• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Greg Cicchetti aka ChicksCosmiComics AKA VW Clobberin Th

829 posts in this topic

Book arrived - super fast! - To everyone that participated in managing this event (listings, payment accounting, book donations, shipping, emails, etc.) awesome job to everyone. To Dorthy, so very sorry for your loss. From all the messages here, and the pics, Greg seemed like an outstanding and awesome person. God bless you, and best regards. - Geoff

Received the 1 book that was from Greg aready.........great job Junk

Opening that book another arrived from Ed Owens.....woot 2 in 1 day

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of something so great

Amazing Spider-Man 122 Cgc 7.0 White pages Death of the Green Goblin, The back of the slab has a Metropolis sticker. 200.00 shipped in the USA and Canada. All funds to Dorothy.

ASM122L001.jpg

Price reduced to 175.00 shipped in the USA and Canada.

Update on what is left please!!
+1

UPDATED LIST OF AVAILABLE BOOKS

page 1

. Walking Dead Skybound 5th Anniversary Edition #1 - $100 shipped US (International is cost minus $10)

. Gambit #1,2,3 - $10 shipped US (International shipping at cost, but all money goes to Greg's family)

page 4

. Pedro's Stuff!!!! Statues, HCs, TPBs, Bad Girl comics, more- $$ Varies link

Recap from my booth

The Hulk : The End TPB $10

Captain America : War & Rememberance TPB $15

Immortal Iron Fist Hardcover $15

Planet Hulk Hardcover $30

Batman : Black & White Hardcover $45

Silver Age Art of Comics TPB $25

Marvel Encyclopedia Hardcover $30

WitchBlade lot $ 3.00 each

Darkchydle 1 $3.00

Red Star 1 $3.00

Transformer 1 $3.00

Countdown to Infinite Crisis 1 $3.00

Giant Size X-Static 1 $3.00

X-Static 2 $3.00

Earth X 10 $3.00

Catwoman Defiant Prestige format $3.00

X Men 102 $3.00

Uncanny X Men 334 $3.00

Uncanny X Men 373 $3.00

Uncanny X Men 338 $3.00

Fantastic Four 157 $3.00

Liberty Meadows 1 $3.00

Liberty Meadows : Wedding Album $3.00

Fathom 4 $3.00

Girls 1 Dynamic Force $3.00

Xtreme X Men 1 $3.00

Strangers in Paradise 10 $3.00

Darkchydle Legacy 1 $3.00

Painkiller Jane/Darkchylde 1 $3.00

Darkchylde 1 Con Exclusive 1 $3.00

Soulfire : Zero $3.00

Tomb Raider/Witchblade 1 $3.00

Daredevil 224 $3.00

Daredevil 224 $3.00

Daredevil 226 $3.00

Items sold:

jop

Hulk 244 $3.00

Hulk 257 $3.00

Hulk 242 $3.00

Hulk 254 $3.00

Hulk 264 $3,00

Hulk 319 $3.00

highradart

Liberty meadows wedding album

Liverty meadows 23

Witchblade green cover DF

see page 4 for pics of the stuff avaiable. Still great comics at cheap prices gang, 100% of the sale towards the fund!

regards

page 5

. Archer and Armstrong #1-26 set - $50 shipped US (Canada shipping for $10)

page 15

. Batman Kneeling Rose Art (14”x17”) - $150 $110 Shipped US

page 28

. Batman Hush Double Feature #nn CGC 9.8 SS (3x Signed by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee, Alex Sinclair - $150 shipped US ($10 towards international shipping)

page 70

. Assorted (Awesome) Books offered by comicalgems link

Looks like I just picked up some books from myself...awesome deal.

So why not sell some here...shipped in US covered, we may need to talk about if outside the US. All payments for the below items to be sent to Dorothy Cicchetti.

Marvel Premiere 47, paid $650 on the boards for it right before the movie. So I'll ask for the same price for Dorothy.

AntManFront_zpsba12gxhe.jpg

AntManBack_zps1ahwm6iv.jpg

$65 shipped for this Star Wars 1 :news: sold to Meeklo

Star%20Wars%201%20A_zpskxprh8cb.jpg

$100 for this Star Wars 1

Star%20Wars%201%20B_zps7d315mo1.jpg

$50 for Daredevil 111

DD111_zpszln0cmhq.jpg

Green Lantern 9 $75

Sinestro_zps0qjqz6ex.jpg

Fantastic Four 45 $150

Inhumans_zps3sjgpntt.jpg

Carnage related ASM books for $50.

asm345_zpsqmr5ag1v.jpg

asm361_zpsojdeftpi.jpg

asm362_zpswkkshb9r.jpg

asm363_zpsgy1vv6de.jpg

page 73

. Instant Dave Stevens Collection donated by Shark – $160 $140 $100 link

How about an instant Dave Stevens collection for the cause? Here's a total of 32 books with Dave Stevens front covers, back covers or Rocketeer stories in them. These aren't 9.6/9.8 copies but they are mostly nice 9.0/9.4 copies. Let's say $160 for the whole lot which averages out to $5 per book. I'll cover shipping in the USA and will only ship international if you're willing to cover the shipping cost minus say $10.00. Paypal your payment directly to Dorothy. (thumbs u

IMG_20150929_130208479_zpszkvirnmu.jpg

IMG_20150929_130452998_zpsktdy1ipu.jpg

Currently, all purchases have been paid for. The Total is $28,867.50 less the shipping Charges for Greg's books, so it's going to be around $28k.

If I have time, I'll update the spread sheet to reflect the shipping charges, but it won't be for a few weeks.

Thank you all very much! you are all amazing!

Amazing Spider-Man 122 Cgc 7.0 White pages Death of the Green Goblin, The back of the slab has a Metropolis sticker. 200.00 shipped in the USA and Canada. All funds to Dorothy.

ASM122L001.jpg

:takeit:

ASM122L001.jpg

:takeit:

^^

:foryou:

Just to clarify as there's been a lot of PM chatter inquiring, Greg and I were in the middle of a fairly large deal when he passed. My posts here were to help recover funds he had paid towards that deal and to raise funds above that mark. This has been done with my :takeit: post as I was able to come up with funds on my own. So please do not feel the need to throw kudos out at me as this was more or less the sale of books to recover funds he had spent. Everything I still have posted here for sale is still available should you want to purchase and funds go directly to Dorothy.

Just to clarify as there's been a lot of PM chatter inquiring, Greg and I were in the middle of a fairly large deal when he passed. My posts here were to help recover funds he had paid towards that deal and to raise funds above that mark. This has been done with my :takeit: post as I was able to come up with funds on my own. So please do not feel the need to throw kudos out at me as this was more or less the sale of books to recover funds he had spent. Everything I still have posted here for sale is still available should you want to purchase and funds go directly to Dorothy.

Thanks for clarifying!

So the total actually raised is approx. $23k, after taking off the repayment by Comicalgems and deducting the money for shipping.

Fantastic Job everyone!

I'm going to close this for now, although if anyone wants Dorothy's PP address, I will gladly provide it.

Thank you all.

:applause:

That's awesome. I'm glad you found a way to refund Dorothy back the cash Greg had paid you. I am sure that's going to help her out. :applause:

:applause:

Everyone here is just awesome. Take care, Dorothy - it's been said before, but I just wanted to say it myself: Greg will be missed.

I miss him every day. Tough coming home after a long day to an empty house. You people are all incredible. Thank you for your generosity, friendship toward my husband and now me and your sense of community.