• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four will historically be known as what killed the comic movie craze!

490 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four will be the movie that causes the superhero hype movie bubble to pop.

Mainstream will never take superhero movies seriously again.

Every once in a while I see bad superhero movies that were either boring or ridiculous, but here with this Fantastic Four movie it goes much beyond that. Here we have a movie that totally disgusted me.

Like the rest of my fellow comic book brothers and sisters I didn`t want to believe the critics that this movie was bad. I wanted to believe that those critics didn`t get it. So I went into the movie theatre last night determined to enjoy this movie.

It starts out actually good for the first 10 minutes or so. Wow, I’m saying the critics are wrong, than it quickly starts to unravel. I realize that this is totally nothing like the Fantastic Four I had grown up on.

Reed Richards, Sue Storm,Human Torch, and the Thing in this movie are not the family vision that Jack Kirby and Stan Lee inspired, but a totally dysfunctional unit who don`t belong as a family together.

The Thing is definitely not Jack Kirby`s vision, and is even worse than the Mike Chiklis version.

Let`s get this out of the way first. I loved Michael B. Jordan in Fruitvale Station, but he comes off as a totally obnoxious unlikeable Johnny Storm, so enough with well at least Michael B.Jordan gave a good performance talk. No, his performance wasn`t good. He sucked as Johnny Storm. Of the Fantastic Four members he gave the worst performance. Think of Chris Rock playing Johnny Storm.

michael-b-jordan-fantastic-four.jpg

Not the worst performance of the movie, as that goes to Toby Kebbell who played Doctor Doom. What a joke he was. I laughed at certain scenes. He reminded me of a Power Rangers villain!

doomfantasticfour-146710.png

If you want to say any of the members who gave a good performance than I go with Kate Mara who played the Invisible Woman, but let`s not kid ourselves as I am only giving her kudos because I`m trying find one positive in this mess.

kate-mara.jpg

Speaking of messes lets now talk about the CGI effects. These CGI effects would be state of the art if this was 1995, but unfortunately this isn`t 1995.

Now as to why I found this movie disgusting is never in my life did I want to walk out on a movie three times during it`s showing. I could hear the audience laughing at this movie. Saying super heroes were dumb and lame. All I kept thinking was how Nolan did all this great stuff with the Batman Trilogy to get superheroes respect would now be for naught because of this turd fest or how Marvel the brand who made superheroes fun and earned respect for superhero movies would now be tainted because of this FF reboot.

I heard people saying at the end of the movie saying how they want their money back.

Damn it I want my money back.

This is an insult to Jack Kirby and Stan Lee`s vision.

Marvel should sue.

This will go down as the movie that started the beginning of the superhero hype movie bubble to be popped.

Mainstream will not take superhero movies seriously again for a long time.

This FF movie has opened the door.

It's.

Just.

A.

Movie.

Relax.

And.

Take.

A.

Chill.

Pill.

We were typing at the same time

My daughter says "chillax"

Sometimes, us older guys just need to sit on the front porch and yell at the neighborhood kids.

This will go down as the movie that started the beginning of the superhero hype movie bubble to be popped.

I don't think it will end the genre. Maybe it'll just mean the end of any interest in developing the property for celluloid again. Sometimes, I read Batman & Robin ended the superhero genre, yet during the time frame MiB, Mystery Men, Blade, X-Men, etc were being released.

Fantastic Four will be the movie that causes the superhero hype movie bubble to pop.

Every once in a while I see bad superhero movies that were either boring or ridiculous, but here with this Fantastic Four movie it goes much beyond that. Here we have a movie that totally disgusted me.

Like the rest of my fellow comic book brothers and sisters I didn`t want to believe the critics that this movie was bad. I wanted to believe that those critics didn`t get it. So I went into the movie theatre last night determined to enjoy this movie.

It starts out actually good for the first 10 minutes or so. Wow, I’m saying the critics are wrong, than it quickly starts to unravel. I realize that this is totally nothing like the Fantastic Four I had grown up on.

