New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,260 posts in this topic

23,863 posts
3 hours ago, Nexus said:

I'd like to thank all of you who have followed and enjoyed the podcast for the past three years. For now, the show is going on hiatus. I do hope to be back soon (on perhaps a less regular schedule), so keep watching! Until then, wishing everyone the best and happy collecting!

what the what!

23,863 posts
Posted (edited)

Agreed.   And thanks for the 30 episodes so far Felix, they are wonderful but as you said real life takes priority.    Here’s hoping there are more one day

Edited by Bronty

44 posts
Posted (edited)

Take your time Felix, we will be here when you return. I think your knowledge, enthusiasm and playfulness make your guests feel at ease and results in a warm free flowing conversations the pulls us all in and makes us feel like we are sitting right beside y'all... I feel like many of your guests are friends that I haven't met yet. So thanks for putting in the time and effort to pull all these shows together!

Edited by gumbydarnit

983 posts
3 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

So...

Who's next...??

20180501_145311.png

I always got the impression that Carbonarro thought himself to be the second coming of Steve Tyler.

3,665 posts
Posted (edited)

Just to clarify something from the podcast as I was at the NJ show and was sitting down with Conrad after he showed up and was looking through his portfolios as well.  I think that was actually his last 'public' appearance and it was good to see him.  In any event, he did not have a page from Avengers #4.  He had a tremendous page from Avengers #3 where the Hulk was trying to pry the hammer from Thor.  Everything that Conrad had in his portfolio was OA that he had had for years.  I don't recall anything new.  But Conrad was ecstatic to see his prognostications of Kirby OA becoming so valuable coming true and his pricing on his pages reflected that.

Edited by dem1138

23,863 posts

When was the meeting with Conrad if you don't mind me asking?  

3,665 posts
1 minute ago, Bronty said:

When was the meeting with Conrad if you don't mind me asking?  

There was no meeting - as described in the podcast, this was at one of the NJ OA shows several years ago.  I can't recall if Conrad ever set up at those shows but due to his illness, he was certainly absent for a few years.  Anyway, at one of those shows Conrad just showed up but he never even went into the con room.  He stayed outside and pretty much held court in a chair.  People attending the show came out to see him and lots of people were looking through his portfolios as whatever he brought was available for sale.  I don't know if he actually sold anything but it was great to see some of those pages one last time.

23,863 posts
Posted (edited)

OK, so when was this?   5 years ago maybe?   Just curious as he's got some stuff I like ;)   I made him a good offer once on a kirby story but we couldn't quite get it done.    Actually twice, come to think of it.

Edited by Bronty

3,665 posts
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bronty said:

OK, so when was this?   5 years ago maybe?   Just curious as he's got some stuff I like ;)   I made him a good offer once on a kirby story but we couldn't quite get it done.    Actually twice, come to think of it.

My memory for that stuff is not great but sure, 5 years ago would make sense.  Maybe someone here will PM you his information but I think he's very low key these days. I'd also imagine that if he still has it, the price has gone up. :/

Edited by dem1138

23,863 posts
Just now, dem1138 said:

the price has gone up. :P

thanks.I know :(   

5,308 posts

The hiatus was short-lived! The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=34

Or, at least, a new version of it. I'll no longer be hosting every episode. But friends have offered to keep the show alive in my absence, by providing content for future episodes. I'm so very grateful for their help...thanks guys.

This episode features the intrepid Yams moderating a chat between two of our superstar talents, Skottie Young and Paul Pope. Hear what artists look for in art they collect, who they count amongst their influences, their grail pieces, and more! Original art appreciation and collecting from the perspective of artists...listen and learn!

Our website is www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list to get the scoop on the best in modern comic art. Leave a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

23,863 posts
Posted (edited)

Rejoice in the streets!!!!!

thanks Felix (and thanks to your helpful friends!!    The podcast is great.

Edited by Bronty

23,863 posts

Sorry to hear about the family matter Felix.   Hope it works out for the best :sorry:

2,081 posts
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Nexus said:

The hiatus was short-lived! The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=34

Or, at least, a new version of it. I'll no longer be hosting every episode. But friends have offered to keep the show alive in my absence, by providing content for future episodes. I'm so very grateful for their help...thanks guys.

This episode features the intrepid Yams moderating a chat between two of our superstar talents, Skottie Young and Paul Pope. Hear what artists look for in art they collect, who they count amongst their influences, their grail pieces, and more! Original art appreciation and collecting from the perspective of artists...listen and learn!

Our website is www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list to get the scoop on the best in modern comic art. Leave a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

:whee::banana::bigsmile:

Thank you Felix

384 posts

A huge thanks to everyone involved an all who are helping out!

7,490 posts
On 5/18/2018 at 6:13 PM, Bronty said:

I sold at that comic art con,I would guess it was ten years ago, and was set up across from Conrad. He laid under his table most of the time which meant that I got to stare at his stuff all day. I think it was certainly more than 5 years though.