• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,624 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, flashlites said:

Flash #121! Still 10 cents but not for long by issue 125 they would be 12 cents. Counting down the days for my #109 in route! Very excited, stay tuned comic fans!

I started buying comics as a kid at the tail end of the 10 cent era. For a quarter I could get two comics and a nickel candy bar, yes that's all they cost back then. Now the price goes to 12 cents so I had to settle for my two comics and a penny gumball. Still ticks me off to this day. HaHA !

8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I started buying comics as a kid at the tail end of the 10 cent era. For a quarter I could get two comics and a nickel candy bar, yes that's all they cost back then. Now the price goes to 12 cents so I had to settle for my two comics and a penny gumball. Still ticks me off to this day. HaHA !

When I started buying comics they were 15 cents. There were many price hikes in my generation but I remember when they went up to 35. I said no way that's too much for a comic! About a year later I had cought the collecting bug and was happily paying $5 or more for those great SA and GA back issues!

18 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Won this on ebay, after missing out on a copy in a similar grade in the last CLink auction, and cracked it out just now. Colors look terrific for a 6.0.

nightmare-12-a.jpg

You took it out of a CGC case!? Do tell more... I'm new to the CGC and have yet to send a book off ( I suffer from postal anxiety). Before I'd heard of the CGC I bought a book some years ago that had a CGC label behind the backing board. Apparently some do "crack them open"?