• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20% off RAW, LOVELY, GOLDENAGE BOOKS, ALL FLASH to Undercover 3D glasses ADDED

107 posts in this topic

:news: 20% off all books,

I'll be selling about 2530 books from my collection tonight. This is probably my last GA sale of the year.

Most of these, I've had for a while, and I like them all, but I'm trying to consolidate a few things.

To the best of my knowledge, none have been pressed or restored, except for the 1 I noted.

Some of them have defects that might be able to be pressed out, but I graded them as I see them now, not what they might be later.

I always try to grade fairly, but if I miss something, I’ll gladly refund, just let me know within 5 days of receipt.

First person to post a :takeit: or write it out, in the thread or by PM wins, I go by timestamp.. That means if we are discussing something and someone beats you with a take it, they win.

Shipping…I’d love to pack less, so I’m going to try a shipping discount. I use Gator boards which have a wood veneer if I use a flat rate envelope.. They are sturdier than a box, so figure 2 books in a flat rate envelope for $4.99. If you prefer a box, figure $7.50 for up to 10 books, if you spend more than $150, I will ship for free (US only).

or if you have a US PO box or address). IF you live near me and a regional box is less than $7.50, I’ll refund the difference.

I pay for private insurance, so that’s included on anything over $50 as is tracking. For anything under $50, USPS insurance is included.

I pack carefully and never charge a handling fee.

I’m happy to ship to you out of the US, but it will be at my cost. Shipping has just gotten to be so expensive out of the U.S, it's hard to discount. IF you spend more than $150 and you live out of the US, I'll split the shipping with you.

I have quite a bit of feedback here and on eBay if you check the links, you will see it:)

Have fun...well loved doesn't mean they are all terrible, btw...it means they were well cared for;) in a smoke free home with stable temperatures and a nice cosy place to live;)

Payment is due by Sunday unless you PM me before buying and I agree to whatever terms you propose.

All-American #36,

Race Car cover. 1942 Doiby uses his unique talents as a cab driver to win an important car race and save the US. Stories include Green Lantern, Hop Harrigan, Mutt and Jeff, the Atom (the original one;) ,Red White and Blue, Sargon the Sorcerer and Dr. Mid-Nite. VERY nice pages, tear at the top of the cover (about 1”) and 1 at the bottom, tears at the staples and 3 at the right edge. The staples are still attached to the cover, but barely. There is a lot of crayon inside the back cover.

Grade is Good+, bin is $175. Sold

all%20american%2036_0001.jpg

all%20american%2036_0002.jpg

All American 43, 1942,

Green Lantern, Dr Mid-nite, Sargon the Sorcerer, Mutt and Jeff, Hop Harrigan, Scribbly and the Red Tornado, Red White and Blue. From the outside this book looks to be in VG/F condition or maybe a little better, there is a tear at the upper staple and a small piece off the top of the spine, book is flat and smooth… but there is foxing inside the front cover and on the outer edge. Some of the pages look like they have been damp at some point. They are supple and very light, not wavy at all but some of the color has bled. There is an ad for Wonder Woman #1 on the last page. I’m going to grade it at Gd/VG because of the foxing.

Bin is $200

all%20american%2043_0001.jpg

all%20american%2043_0002.jpg

Clue Comics #8 Hillman Publications, Palais art.

Nice, color, nice pages, there is a tear at the bottom staple, but it’s still attached and a stain and some light ripples on the upper right front cover edge, top staple is dark. The Boy King (and his American brother Muggsy) , Night Mare and Sleepy, Stupid Manny, Jackie Law and the Boy Rangers, Zippo,

Grade is VG Bin is $50

Sold to Selegue

clue%208_0001.jpg

clue%208_0002.jpg

Clue Comics #10,

Overstreet says this is the Origin and the 1st appearance of the Gun Master and that the series changes to Crime, however, there is a story about Caleb Scott, the Master of Steel (complete with Laboratory panels) that borders on Horror, and Stupid Manny plus Nightmare continue. The front looks a lot nicer than the back, which has some creases and some stains at the bottom. It’s still in the VG (4.0) range.