Reed Richards, Sue Storm,Human Torch, and the Thing in this movie are not the family vision that Jack Kirby and Stan Lee inspired, but a totally dysfunctional unit who don`t belong as a family together.

The Thing is definitely not Jack Kirby`s vision, and is even worse than the Mike Chiklis version.

Let`s get this out of the way first. I loved Michael B. Jordan in Fruitvale Station, but he comes off as a totally obnoxious unlikeable Johnny Storm, so enough with well at least Michael B.Jordan gave a good performance talk. No, his performance wasn`t good. He sucked as Johnny Storm. Of the Fantastic Four members he gave the worst performance. Think of Chris Rock playing Johnny Storm.

Not the worst performance of the movie, as that goes to Toby Kebbell who played Doctor Doom. What a joke he was. I laughed at certain scenes. He reminded me of a Power Rangers villain!

If you want to say any of the members who gave a good performance than I go with Kate Mara who played the Invisible Woman, but let`s not kid ourselves as I am only giving her kudos because I`m trying find one positive in this mess.

Speaking of messes lets now talk about the CGI effects. These CGI effects would be state of the art if this was 1995, but unfortunately this isn`t 1995.

Now as to why I found this movie disgusting is never in my life did I want to walk out on a movie three times during it`s showing. I could hear the audience laughing at this movie. Saying super heroes were dumb and lame. All I kept thinking was how Nolan did all this great stuff with the Batman Trilogy to get superheroes respect would now be for naught because of this turd fest or how Marvel the brand who made superheroes fun and earned respect for superhero movies would now be tainted because of this FF reboot.

I heard people saying at the end of the movie saying how they want their money back.

Marvel should sue.

Hollywood will not listen to " the comic book nerds". This is another good example of the refusal to give a little respect to any comic book movie. We know what's good. If a comic book film happens to be good it was just a coincidence.

I do find it a little sad and even antagonizing that the cornerstone of the Marvel universe, a story line that has been around for over 50 years, is not getting any respect. They would prefer to unsuccessfully indulge the masses.

Just follow the original! It is that simple Hollywood! doh!

Example: It worked with Captain America

burst-bubble-animated-gif.gif

Uh-oh, If Angry Joe is to believed John Q Movie goer genuinely confused this with a MCU production with questions like "where do the infinity gems come into this". doh!

Will see how much money you will be owing me with those movie bets.

Looking good on my part.

Marvel should sue.

Hollywood will not listen to " the comic book nerds". This is another good example of the refusal to give a little respect to any comic book movie. We know what's good. If a comic book film happens to be good it was just a coincidence.

I do find it a little sad and even antagonizing that the cornerstone of the Marvel universe, a story line that has been around for over 50 years, is not getting any respect. They would prefer to unsuccessfully indulge the masses.

Just follow the original! It is that simple Hollywood! doh!

Example: It worked with Captain America

They wanted to PC it as well.

The PC apologists kept defending it.

Saying how great all the changes will be to make it modern.

They had Sue Storm being from Russia in this movie!

Yep. Change is good!

:screwy:

AoU did that already. :devil:

I don't think enough people saw the film for the hype to die down. I think the bad reviews did us all a favour.

It was sold out at my theatre.

We got the last three tickets to see this turdfest.

As my brother in law said we`re going to see a movie that got a 9% rating,while across the hall Mission Impossible got a 93%!

Yeah,that makes sense.

:)

I don't think enough people saw the film for the hype to die down. I think the bad reviews did us all a favour.

It was sold out at my theatre.

We got the last three tickets to see this turdfest.

As my brother in law said we`re going to see a movie that got a 9% rating,while across the hall Mission Impossible got a 93%!

Yeah,that makes sense.

:)

You should seriously watch the Angry Joe vid I linked to, he has many od the same complaints you did. :baiting:

Will see how much money you will be owing me with those movie bets.

Looking good on my part.

I'm sure after batman/superman, deadpool and civil war you'll post another thread claiming the movie bubble is bigger and better than ever