• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell or trade a comic and regret it right away?
1 1

91 posts in this topic

I almost did that today. I actually photographed and researched a price and wrote out the thread to sell my complete X-O Manowar series (current). The problem was that I realized how much I enjoy reading that as it comes out each month.

I didn't click the submit thread, deleted the page instead and came here to tell about it.

Almost a year later...

Ha - I actually wound up selling the X-O set. Somehow I did indeed get over it.

I gave away my lower grade Avengers 1 as part of a very large and over the top boards xmas exchange....guess I was feeling very generous as I'd only paid $50 for it years before, it's only hit me how after the avengers movie I'd now have to pay a ton to get another copy, and I've yet to do that. I did pick up a restored 4.5 but immediately sold it for an to another boardie that was looking for it for a friend at my cost.

I also sold my superman 2 to a boardie for the price I paid which was quite good. He has had it conserved and I'm sure is treating it right though so no real "reg-er-ts" on that one. It would easily cost me 4-6 x the money to get it back now.

Some day I'll buy a higher grade copy of both of these issues and any pain will be released :sumo:

I do regret selling my low grade Headline 8 Hitler cover and my Action 28 that was probably a 9.0 in pre cgc days.

I traded my X-men 100, New xmen vs old xmen! which was high grade for a beaten up copy of xmen 19 (poor) and a nm copy of the 1st jim lee xmen comic.

Xmen 100 was my prize at that time. I didn't have a lot of money for comics.

On the plus side...anyone see the recent prices of Xfactor 6, first Apocalypse..kerrrr-ash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was the movie really that bad?

That reminds me of the feel I get when I realize I missed an auction for something ridiculously rare that sold cheap, like the Angry Youth Comix #1 that sold for $20 on eBay. Made me feel sick. Sometimes I let the hunt stress me out way too much

If it is the #1 fanzine... Yes. That one hurt.

For what it's worth... I believe the owner of that book is on the boards- Brother J

He's been known to sell stuff from time to time.

Black Lightning #1 & #2 VF/VFNM sold Dec 2015 for $12.

Buyer even said in his feedback "This one is going to be big!"

That's about as close as I ever got to regretting a sale :cool:

Great topic, sad to say it was the one that provides my avatar, More Fun Comics #71, CGC 6.0 unrestored, sold it at the same time with a golden age Green Lantern 3 same grade.  You know how some people say they have no regrets?  I'm not one of those people.  At the time I sold them I knew they were rare in decent, unrestored grade.  Ah, stupidity...

5ad142bc-4fe2-42aa-a92f-8edbbfa44caf.jpg

780745.jpg

There have been several .......... a PLANET 71 is probably at the top of the list...... I had just listed it in a sales thread and thought, "WTF ?" .....when I went to pull it, it had already sold:pullhair: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Saga 1. Had been selling copies early $10-20 while on the rise. Hit $35 a pop and i blew my last 10 out here for $300 for the lot. Was pretty pleased with myself. By the time the media mail package got to the buyer they were $100+ raw.

Despite the price surges in the last years (they are connected with the zero interest rates and that cannot last forever)  I am still convinced they will come down eventually. Because new collectors dont come in any near the numbers oldtimers drop out. 

I bought a raw VF+ ASM 129, had it pressed and slabbed, got a 9.2, and sold it because, you know, profit. I had a Hulk 181 that went from a 5.5 universal slab to a press and resub at 7.5. Couldn't resist the holla dolla bills and sold that, too. Now I own no copies of either and, of course, the price just climbs. And I bought a BB 54 7.5 universal maybe three years ago for $250.00 from MCS. Man, wish I had that back, too.

30 Days of Night 1 Spiral Edition

Sold it on the boards years ago. (Bought on the boards even earlier)

I wish I had it back.  (Impossible book to find)

Action 252 , I sent in to get graded in 2008.  Came back 5.5

Solid for 550 on Clink that year.   550 is no longer near the going rate for 5.5  :(

Edited by CJ1970

7 hours ago, CJ1970 said:

30 Days of Night 1 Spiral Edition

Sold it on the boards years ago. (Bought on the boards even earlier)

I wish I had it back.  (Impossible book to find)

Action 252 , I sent in to get graded in 2008.  Came back 5.5

Solid for 550 on Clink that year.   550 is no longer near the going rate for 5.5  :(

Yeah don't think I will be selling my spiralbound copy anytime soon.