Bin is $60 (guide is $72 in VG)

clue%2010_0001.jpg

clue%2010_0002.jpg

Crack Comics #12,1941, publisher is Quality

Lou Fine cover, and if you don’t own a book with his art, you are missing something. The Black Condor, Speace Leagion, , Wizard Wells (who is experimenting with Atomic Powers…he needs thermos bottles to make them work;) The Red Torpedo, Jane Arden (complete with Paper Dolls;)

Alias the Spider! Did you know that 20 years before the Amazing Spider-Man appeared, there was a superhero who was an archer, and his special weapon was a web that could be thrown to capture crooks? Ned Brant, Tor the Magic Master, Snappy ,Madam Fatal , Slap Happy, and one of my favorites, the Clock rounds out the book.

The book has white pages, great cover gloss, but there is tape on the spine and the tape is holding the cover onto the first wrap, and that wrap is detached from the book. It’s lower grade but a nice one and very hard to find, you may not see another one.

Bin is $275.

crack%2012_0001.jpg

crack%2012.jpg

Green Lantern #12, 1944,

Paul Reinman cover art. Doiby learns manners, enters high society and Gl is sa gambler. Centerfold is detached, nice pages. Cover is attached at the staples, but there are small pieces of tape on the inside reinforcing the staples. Corner pieces are missing top and bottom right, extraneous piece of tape on the inside cover in the middle of the shadow picture. There are several tears on the spine and a ½” x ½ piece missing at the top of the back cover, ½ “ tear open edge of back cover. Centerfold is detached.

Grade is Good ..maybe Good+ (2.0 to 2.5) Bin is $135

green%20lantern%2012_0001.jpg

green%20lantern%2012_0003.jpg

Green Lantern #31, Sold to Catrick

Great cover and nice pages, but there is a huge tear. The piece is still attached but barely. There is a piece missing at the upper left and a piece off the spine. Grade is Fair. It’s a scarce issue.

Bin is $75

green%20lantern%2031_0001.jpg

green%20lantern%2031_0002_1.jpg

Green Lantern #34.

Sold to 143ksk

A big change with this issue, Streak the Wonder Dog, has become so popular that he’s the cover star, not GL;) The first story still stars GL, Streak doesn’t get his spot till the 2nd story.

The pages are nice, cover colors are great, but there were some hungry bugs who ate part of the cover spine. By a miracle, the cover is holding on to the staples. Centerfold is attached. Damage is as shown.

Grade is Fair/Good (1.5) Bin is $95

green%20lantern%2034_0001.jpg

green%20lantern%2034_0002.jpg

I’ve always thought these books were undervalued.

Mary Marvel #8, Christmas cover. Sold to Tivo32

outer cover is presentable, there is a corner chew on the back, and there is a wrap missing. The stories appear to be complete.

Grade is poor, Bin is $30

mary%20marvel%208_0001.jpg

mary%20marvel%208_0002.jpg

Mary Marvel #20, Sold to Catrick

Very small cover split at the bottom, small stain on the back, ¼ inch tear back cover at the bottom edge.

A few creases on the back, the front looks better.

Grade is Fine Bin is $75

mary%20marvel%2020_0001.jpg

mary%20marvel%2020_0002.jpg

Master Comics #70,

Captain Marvel Jr. Radar 2 pt serial, Nyoka, and Bulletman stories. Nice color and very nice light pages, a long crease upper right, a crease across the middle of the front cover and a few of the inside pages have corner bends. The centerfold is detached. There is a name written on the top in pencil. Grade is VG (4.0)

bin is $40

masters2070_0001.jpg

masters%2070_0002.jpg

Master Comics #112, Sold to Norrin's lawyer

Starring Captain Marvel Jr, Nyoka and Tom Mix stories. Published in 1950. Nice looking copy with great cover colors and white pages, a small chip on the back cover and two small cover spine splits about ½ “ at each end. Grade is VG+ or better.

It’s scarce, there is only 1 on the census. Bin $45

masters%20comics%20112_0001.jpg

masters%20comics%20112_0002.jpg

I’ve always thought these books were undervalued.

Mary Marvel #8, Christmas cover.

outer cover is presentable, there is a corner chew on the back, and there is a wrap missing. The stories appear to be complete.

Grade is poor, Bin is $30

mary%20marvel%208_0001.jpg

mary%20marvel%208_0002.jpg

Throw this baby in a mylar and fullback and it counts as a Christmas decoration right?!

:takeit: I love it!