• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist with Best Looking Incredible Hulk?

118 posts in this topic

Keown undoubtedly managed to retain a classic feel and be very dinamic at the same time, but he still had limits as an artist (mostly with the environment, background, certain clothing, et al) – if I have to choose my favorite I guess it would be either John or Sal Buscema (the latter especially when inked/finished by some great inker like Janson or Ernie Chan).

Purves: maybe he was suited to the Grey hulk stories in Vegas but I don’t like him much… :shrug:

purves hulk my least favorite, McFarlane second least favorite. When I think Hulk, I the version I picture is Ernie Chan!

Well, Kevin Nowlan turned into magic any title, especially the Strange Tales covers are absolute favorites but where did he draw the Hulk? hm

Probably at his drawing desk.

;-)

362-4.jpg

When I think Hulk, I the version I picture is Ernie Chan!

That’s what I was talking about :applause: – Keown was very good but he took a lot from early Byrne and other "classic" Hulk artists.

I was thinking about Byrne as well... I agree with your thoughts on Keown as much as I liked it.

Hulk318-2_zpsjnagugyc.jpg

I loved Chan, Buscema, Keown and McFarlane. And I grew up on Trimpe, who I didn't like as a kid, but have grown to appreciate.

But I think Joe Jusko did the best looking Hulk, with his paintings for the Marvel Trading cards series.