• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

Love the conversation and of course you are all correct because the tiers are valid within our individual experiences...but what really thrills me is that some of us still actually realize that  these are books and not commodity's:) 

Well I’m glad a DC flick became a surprise runaway hit despite not being anywhere near my top ten favorite comic book movies.  It’s success puzzles me much like the success of certain Marvel movies. I still rank Winter Soldier above all the Avengers movies.  I even enjoyed Civil War over any Avengers title. Unfortunately for me since Aquaman proved so successful, the sequel will probably be more of the same. And it wasn’t terrible, I enjoyed the finale but it’s just #notmyaquaman.

2 hours ago, Oddball said:

Well I’m glad a DC flick became a surprise runaway hit despite not being anywhere near my top ten favorite comic book movies.  It’s success puzzles me much like the success of certain Marvel movies. I still rank Winter Soldier above all the Avengers movies.  I even enjoyed Civil War over any Avengers title. Unfortunately for me since Aquaman proved so successful, the sequel will probably be more of the same. And it wasn’t terrible, I enjoyed the finale but it’s just #notmyaquaman.

Sorry this wasn't a more positive experience for you. Others had a more positive reaction to the movie. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to react the same. For me, it wasn't perfect. But it sure was loaded with eye candy and good storytelling.

Since Wan is stating already he won't fully commit to the sequel until he sees a solid -script, I'm hoping that is an indicator to a strong sequel. :wishluck:

On ‎2019‎/‎02‎/‎17 at 12:15 PM, Oddball said:

I saw the Aquaman film last night with 2 friends. Of the 3 of us I gave it the highest score which was 6 out of 10, the others gave it a 5 and 3.

I agree with you on Winter Soldier; it is still my favorite movie from the superhero genre.

We went to a holiday Monday afternoon showing as a family since my wife and daughter had not seen the movie yet. I was surprised at how full the theatre was this late in the run. We thought it would be mostly empty and had to 

The girls loved it, and before the film we hit a car dealership nearby to check out a new vehicle where the younger female sales rep helping us said she loved the film as well. I think DC has done a better job with portraying strong female characters in their more recent films than Marvel has to date which appeals to female viewers(Captain Marvel should change things for Marvel). I guess you can also say they do a better job with naughty girls as well - my daughter and her friends saw SS 3 - 5 apiece due to Harley. lol 

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Now just $17.8M away from Civil War's 2016 final box office.

It will be interesting to see if it can top that. Aquaman, the 3rd tier DC hero that saved their movie universe. lol 

FWIW, I liked Aquaman much more than Civil War. There are too many editing, CGI, story, and poor acting issues (mail it in = big payday anyways) in Civil War. It is a distant third best Avengers film for me: Infinity War > Avengers >>>>>>>>> Civil War >>>>>>>> Age of Ultron.

Edited by kimik