• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who want's to buy my collection?

160 posts in this topic

This thread is the equivalent of being out to dinner with someone who takes a bite of their food and goes "Oh, this tastes terrible! Here... try it!"

You have a knack, OP, of starting threads in the worst possible ways.

You've gotten some good advice, even though what you're talking about still doesn't make much logical sense to some many most all of us.

Bottom line - Take a handful of your best comics with you.

The rest, sell to a dealer, a local comic shop, or craiglist, or one of the offers you're getting here for pennies on the dollar and then get off the stage for a while.

If it helps (and I know it won't, but what the heck?) your response would have been WAY DIFFERENT if you'd come here with this.

"Hi all - Could use some advice. I'm moving soon and I'm in a bind. I've been trying to sell my comic collection individually and haven't had a lot of luck and I really can't take them all with me and with the move coming up shortly, I really need some suggestions for the best way to move the whole collection quickly. Thanks in advance

Signed,

A reasonable person."

Something like that.

Hey guys I'm gonna take some answers as I need to sell my comics before going to Alberta or it goes in the trash because the sales threads aren't going as well as I'd hope so I'll make a thread with all my comics together

what do you guys think?

My biggest question is why would you want to move here? lol

I know the answer, but it still boggles my mind.

List all the books you want to sale and start a reverse auction. Keep reducing the price until they sell.

This. I wanna see what you got and make a choice if I want it. I collect 90's drek like no one's business.

I need phalanx covenant deluxe edition, xcutioners song and other great one shot forgettable xmen stories

This thread is the equivalent of being out to dinner with someone who takes a bite of their food and goes "Oh, this tastes terrible! Here... try it!"

You have a knack, OP, of starting threads in the worst possible ways.

You've gotten some good advice, even though what you're talking about still doesn't make much logical sense to some many most all of us.

Bottom line - Take a handful of your best comics with you.

The rest, sell to a dealer, a local comic shop, or craiglist, or one of the offers you're getting here for pennies on the dollar and then get off the stage for a while.

If it helps (and I know it won't, but what the heck?) your response would have been WAY DIFFERENT if you'd come here with this.

"Hi all - Could use some advice. I'm moving soon and I'm in a bind. I've been trying to sell my comic collection individually and haven't had a lot of luck and I really can't take them all with me and with the move coming up shortly, I really need some suggestions for the best way to move the whole collection quickly. Thanks in advance

Signed,

A reasonable person."

Something like that.

Very very true...

This thread makes me sad for the comic community in general :facepalm:

Don't be. There will always be "collectors" like this.

They come in - :whee: YAY! I'm going to buy and sell a million dollar comic! - and when there goals aren't fulfilled in a week, they grow bored and move on. It's the world we live in. Instant gratification or bust. :sorry:

They come in - :whee: YAY! I'm going to buy and sell a million dollar comic! - and when there goals aren't fulfilled in a week, they grow bored and move on. It's the world we live in. Instant gratification or bust. :sorry:

Oh the humanity

Ture but it seems like a lot of people these days are all about the money of the comics and not the love of them. The only reason I've any sold some of mine and my brother in-laws comics is to help my sister out or because I got caught up in the chase of a series rather than concentrating on the series I should.

I'm sure its just me and the place I'm in right now.

Serious question, no sarcasm intended, but why can't you take 25-30 comics with you? They would take up very little space unless you meant you are selling them to help with the move.

I have 200 comics 25 of them are the bigger money ones and 200 are the donald duck comics, technically this will help with the move since my mom can't get a bigger trailer and the higher value comics are slabbed and I'd be scared of them cracking

Donald Duck.. :popcorn:

I like me some Unca Scrooge..

Really? I'm flattered. :luhv: