• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Condition of Comics that Come with Toys??
1 1

37 posts in this topic

I sold this in 2018 for $380.00.- Batman The Dark Knight Returns #1 4th PRINTING  CGC 9.8 -

The reprint was included in the 2009 DC Direct Dark Knight Returns Collector set.  I bought the toy on Ebay, had the book graded and sold it and then sold the toy separately, without the book, for another $50 or so.

image.png.0c76711f708470a5b9d4f58b9812c61d.png

On 12/9/2020 at 9:56 PM, ThaoComics said:

I love these too comics with toys too, i have seen one in particular go for over 500 in a 9.8 graded slab.

Please tell me what are the highest priced comics with toys that you know of... anyone?

The one I mentioned above is... drumroll

Reprint of ASM #129 included with The Punisher Figure, due to it's short run and hard to find 9.8 condition it sold close to 600 last one I saw on ebay.

I cannot find a copy for sale on ebay as of today 12.9.2020, the picture below is the 2nd run of these and next to worthless. The first run has 20 cents in the price box while these 2nd run copies are blank in the same place.

Happy hunting! The rarity and scarcity of these make them well worth buying!

punisher 2nd copy.jpg

No toy/Marvel Legends reprint had ever had the price on the cover. They are all blank like the one above. The particular comic you show in your post is not a toy edition at all but the one given away at the Punisher movie premiere (hence the Lions Gate Films logo on front). 

7 hours ago, B2D327 said:

Soooo.....

How would cgc slab this one, still sealed with the cassette tape from 1994?

9A8F24D1-F718-488F-9F8B-4BC7EC95596D.jpeg

This would be graded like the Amazing Spider-man variants that included tapes of the Spider-man single by the Ramones. 

Comic is graded separate from the cassette tape.  In fact you submit it without the inserts and must take it out of the bag. 

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

This would be graded like the Amazing Spider-man variants that included tapes of the Spider-man single by the Ramones. 

Comic is graded separate from the cassette tape.  In fact you submit it without the inserts and must take it out of the bag. 

(thumbsu thanks

good to know

On 12/11/2020 at 1:34 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

No toy/Marvel Legends reprint had ever had the price on the cover. They are all blank like the one above. The particular comic you show in your post is not a toy edition at all but the one given away at the Punisher movie premiere (hence the Lions Gate Films logo on front). 

You are wrong!!!!! At least according to my research, here is what I found. LOOK the price is on the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just having fun, man this book is by far my favorite but sooo rare really!

2076526368_punisherreprint.thumb.jpg.41c7317b2aeac5e274d790d10041d983.jpgTarget Exclusive Marvel Legends Series 6: Punisher Action Figure Variant

Reprints 1st appearance of Punisher (Frank Castle) & Jackal (Miles Warren)

NOT FOR RESALE printed on cover. 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:34 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Hey Kids, Comics!

check out the new info I posted, maybe a hidden gem you might be unaware of.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, ThaoComics said:

I love these too comics with toys too, i have seen one in particular go for over 500 in a 9.8 graded slab.

Please tell me what are the highest priced comics with toys that you know of... anyone?

The one I mentioned above is... drumroll

Reprint of ASM #129 included with The Punisher Figure, due to it's short run and hard to find 9.8 condition it sold close to 600 last one I saw on ebay.

I cannot find a copy for sale on ebay as of today 12.9.2020, the picture below is the 2nd run of these and next to worthless. The first run has 20 cents in the price box while these 2nd run copies are blank in the same place.

Happy hunting! The rarity and scarcity of these make them well worth buying!

punisher 2nd copy.jpg

Here is the book I saw on ebay for $500 in 9.8 condition, so rare indeed. Here is the info on it from what I found....Target Exclusive Marvel Legends Series 6: Punisher Action Figure Variant

punisher reprint.jpg

This is the ONLY reprint with the 20cent price tag, I think it's from the 90's though because that is how long I had mine before I sold it. Not from target as I posted earlier as Target didn't exist yet I think. More possible it was bought from Gemco or King Normandy, or Toys R Us...lol

Damn I'm old

1 hour ago, ThaoComics said:

Here is the book I saw on ebay for $500 in 9.8 condition, so rare indeed. Here is the info on it from what I found....Target Exclusive Marvel Legends Series 6: Punisher Action Figure Variant

punisher reprint.jpg

1 hour ago, ThaoComics said:

This is the ONLY reprint with the 20cent price tag, I think it's from the 90's though because that is how long I had mine before I sold it. Not from target as I posted earlier as Target didn't exist yet I think. More possible it was bought from Gemco or King Normandy, or Toys R Us...lol

Damn I'm old

The Marvel Series 6 was circa 2004 and did not have a price in the box.20210129_174057.jpg.7bef75b6348309d0428a70fca99bab4e.jpg

The Hasbro Spider-man Origins Circa 2006 had the 20 cent not for resale .

20210129_174118.jpg.eeadcc543e8c1ec676e76ce059c5d81d.jpg

The only reason they claim rare or ask that kind of money for them is the fact they came with toys and as such were really prone to damage which makes them hard to come by in 9.8, but either can be bought with relative ease for $50 or less still sealed with the toy. Just have to know which comics came with which toys. 

On 1/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The Marvel Series 6 was circa 2004 and did not have a price in the box.20210129_174057.jpg.7bef75b6348309d0428a70fca99bab4e.jpg

The Hasbro Spider-man Origins Circa 2006 had the 20 cent not for resale .

20210129_174118.jpg.eeadcc543e8c1ec676e76ce059c5d81d.jpg

The only reason they claim rare or ask that kind of money for them is the fact they came with toys and as such were really prone to damage which makes them hard to come by in 9.8, but either can be bought with relative ease for $50 or less still sealed with the toy. Just have to know which comics came with which toys. 

Much appreciated!

On 2/18/2015 at 10:42 AM, MetalPSI™ said:

I just bought an entire Hasbro aliens collection from '92 that came with comics. They are rolled up in the package. I can't imagine they will roll back out easily.

Lol! Welcome to my life. I did the same thing. Total cost to press (they need it after 30 years rolled in plastic), grade, and slab the set: $1,500.

I also have the comic set that came with the first series Spawn action figures; which are all in much better shape. Same with the Marvel Legends Spider-Man 2099 2nd (white) printing. I came back at 9.6, which considering how long it had been in the packaging, I didn’t think was too bad. 

Edited by BabaLament