CGC Label Update request
1 1

33 posts in this topic

180 posts

Why not just email them your request for a label update?  Or if you do send the book in, add some documentation stating your case....or you could just keep posting with no responses. (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452 posts
20 minutes ago, If It's Key It's For Me said:

How do you know they weren't dealt with? I bet CGC looked at those and felt that most of them were ridiculous fanboy requests that should be ignored.

Because I checked the census and they weren't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452 posts
4 hours ago, If It's Key It's For Me said:

doh! I'm saying CGC dealt with these requests by considering them, decided they were dumb requests, and ignored them all.

Most of the requests before the Mod reply were dealt with ~ After the reply almost virtually zero (if not zero) doh!

Edited by Bart Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,337 posts
On 2/3/2019 at 1:36 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

How do you guys expect CGC to get any work done, like actually grading comics, with your endless stream of requests ? It's been over 3 years since they've addressed this thread. I wouldn't expect much. Sorry, just calling it as I see it.  

Isn't the notation on the label part of what people are paying for? I believe it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,648 posts
28 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Isn't the notation on the label part of what people are paying for? I believe it is.

I believe certain notations on the label are indeed part of the service but I doubt they feel any obligation to even attempt to keep up with all the crazy requests coming from this thread. I highly doubt they find time to read and keep up on all the new material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,337 posts
8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I believe certain notations on the label are indeed part of the service but I doubt they feel any obligation to even attempt to keep up with all the crazy requests coming from this thread. I highly doubt they find time to read and keep up on all the new material. 

I don't think they did in the past. There are enough labels that are wrong to prove that. But they have set a precedence, and let's face it, a business in graded Modern's around what the label says. When do you decide what's important and what's not? Say a character gets hot in 5 years and then they start labeling it. There will be 5 years of books that don't have it on the label.

Look at the amount of information on a Golden Age book. There is not near the same amount with Modern's. They label "Joker Cover"s. Yes, I can see Joker is on the cover of the book I'm holding, ha.

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,648 posts
2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I don't think they did in the past. There are enough labels that are wrong to prove that. But they have set a precedence, and let's face it, a business in graded Modern's around what the label says. When do you decide what's important and what's not. Say a character gets hot in 5 years and then they start labeling it. There will be 5 years of books that don't have it on the label.

Look at the amount of information on a Golden Age book. There is not near the same amount with Modern's. They label "Joker Cover"s. Yes, I can see Joker is on the cover of the book I'm holding, ha.

I agree with everthing you said here. Even if CGC had someone who stayed on top of the content, they would probably not be able to keep up and get it on on the label in a timely manner. When CGC started, hardly anyone submitted Moderns, and this was not a problem. So what's the answer, what's the solution  ? I think maybe CGC has simply given up. If they get enough requests or a character gets hot, they will adjust the label. But to try and oblige every request listed here, I think not. (shrug) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,448 posts
On 2/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I agree with everthing you said here. Even if CGC had someone who stayed on top of the content, they would probably not be able to keep up and get it on on the label in a timely manner. When CGC started, hardly anyone submitted Moderns, and this was not a problem. So what's the answer, what's the solution  ? I think maybe CGC has simply given up. If they get enough requests or a character gets hot, they will adjust the label. But to try and oblige every request listed here, I think not. (shrug) 

Give me access to the label database...I'll clean it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352 posts
On 1/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, Bree said:

I've passed the information on to the graders and will let you know if the ASM 800 gets updated. 

Any update on this, @Bree?  Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74 posts

No, unfortunately label request do take some time to look into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53,524 posts
On 2/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Give me access to the label database...I'll clean it up

You n' me both. I'd even do it for grading credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
741 posts

contact CGC customer service 3 weeks before I summit by books- was ask to send picture and info about my request I did so waited 1 week re-email CGC was told to go ahead send my books and the graders will update labels!!!! books were slab with no updates. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452 posts
On 2/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, Bree said:

No, unfortunately label request do take some time to look into. 

Bree, I just wish to submit a correct to my initial request (I do apologise)

Briggs Land #1 (correction to original submission)

1st appearance of Grace, Abbie, Jim and Caleb Briggs (I believe this might be the correct submission, as with the others on the list).

Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld #1

1st appearance of Herb Winston, Marion Winston, and Lord and Lady Amethyst. 1st Amethyst cover. Origin of Amethyst.

Marvelman #31

7th appearance of Marvelman.

Issue Date: 3/54; Year: 1954; Publisher: L. Miller & Son Ltd; Country: United Kingdom; Art Comments: Mick Anglo story, art and cover.

Young Marvelman #57

Origin and 1st appearance of Young Nastyman

Issue Date: 9/54; Year: 1954; Publisher: L. Miller & Son Ltd; Country: United Kingdom; Art Comments: Mick Anglo story, George Parlett art and cover.

There's hardly anything in the database on the key comics of Miracleman (later Marvelman) which I may submit in the future, if that's ok with you, Bree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1