• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good video of someone showing grades of comics?

12 posts in this topic

It would be helpful to me to see someone show closeups of books and their grades on a video. Does anyone have a "go-to" example of someone knowledgeable explaining the various grades with close-ups of books on youtube or wherever?

Not video, but the E-BIGS.net Grading Tool has individual visuals of defects to consider when grading. You can also do the free sign-up with Heritage which provides access to huge front & back cover scans in their archives.

Those two combined with lots of practice should give you a decent sense of things. Good luck. (thumbs u

ETA Nick is the man on YouTube. Super informative videos.

Watching his videos now, they are definitely informative! (thumbs u

ETA Nick is a board member, no?

yes he is - i believe etanick is his handle here -

Love his vids and run through the grading ones from time to time as a refresher.

Not video, but the E-BIGS.net Grading Tool has individual visuals of defects to consider when grading. You can also do the free sign-up with Heritage which provides access to huge front & back cover scans in their archives.

Those two combined with lots of practice should give you a decent sense of things. Good luck. (thumbs u

great resources guys thanks...

I've seen this site before, I like that gives you things to look for - I find their grade algorithm to be out of whack at times.