• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20% off RAW, LOVELY, GOLDENAGE BOOKS, ALL FLASH to Undercover 3D glasses ADDED

107 posts in this topic

Action Comics #190. 1954

Stories include “The Boy Who Saved Superman”, Congo Bill in “The Man Who Wanted to Die a Hero”, Tommy Tomorrow in Hunters of the Future, and the Vigilante in “The Vigilante’s Adopted Tribe”.

This one is complete with 20 pages, one of the odd page count DCs from the early 50’s. Also listed by Metro as Scarce…even though they have 2 copies. This one is low grade. The cover is split and taped on the inside. There is a piece missing on the first page, but the pages are supple and all there.

Although the cover shows chips at the top, I think the paper is OK. It’s a reading copy,

Bin is $30.00

action%20190_0001.jpg

action%20190_0002.jpg

Action Comics #191, Also from 1954 and also with 20 pages (plus the covers)

Stories include “Paging Doctor Superman”, Congo Bill in “Janu the Jungle Boy”, Tommy Tomorrow in “Nine Worlds Hotel” and the Vigilante is “Purple Raiders of Cripple Creek”.

This one is in much better shape than the other two. There are two tears at the bottom, one is

about ½ inch (the corner), and the one in the middle about ¾ of an inch. Cover is split to the top staple but it’s still holding on. Very nice colors and nice pages. Two smaller tears on the right side front cover.

Grade is Good+ (2.5) Good+ guide i $85, bin is $70.

action%20191_0001.jpg

action%20191_0002.jpg

Adventure Comics #169, 1951, Sold to Xela

Stories include “Clark Kent’s Private Butler”

,The Green Arrow starring in “The Amazing Arrow Medal” and Johnny Quick in “Johnny Quick’s New Assistant”

Another low grade lovely book. 20 pages. Nice pages, cover is split to about the middle, but is attached (barely) at the top staple. Nice pages and color.

Bin is $38

adventure%20169_0001_1.jpg

adventure%20169_0002_1.jpg

Adventure Comics #204, 1954Sold to Selegue

Stories include Superboy in the “Super Brat of Smallville”, Aquaman in “The Lagoon of Doom” and Johnny Quick in “King Comedy” and The Green Arrow in “the Amazing Arrowthon”

This is one of those odd DCs with the strange page counts, 12 pages before the staple, 8 after, with 4 leaves sliced out of the back end. It’s the same as a few of the GA war books, just odd, but complete.

The cover is detached and split to the first staple and there is a lot of dirt on the first page, there is a sliver off the side of one page. There are some tears on the back. That piece on the back is there, just folded back in the scan.

A basic Good- (1.8)

Bin is $30

adventure%20204_0001_1.jpg

adventure%20204_0002_1.jpg

Police Lineup #2,

Same painted cover as Avon Paperback #329, classic story of drugs and perversion, “The Religious Murder Cult” lower staple pop.

Grade is VG (looks nicer, lowered for the pop) 4.0)

. Bin is $50

police%20line%20up%202_0001.jpg

police%20line%20up%202_0002.jpg

The Saint #6,

Lots of GGA art, especially in the Miss Fury story (by Tarpe Mills) and the Lucky Dale story. Miss Fury was the first female superhero drawn and written by a female. This is the first Miss Fury in The Saint and probably the last…which is too bad because I wanted to find out the end of the story;). She had a run of books published by Timely.

The book has nice colors, nice pages, staples are attached at the cover and the centerfold, however there are some tears at the spine and the spine is rolled.

Grade is Good+ (2.5) maybe a drop better.

bin is $65

the%20saint%206_0001.jpg

the%20saint%206_0002.jpg

The Saint Detective Cases. #7.

There is a Painted cover, and lots of GGA art in this issue.

There is a tear from the bottom of the spine going across about 3” of the back cover and a 1” tear on the right edge. Pages appear to be white. Torn pieces appear to be all there, just folded over.

Grade is Good- (1.8) .

Bin is $25

the%20saint%207_0001.jpg

the%20saint%207_0002.jpg

The Saint “The notorious Murder Mob” #9.

Nice color!, the bottom staple is detached from the cover. There is a corner missing on the back at the bottom. There is a very small tear that goes through the back cover and about 4 pages, and a small piece missing at the bottom of the front cover.

The grade is VG- (4.5)

bin is $40

the%20saint%209_0001.jpg

the%20saint%209_0002.jpg

Sometimes life gets in the way;) so around 2, became 5;)

I'm going to post the rest of my out of order books, then do the rest starting at 7.

Action 133, 1949

Superman in “The World’s Most Perfect Girl”, Tommy Tomorrow in “Hollywood of Space”, and Congo Bill in “The Man who Hunted Thrills”. Last but not least Vigilante in “The Gold Rush Comes to Gotham”. Maybe they will meet the cast;)

White pages,dirt ,several pieces of tape and a piece off the front cover, the tape from the front goes over the spine to the back, plus there are a few added extras There is a nice sized piece off the back cover. There is a piece off the bottom corner of the 4th from the last page. About 1x1, affects the art, not the story. Tape on the top centerfold staple. Metro has one that doesn’t look much better than this for $106 and they call it “rare” I don’t see any others to compare it to. It might not be "rare" but it's not ordinary.

Bin is $55

action%20131_0001.jpg

action%20190_0002.jpg

:takeit:

If you can add to my pile please.

Sometimes life gets in the way;) so around 2, became 5;)

I'm going to post the rest of my out of order books, then do the rest starting at 7.

Action 133, 1949

Superman in “The World’s Most Perfect Girl”, Tommy Tomorrow in “Hollywood of Space”, and Congo Bill in “The Man who Hunted Thrills”. Last but not least Vigilante in “The Gold Rush Comes to Gotham”. Maybe they will meet the cast;)

White pages,dirt ,several pieces of tape and a piece off the front cover, the tape from the front goes over the spine to the back, plus there are a few added extras There is a nice sized piece off the back cover. There is a piece off the bottom corner of the 4th from the last page. About 1x1, affects the art, not the story. Tape on the top centerfold staple. Metro has one that doesn’t look much better than this for $106 and they call it “rare” I don’t see any others to compare it to. It might not be "rare" but it's not ordinary.

Bin is $55

action%20131_0001.jpg

action%20190_0002.jpg

If you can add to my pile please.

Sold, thanks, John

Shield Wizard #3, 1941

Sold to Tivo32

Published by MLJ . If you are not familiar with this company, they later became Archie Comics and there books are generally not common.

Complete, bottom corners are brittle, Pieces are missing from the cover. Nice cover image and the book is readable

I didn’t want to make it worse, so I scanned it in a bag.

Grade is poor (because it's brittle) , but try and find one.

Bin is $65.00

shield%20wizard%203_0001.jpg

shield%20wizard%203_0002.jpg

Shield Wizard 5,

There is a piece missing upper left, There are some chips of the inside corners on the right, spine is OK, I’d say it’s slightly brittle, pieces that were bad seem to be gone. I had no problem paging through it.

Grade is Fair/Good.

Bin is $125

shield%20wizard%205_0001.jpg

shield%20wizard%205_0002.jpg

I had some of my prices mixed up, I fixed those. :sorry:

Next is

Shield Wizard #9, Classic cover! with a piece missing upper left, Spine split about 2.5 inches on the bottom, cover detached., centerfold detached. Nice pages.

I think this has the first Archie in Shield Wizard.

Grade is Good-, (1.8) bin is $185

shield%20wizard%209_0001.jpg

shield%20wizard%209_0002.jpg

Superman 81, 1953, 20 pages. sold to MBFan

Featured in POP (Parade of Pleasure)

This is a lesser known Supergirl type prototype. Tharka of Zor has superpowers on that planet and comes to earth in the last story. The first story features a giant Lex Luthor.

It’s not a common book.

Pages are supple, and it’s complete, the cover is raggedy. Nice copy to read. I see a coverless copy on eBay for $50 , it’s better than Coverless;)

Bin is $55.

superman%2081_0001.jpg

superman%2081_0002.jpg

Superman 81, 1953, 20 pages.

This is a lesser known Supergirl type prototype. Tharka of Zor has superpowers on that planet and comes to earth in the last story. The first story features a giant Lex Luthor.

It’s not a common book.

Pages are supple, and it’s complete, the cover is raggedy. Nice copy to read. I see a coverless copy on eBay for $50 , it’s better than Coverless;)

Bin is $55.

superman%2081_0001.jpg

superman%2081_0002.jpg

Undercover Girl #5,

Starr Flagg (ME)

Nice bright cover colors, lots of creasing. There is a piece out at the bottom of the cover. The cover and centerfold are attached, there is a 2x 6” piece torn off a page in the last story.

Low grade bin is $35

undercover%20girl%205_0001.jpg

undercover%20girl%205_0002.jpg

Superman 81, 1953, 20 pages.

It’s not a common book.

Bin is $55.

superman%2081_0001.jpg

superman%2081_0002.jpg

sold thank you!

Undercover Girl #6,

Starr Flagg, ME.

White pages, some creasing near the spine and a smaller than ¼” tear at the right edge and a tiny tear at the upper right corner, that corner may come off. Grade is Fine- (5.5)

Bin is $65

undercover%20girl%206_0001.jpg

undercover%20girl%206_0002.jpg