• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Thing Rulz the Copper Age!
7 7

317 posts in this topic

Not that I'm aware of.......good material though. Me ?......I finally said F'it and spent more than I wanted to on ST 49 and 50 ...... but they really were NM like the seller said. I was actually just as excited to get those (lost my OO run of ST in a house fire :sorry: ) as I am for a book that goes for 10 times that amount :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Glad to hear of your reaquasition of #49 and 50.

I just picked up volume 5 and 6 of the Moore run, I think I'll start over before reading 5 and 6 to refresh myself. I also picked up two volumes of the Veitch (sp?) run on eBay. But, I'll need the oop vol. 7, Regenises, to fill in the gap. :mad:

I'm 14 books away from a complete run of #16 (the first of the Bissette/Totleben run, though Totleben also worked on #10)through #64 in 9.8 SS.

I'm missing #40, #42, #51, #52, #58, and #61 from the run entirely, but that's because I haven't been able to hand 9.8 quality copies to Mr. T or the others yet.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=92145

I'm 14 books away from a complete run of #16 (the first of the Bissette/Totleben run, though Totleben also worked on #10)through #64 in 9.8 SS.

I'm missing #40, #42, #51, #52, #58, and #61 from the run entirely, but that's because I haven't been able to hand 9.8 quality copies to Mr. T or the others yet.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=92145

I can't begin to imagine how much time and effort went into that. I don't have many SS books, but I did just step outside my comfort zone a little and snagged a 9.6 SS of Swamp Thing 34......the sig placement is optimal (Totleben) and I really do "get" the appeal. Issue 34, while not a key, is one of my very favorite issues of the run......it's when I realized that these guys ain't playin'. Alan Moore just kind of pushed everything that had ever been done before in comics out of the way..... and just started doing his own thing. I'm probably not going to reassemble the entire run.... just my very favorites..... and I see an Annual 2 on the horizon next. GOD BLESS...

So should I pull my copies of #40, #42, #51, #52, #58, and #61? hm

The 53 I recently got from you was utterly flabbergasting ...... GOD BLESS...

The 53 I recently got from you was utterly flabbergasting ...... GOD BLESS...

Thanks, since I broke up my run by slabbing the 37 I've been trying to find good homes for the rest . . . ;) Love the cover on 53!

I have them somewhere. The #40 is tough, because the printer roller smeared a great deal of the run on the center of the spine. I don't know when/if Totleben is going to be around next, and I kinda don't want to get just his sig, if I can't get Bissette's and Veitch's as well.

I have a #58 and a #51, I just didn't have them in hand...the #61 I may not have, and all my #52s have a tiny CB spine tic on them.

If you think they're reasonable 9.8s, or 9.8s with a press, sure, why not?

I should post my run here.

I have them somewhere. The #40 is tough, because the printer roller smeared a great deal of the run on the center of the spine. I don't know when/if Totleben is going to be around next, and I kinda don't want to get just his sig, if I can't get Bissette's and Veitch's as well.

I have a #58 and a #51, I just didn't have them in hand...the #61 I may not have, and all my #52s have a tiny CB spine tic on them.

If you think they're reasonable 9.8s, or 9.8s with a press, sure, why not?

I should post my run here.

:popcorn: