• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destruction of the Innocent. Suggestions?

33 posts in this topic

Happy Holidays, whatever it is you celebrate. And if you don't celebrate anything, hey that's cool too. Best wishes.

I've ended up with a really inexpensive and incomplete copy of the first print of Seduction of the Innocent, and I've decided to do something fun with it. I'm going to destroy it.

I wouldn't do this with a complete first print, but I have no qualms about doing it with a first print that's already missing pages and has been re-bound.

First, I'll take it apart, and store individual pages of it with my collection. For example, the page that mentions Brenda Starr v2#4 I'll put inside the Mylar for my... you guessed it, Brenda Starr v2#4. And so on.

I haven't yet decided what to do with some of the other fun pages, like the title page. Suggestions are welcome.

In the end, I'll have a bunch of pages that have no comic book references at all. Any suggestions for what should be done with those? A bonfire similar to the comic book burnings of the late 40's and early 50's? Stitch them together to make a roll of toilet paper? If you have any ideas for some fun ways to destroy the remains of SOTI, please chime in.

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_01_zpsjmbqvbfq.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_02_zpsbbjxpqx6.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_03_zpsc2z0esg6.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_04_zpskkgzrgfv.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_05_zpsarfvswcn.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_06_zpssddeu2lt.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_07_zpseikstbwj.jpg

SOTI_2015_11_30_copy_1_08_zpsa5zmkfxq.jpg

They must be placed in the fire of Mt Doom. Nothing else can destroy them.