• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

:slapfight:

What specifically did you learn from comics to apply to dealing in video games? You are $450 in the hole with video games. What is the FMV of your game inventory?  Just seems the same mistakes being made. (shrug)

Look, we all make mistakes but you are in the hole from your comic dealings. In the hole from your video game dealings. Now you want to get into cards? 

Magic eight ball says "outlook not good".

This thread is going on 2.5 years in length and really nothing much has changed.  Just sit back and watch to see if he can break the cycle and get back on track toward that $1,000,000 comic book.  Trying to reason or divert him from his goal is not going to happen so just enjoy the ride and eat some popcorn.  It's the best we can do at this point.

42 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

This thread is going on 2.5 years in length and really nothing much has changed.  Just sit back and watch to see if he can break the cycle and get back on track toward that $1,000,000 comic book.  Trying to reason or divert him from his goal is not going to happen so just enjoy the ride and eat some popcorn.  It's the best we can do at this point.

As much as I razz Gabe, part of it is I do hope he would focus on more important things in life and hope he "sees the light".  Awhile back,  I said I wouldn't comment any more after the last fiasco, so will pull back again because right now, I'm guilty of the same "I'm learning" kind of attitude with regards to basically repeating myself or pointing out the same things over and over.

So, the last thing I will say is this...Gabe, don't start up with another collectible.  Don't dig yourself another hole and try to at least "fill in" the ones you have already dug for yourself.  We all make mistakes when buying and selling collectibles. I certainly have, but you have a pattern of losses.  Just consider mitigating your losses first, getting competent at one area of collecting before taking on another one.

That is all.

8 hours ago, 1Cool said:

At least he was able to break the cycle of poverty that went on for multiple generations. :insane:

On 5/5/2017 at 9:05 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

As much as I razz Gabe, part of it is I do hope he would focus on more important things in life and hope he "sees the light".  Awhile back,  I said I wouldn't comment any more after the last fiasco, so will pull back again because right now, I'm guilty of the same "I'm learning" kind of attitude with regards to basically repeating myself or pointing out the same things over and over.

So, the last thing I will say is this...Gabe, don't start up with another collectible.  Don't dig yourself another hole and try to at least "fill in" the ones you have already dug for yourself.  We all make mistakes when buying and selling collectibles. I certainly have, but you have a pattern of losses.  Just consider mitigating your losses first, getting competent at one area of collecting before taking on another one.

That is all.

I would only do comics and since I do comics and video games it like a circle if one fails I focus on the other and if the other fails I go back to comics, I don't want periods where I'm left with stuff I can't sell or will have to sell for pennies on the dollar. I'm also learning about moderns and variants which as much as I said I hated if you look right you can make decent money off it. Also had and people are much more willing to buy bundles of video game stuff when they see their favorite games for next to nothing with a console so those are some new things I learned

Edited by uchiha101

On 5/6/2017 at 11:17 AM, uchiha101 said:

Comics purchased

Invincible lot of 1-5 plus #9 all 7.0/7.5 condition so instead of saying what I bought it for I want you guys to guess ;)

I'll play I'll play!  More than you should have :banana: 

I can't wait to hear the real number you paid for F/VF moderns at one of their peak times.:banana: 

5 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

I can't wait to hear the real number you paid for F/VF moderns at one of their peak times.:banana: 

I'll see your "More than you should have" and raise you "Likely more than you'll sell them for."

8 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

The number will be revealed after I sell the lot 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, uchiha101 said:

Comics purchased

Invincible lot of 1-5 plus #9 all 7.0/7.5 condition so instead of saying what I bought it for I want you guys to guess ;)

I'll say $375.00

Edited by DeadOne

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

#1 to #52 in high grade versus #1 to #5 and a few others in lower grade for a higher price.

Well if you can find someone selling the exact same lot now with the same grade and price go for it 

8 8