is going to pay for those before dropping more than that on a 7.0 restored. The less educated buyer -- the one you'll be looking for who wants an "original" and not a reprint, is more likely going to be spending less on an unrestored copy anyway, not wanting to spend the extra premium that a graded copy often commands to begin with.

For a perfect example, there's a Fine 6.0 graded copy on Worldwide right now -- at $130.

I'll stand by the fact that you'll need someone making an impulse buy without wanting to even shop around first to pull the trigger on that #189. Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't want to count on that happening quickly, if at all.

Going by what they see on ebay is a copy for 375 obo that's a 7.0 and the other copy at 420 that's also a 7.0

There's also a copy that's raw at 7.5 which is at 410 BIN

There's a 7.5 universal that ends soon which is at 215 right now but I know that's there's enough demand for this comic that's why I bought it and if it will be the cheapest in that grade range people will most likely make offers on mine.

8 8