• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

I just wanted to take another moment and say how much I am SO very grateful to all of you for being such an incredibly generous group!

I also wanted to pass on a word of thanks from my daughter, Kathryn. She just thinks its so amazing that people are willing stuff from here wish list! She gets SO excited when she comes home and their are packages already here for her to open.

Also my wife wanted to say thanks and she will be posting on here soon under my account.

I cannot even begin to say and express how grateful and thankful we are for all that you have done for us. Your generosity is beyond belief!!! It just blows me away everything you have done for us so far. Kathryn, our daughter, was so excited to go 'shopping'! She had so much fun picking out things and is chomping at the bits for the packages :whee: It is great to see her happy and excited. For all the money you have raised so far, I am speechless. You have no idea what that does for us, for the fun trips we want to spend together, paying off some bills so Rich doesn't feel like he is leaving me holding the bag. Rich and I have both teared up several times when you started this for us and just how much you have given. Words are not enough, so THANK YOU!!! Know that this has lessened the burden of all this and what is to come and brought us joy!!! Julie Rockwood

:applause: Hats off to the people that did all the work running this thread (thumbs u .

Everyone that gave :applause:

Rich, Julie and Kathryn........ my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please take some pics when you guys go away :)

We would love to see them.

Lots of people working on this...an incredible group...including people behind the scenes.

One of them just PMed me with this info. He was able to get Richard 3, 1 day Park Hopper passes for Disney, He tried to get them for longer, but this was the best he could do...and since they are about $500 for one day, I think he did a really great job:) (worship)

So...this is the note from our shy friend...and I know he was pulling a lot of strings and working hard to get these...

"They're e-tickets so when he books to go just send me a pm and I can email him the tickets to print for the day he wants them :). Feel free to mention the donation but please leave it anonymous. "

So you guys are covered at with passes for Disney for the first or last or whatever day:)

Savage Tales 5

NM except for what appears to be a production defect related to a dull blade? Choppy lower right page corners go throughout second half of interior pages, cover not affected

$5 and I will cover shipping

st5f_zpsa774843c.jpg

st5r_zpsm5m4vjor.jpg

st5corner_zpsu7ruw3sg.jpg

Savage Tales 5

NM except for what appears to be a production defect related to a dull blade? Choppy lower right page corners go throughout second half of interior pages, cover not affected

$5 and I will cover shipping

st5f_zpsa774843c.jpg

st5r_zpsm5m4vjor.jpg

st5corner_zpsu7ruw3sg.jpg

:takeit:

I just wanted to take another moment and say how much I am SO very grateful to all of you for being such an incredibly generous group!

I also wanted to pass on a word of thanks from my daughter, Kathryn. She just thinks its so amazing that people are willing stuff from here wish list! She gets SO excited when she comes home and their are packages already here for her to open.

Also my wife wanted to say thanks and she will be posting on here soon under my account.

I cannot even begin to say and express how grateful and thankful we are for all that you have done for us. Your generosity is beyond belief!!! It just blows me away everything you have done for us so far. Kathryn, our daughter, was so excited to go 'shopping'! She had so much fun picking out things and is chomping at the bits for the packages :whee: It is great to see her happy and excited. For all the money you have raised so far, I am speechless. You have no idea what that does for us, for the fun trips we want to spend together, paying off some bills so Rich doesn't feel like he is leaving me holding the bag. Rich and I have both teared up several times when you started this for us and just how much you have given. Words are not enough, so THANK YOU!!! Know that this has lessened the burden of all this and what is to come and brought us joy!!! Julie Rockwood

Rich, Julie and Kat, it's been an honor donating a bit of my time to assist Justin (HarveySwick) and Sharon (skypinkblu) with running this thread. I honestly wish I could have done more, because the time and effort these two have invested in this puts me to shame. Justin as the architect and mastermind behind the operation completely knocked it out the park and Sharon as the engineer has been an nothing short of MVP ace!

I anxiously await the pics from the upcoming trip to Disney and know you guys are gonna have a blast! Just make sure to take tons of pics and selfies with all the Disney characters you bump into and soak it all in. Disney is a magical place!

To this community... a HUGE heartfelt THANK YOU and a tip of my hat for the thoughtfulness, generosity and togetherness displayed to make this a resounding success! ...and the generosity keeps on pouring in and I say BRING IT ON!

:foryou:

RECAP

Page 4

Poison Ivy art by Peter Steigerwald $100 Free US shipping.

Page 6

Atlas-Seaboard Lot $100 SHIPPED (split outside CONUS)

Page 14

Smurfs first appearance set - Spirou 1071 & 1072. VG or so condition. $360 shipped.

Page 21

Green Hornet #1 Dynamic Forces Negative Variant. CGC 9.8 SS John Cassaday. $40 Free US shipping.

Sex #1 CGC 9.8 ECCC variant. 2 copies available. $30 each or both for $50. Free US shipping.

Page 29

Batman Archive #3, Probably first edition sealed 1994. $40 shipped US Media Mail.

Wonder Woman Archives #1, First Edition. Sealed with some tears in the cellophane. $100 shipped US Priority.

The Fantastic Four Vol #2, 2nd edition sealed. $20 shipped US Media Mail.

DC Comics Presents #49 NM- $65 Shipped

Page 30

Shazam #1 CGC 9.6 ow/w $200. First $20 of shipping covered.SOLD to Columbia Comics

Page 31

Image Firsts: Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.6. 2 available. $50 each US shipping included.

