• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

I'm  at one of my least favorite places right now, Walmart.  Parking lot holds like 500 freaking cars and I'm circling around 3 times trying to find a decent spot.

Wally World could very well be the most dangerous place to go today. Picked up a copy of Wind Runner and got the heck out of there in self-checkout. Definitely a busy shopping day. Won't be surprised if there is a news story on it tomorrow.

That's why when things settle back down (pre-Thanksgiving, school vacations, etc,) folks will visit the movies more. From where I live, I can't see that happening this weekend.

By the way, for those that appreciated this movie and also enjoy collecting LEGO kits, there is a small Aquaman set that hardly takes up much shelf space.

I7st2do.jpg

Motherbox, parademon and all. The wings are a soft plastic you clip on the back. And the small white caps glow in the dark. So your kids will probably get a kick out of that.

We went with friends to the early show (5:30), it was playing in 8 of 10 rooms in the theater complex, all were packed. They had them starting every 1/2 hour.

The room we were in was fairly large, people were laughing and cheering! 

I thought it was fine, I would have liked it a little bit longer (which is unusual, I usually want them shorter). 

My husband and the other couple both said it was pretty good. Not quite as good as Wonder Woman, but they liked it.  The other couple knows nothing about comics. My husband pretends to know a little. 

When we started out our friends said it only got 1.5 stars, but they were going anyway, because you can't believe the critics.

BTW, stay till the very end of the credits!  There is a surprise.

Edited by skypinkblu

Just got back and both my wife and I really liked it.  Like skypinkblu said I actually wish it was longer, it did fly by.  Some really kick azz moments.  The cgi didn't bother me at all although it was noticeable.   All I can say is I went to be entertained and it easily did that for me.  

Edited by DiamondCityComics

13 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

FYI I forgot to mention my wife loved it as much as Wonder Woman. I think having Cavill shirtless had something to do with it 

Actually, Jason Momoa (sp?) looked even better...and did not think Batman looked at ALL sad to be in the movie...Afleck is a great Batman.

Don't remember who said that.

Gail Gadot is fantastic and I was worried about her being WW in the beginning.  I even liked the dumb Flash jokes and Cyborg, who is really a little too new for me, was great.

I was pleasantly surprised. It really packs a wallop. I was worried after all the critical reviews that there was too much missing and it was too fast paced, but I think it all went together pretty well. The character development was plausible. Their commitment and relationships to one another and their chemistry together grew right before our eyes. There were many touching moments that I thought were well written and well played. This is probably the best rendition of Superman on the big screen I've seen. I couldn't help but think to myself "they finally got Supes right"! Actually. it seems to me they got the whole Justice League right. For this movie at least, it worked that so much was thrown into it. No small feat, but I liked it.

I think this is interesting. 

The Tomatometer is a paltry 39% but the audience gave it 86 %

TOMATOMETER 

39%
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 234
Fresh: 92
Rotten: 142

Critics Consensus: Justice League leaps over a number of DC movies, but its single bound isn't enough to shed the murky aesthetic, thin characters, and chaotic action that continue to dog the franchise.

AUDIENCE SCORE 

Average Rating: 4.3/5
User Ratings: 97,139

Saw with my teenage son tonight and we both enjoyed it. 

As an 80s Marvel fan I have no love for JLA. TT yes, but not JLA. This movie was well above average. I will list some nitpicks at the end. Flash and Superman steal the show I think. There is a little scene were Superman just looks at Flash while he is running at him was fantastic. They get all the little things right. The injected humor most of the time was great. I loved it at the end with Cyborg and Superman laughing. The villain was much better then Ares, but is a setup for the next villain who will be much worse. The chemistry between them I thought was better then average. Wonder Woman as usual looked and acted fantastic. (Those scenes in civilian clothes just wow. <3)

Nitpicks
The CGI with Aquaman at the beginning was terrible and so was the corn scene later with Superman. I would have liked more with Mera, but I did like her scenes. 

58 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I think this is interesting. 

The Tomatometer is a paltry 39% but the audience gave it 86%

It's really simple.

If the Justice League chased a red balloon around Paris the Tomatometer would given it 86% and the audience would have scored it at 39%. Same deal if the they opened up a chocolate shop in an eclectic neighborhood.