• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

the "mashed-up multiple characters in one with a cool new suit" craze is ABOUT TO BLOW UP!

Get in now before the prices explode!

I recommend this guy!

B11D0057-F55F-4B61-B886-0AF46BCB9349_zpshzcwsfnv.jpg

Dark Claw? Sounds awesome!!!! Just look at how cool he looks! I bet the story is going to be groundbreaking and an instant classic! Get yours now before he gets a back up story in squirrel girl, before getting his own #1 first issue collectors item Holiday special! RUN to your LCS and buy now!!!

The more I think about it, the more Gwenpool feels like she could potentially be Marvel's Harley Quinn. If she ends up half as popular then Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #2 Gwen Variant is going to be one hot book.

Exactly.

Why complain about content on the CGC boards?

This will be FREE money if you use your particular skill set to buy nice copies, go to a show to solicit a FREE autograph, slab, repeat.

You're witnessing a grass roots movement on a character.

You don't have to like the character.

Just pocket a little coin.

I'm going to.

( the last Gwen-pool cover I sold was $50 )

The more I think about it, the more Gwenpool feels like she could potentially be Marvel's Harley Quinn. If she ends up half as popular then Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #2 Gwen Variant is going to be one hot book.

I picked up only one from the stack they had when they were cover-priced at the LCS.

I was going to buy a couple more but the cover just looked so stupid (I guess it ended up being a mirror instead). doh!:tonofbricks:

I picked up only one from the stack they had when they were cover-priced at the LCS.

I was going to buy a couple more but the cover just looked so stupid (I guess it ended up being a mirror instead). doh!:tonofbricks:

Luckily I blind preordered 6 just based on the name otherwise I probably would have passed all together. (thumbs u

:signfunny:

:roflmao:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. All this negativity sounds like complaining from children.

This is a forum where comics are discussed. It's not a feel good and only say super dooper nice things sort of place. Maybe you're the child, and you can't handle other people expressing their own opinions.

....but anyhow, this book/character idea is stupid. If you dig it, maybe you have awful taste. But that's ok....someones gotta buy the junk :)

I love Gwen Stacey (PP's true love), I love Deadpool I'm allowed to HATE the idea of Gwenpool.

Its not only my perogative as a long tim fan of both characters, but something I stand firmly behind.

Honestly I know some will disagree but this Gwen-mania is a flash the plan, thanks in LARGE part due to Emma Stone's transcendent perfeormance in the Webb movies.

Sorry to burst your bubble. That being said I have every Gwen variant just in case.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. All this negativity sounds like complaining from children.

This is a forum where comics are discussed. It's not a feel good and only say super dooper nice things sort of place. Maybe you're the child, and you can't handle other people expressing their own opinions.

....but anyhow, this book/character idea is stupid. If you dig it, maybe you have awful taste. But that's ok....someones gotta buy the junk :)

giphy.gif

We're all adults and fans here, sorry if your flavor of the month is not everyones cup of tea. Your post is the one that's coming off juvenile.

I'd also like to poitn out that the reason Spider-Gwen works is because it makes a hell of a lot of sense of Gwen to be spider powered, and she has the supporting cast we all know.

Can anyone logically explain to me, why and how Gwen is going to get a healing factor, enter Weaon X, and go from a sweet girl next door to an individual_without_enough_empathy merc with a mouth?

This reaks of Ike Perlmutter.

I'd also like to poitn out that the reason Spider-Gwen works is because it makes a hell of a lot of sense of Gwen to be spider powered, and she has the supporting cast we all know.

Can anyone logically explain to me, why and how Gwen is going to get a healing factor, enter Weaon X, and go from a sweet girl next door to an individual_without_enough_empathy merc with a mouth?

It's a tragic tale...see Gwen is a mutant with the ability to come back from the dead (she has to die for the healing power to work-think Jesus). So Gwen awoke buried alive and had to claw herself out of her grave. The experience left her slightly insane which led her down the mercenary path.

She became fixated on Deadpool because his costume reminded her of some super powered figure from her past but she can't quite remember who.

It's a tragic tale...see Gwen is a mutant with the ability to come back from the dead (she has to die for the healing power to work-think Jesus). So Gwen awoke buried alive and had to claw herself out of her grave. The experience left her slightly insane which led her down the mercenary path.

She became fixated on Deadpool because his costume reminded her of some super powered figure from her past but she can't quite remember who.

....I haven't read it, and I'm sure that I never will read it. So I'm not sure if you were serious about the description of the GwenPool story, or if that was a clever idea of your own design?

I've bought into a lot of silly comic ideas over the years....but this Gwen Mania thing isn't going to be on that checklist :)