• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

515 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2024 at 8:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

Sunday’s idea…

Amazon just arrived.  Had to go into my Lego storage room and pull out a couple of things to complete the intended scene. 

IMG_9701.jpeg

SAG-AFTRA issued a statement Thursday defending Alec Baldwin after the actor was indicted last week for involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

The union argued that Baldwin was not responsible for firearms safety, and that if the prosecution rests on such a responsibility, “that is an incorrect assessment of the actual duties of an actor on set.”

“An actor’s job is not to be a firearms or weapons expert,” the union said. “Performers train to perform, and they are not required or expected to be experts on guns or experienced in their use. The industry assigns that responsibility to qualified professionals who oversee their use and handling in every aspect.”

Maybe this will reduce budgets & produce better product? 

Folks will lose their careers, I reckon. Live entertainment might flourish.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/entertainment/tyler-perry-halts-800-million-studio-expansion-due-ai-advancements

What I want to see is Silver Surfer 4 brought to panel-for-panel life as an animation with art indistinguishable from the Buscema brothers & voicework using Stan's word for word dialogue, all the goofy faux Shakespearean lines included.  

If Disney put out that sort of product, I'd never again care about watching human actors play these roles.