• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how popular Suydam is.

137 posts in this topic

Now Renee is saying they moved due to give space to other artists and get paid for electricity for everyone in the new area.

I may have missed it. Has anyone talked to the show promoter?

The promotor posted this the other day.

SuydamMCC.png

Now Renee is saying they moved due to give space to other artists and get paid for electricity for everyone in the new area.

I may have missed it. Has anyone talked to the show promoter?

The promotor posted this the other day.

SuydamMCC.png

this sounds about right. I would not have expected any type of blame assigning, especially not assigning blame to a well known creator. If you want the real details, I wouldn't expect them from the convention's official PR people.

This is all so strange to me. I met Suydam while walking around with a DWC witness at Calgary '13. He knew the witness and said: "He a friend of yours?" referring to me, then proceeded to give me a print of his Wolverine #1 homage which he signed.

I couldn't have been more thrilled with the guy. :shrug:

In retrospect, he did have a HUGE setup.

This is all so strange to me. I met Suydam while walking around with a DWC witness at Calgary '13. He knew the witness and said: "He a friend of yours?" referring to me, then proceeded to give me a print of his Wolverine #1 homage which he signed.

How many prints did you have to buy compared to how many sigs you had him do?

The fact that they say they take a measure of responsibility and not all pretty much spells it out without saying it directly..

It says they are professionals and won't air their dirty laundry in public. It was their show and he did this in their artist alley. The only thing that could make what he did worse is if they said they were clueless as to what was going on.

The fact that they say they take a measure of responsibility and not all pretty much spells it out without saying it directly..

It says they are professionals and won't air their dirty laundry in public. It was their show and he did this in their artist alley. The only thing that could make what he did worse is if they said they were clueless as to what was going on.

Totally agree.

Mostly he needed all that space to fit his ego.

I noticed you got a thank you in the article about the fake photo.... :applause:

kav_zpsxwrddct0.jpg

so his response was to pass the buck on to some unknown former assistant who used some other promoters picture-- further separating him as being responsible for it. Sound like BS to me. This guy is a tool.

Yep way to blame and use the old I never really look at my website excuse.

Also even when it was brought to his attention and he DID see it he didn't say WHOA I never had a crowd like that WTF no it was only once it was PROVEN that he responded.

System

File Namethekingofzombies.jpgFile Size192 kBFile Modify Date2015:07:06 19:14:08-04:00File Permissionsrw-r--r--

File

File TypeJPEGMIME Typeimage/jpegExif Byte OrderLittle-endian (Intel, II)Image Width600Image Height380Encoding ProcessBaseline DCT, Huffman codingBits Per Sample8Color Components3Y Cb Cr Sub SamplingYCbCr4:4:4 (1 1)

Ducky

Quality100%

Adobe

DCT Encode Version100APP 14 Flags0[14], Encoded with Blend=1 downsamplingAPP 14 Flags1(none)Color TransformYCbCr

Composite

Image Size600x380

How many prints did you have to buy compared to how many sigs you had him do?

I didn't give him a damn dime, and I wasn't even looking for a sig. We were stopping at his table for someone else's books. I mentioned to the witness that I was a fan of his Marvel Zombies work, and she said she'd introduce me. Then he gave me the print. That was it.

Please re phrase that comment I want to understand what you are saying.