Page 33

Chris Mooneyham 11x14 commission. One character ($200) or two character ($300). Free US shipping.SOLD to LB Jefferies

Page 35

Batman Hardcover book lot of 2. $50 shipped.

Page 37

Walking Dead #9 CGC SS 9.8 Robert Kirkman $350. Free US shipping, $15 credit towards international.

Batman Adventures 12 x 2 copies- German Reprint. Not the best copies. $80 for both shipped worldwide.

Page 39

Box full of miniseries! $25 Shipped in the US. Pick around 40 books from the list. ALL CLAIMED

Inhumans #1 $90 shipped in the US. International please PM first.

Page 41

Final Fantasy VII art x2 by Bill Dinh (board member BillytheKidd). Cloud (11x17) & Tifa (10x14).

$80 shipped for the pair to the US

Page 46

Original art page from Spike Mulligan #5 page 6 for $50

Page 48

Crow 1 first print CGC 9.2 SS Signed by James O'Barr. $200. Free US shipping, $10 international credit.

TMNT 33 First Turtle variant CGC 9.8. Limited to 500 copies. Features Eastman's first TMNT sketch. $100. Free US shipping, $10 international credit.

Page 51

Strange Tales 167 FN+ $25 shipped

Page 52

Fantastic Four Lot 1 #151/163/216 Vg/Vg+. $12 shipped or all 3 FF lots for $30 shipped.

Fantastic Four Lot 2 #169/179/193 Fine/Fine+ range $15 shipped or all 3 FF lots for $30 shipped.

Fantastic Four Lot 3 #220/222/223 solid mid-grade books $15 shipped or all 3 FF lots for $30 shipped.

Marvel Super-Action #18 VG range $12 shipped

Superman #227 reader copy $7 shipped

**** Take the two above books (MSA 18 & Supes 227) for $15 shipped

---------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Rich, Julie and Kat, it's been an honor donating a bit of my time to assist Justin (HarveySwick) and Sharon (skypinkblu) with running this thread. I honestly wish I could have done more, because the time and effort these two have invested in this puts me to shame. Justin as the architect and mastermind behind the operation completely knocked it out the park and Sharon as the engineer has been an nothing short of MVP ace!

I anxiously await the pics from the upcoming trip to Disney and know you guys are gonna have a blast! Just make sure to take tons of pics and selfies with all the Disney characters you bump into and soak it all in. Disney is a magical place!

To this community... a HUGE heartfelt THANK YOU and a tip of my hat for the thoughtfulness, generosity and togetherness displayed to make this a resounding success! ...and the generosity keeps on pouring in and I say BRING IT ON!

:foryou:

That made me cry. Not kidding.

So glad to be part of this community.

Never check this section of the boards, and only became aware of this thread from someone posting the link in Modern...great job everyone!

Richard is a fan of artist Chris Mooneyham and has bought FIVE GHOSTS original art from me in the past. Always a pleasure to deal with. Needless to say, this is devastating news.

My donation will be one 11X14 commission by Chris. His standard rate is $200 for single character, or $300 for two characters. Here are some examples:

0504151756228bnCB2e8bb.jpg

050415175622i1ajLEpkBC.jpg

180814193302fafUZs5smo.jpg

131014183507NNTLpMSlik.jpg

First :takeit: on either one character ($200) or two character ($300) option gets the commission. Just let me know what character(s) you want, and I'll get it done with Chris. 100% of proceeds will go to Richard's family. I will also cover shipping in the US.

If there are any questions, let me know. Thanks for reading!

:takeit: two character commission, felix

A last donation – this is a small piece done by famous italian artist Corrado Roi (mostly working for Bonelli on Dylan Dog) when my friends Massimiliano and Giuliano interviewed him for our fanzine in 1990.

This Batman is weird and somewhat funny, but it’s possibly the only Batman drawing Roi ever did.

It holds particular meaning as my friend Massimiliano passed away from cancer in 2007 (at age 37) so I asked Giuliano if he agreed to donate this small piece (which I had, but always considered theirs) and he was very happy to concur.

Asking $60 donated to Rich, and I will include a copy of my fanzine with the interview which has a reproduction of the drawing and pictures taken at Roi's home. CLAIMED

Also, if you believe a prayer for my friend Massimiliano's soul is much appreciated. :)

I'll cover shipping, of course.

UruVGBzh.jpg

This thread restores my faith in humanity. What a great community.

I humbly submit the following book to the cause: Silver Surfer 14 7.5 OW/W. It presents incredibly well with almost perfect centering. The back cover has some staining (fingerprints?) along the top and bottom. Otherwise that 7.5 would be a lot higher. There is also a date stamp right on the moon.

:news: SOLD to Jonahmeh

photo SS14FR 001_zpsfk6ei8qj.jpg

photo SS14BK 001_zpsnduaxwyq.jpg

A last donation – this is a small piece done by famous italian artist Corrado Roi (mostly working for Bonelli on Dylan Dog) when my friends Massimiliano and Giuliano interviewed him for our fanzine in 1990.

This Batman is weird and somewhat funny, but it’s possibly the only Batman drawing Roi ever did.

It holds particular meaning as my friend Massimiliano passed away from cancer in 2007 (at age 37) so I asked Giuliano if he agreed to donate this small piece (which I had, but always considered theirs) and he was very happy to concur.

Asking $60 (or whatever you want) donated to Rich, and I will include a copy of my fanzine with the interview which has a reproduction of the drawing and pictures taken at Roi's home.

Also, if you believe a prayer for my friend Massimiliano's soul is much appreciated. :)

I'll cover shipping, of course.

UruVGBzh.jpg

:takeit: