• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

On 21 September 2017 at 2:38 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

Sheesh, gunshots timed to drumbeats is stupid. Otherwise looks great.

Being a fan of 80s Metallica, I'm conditioned to see that as working perfectly.

The song, 'One', had staccato rhythms in it meant to emulate artillery or gunfire, following on from 'Disposable Heroes' in the previous album, 'Master of Puppets'.

It's also meant to represent a severely traumatised mental state, as with Frank Castle and the former soldier in the song itself.

One of the best super-hero trailers I've ever seen.

Even More Evidence Points To THE PUNISHER's Possible Release Date

Earlier today, a report from Total Film listed Marvel's upcoming sixth Netflix premiere, The Punisher, as having a release date of October 13th, 3 weeks away, which is far sooner than the previously reports indicating the show would premiere in November later this year.

Now it seems, however, that there is even more evidence linking Punisher to an October release, and the source is Netflix itself. Reportedly, this tweet was sent out by the official Netflix Korea account (though it was subsequently deleted), it seems a user was able to get a screenshot of it, and was confirmed by multiple users to be accessible through some mobile devices.

MiXMdrS.png

Among the hashtags the tweet uses, one of them is, roughly translated, October Release.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Being a fan of 80s Metallica, I'm conditioned to see that as working perfectly.

The song, 'One', had staccato rhythms in it meant to emulate artillery or gunfire, following on from 'Disposable Heroes' in the previous album, 'Master of Puppets'.

It's also meant to represent a severely traumatised mental state, as with Frank Castle and the former soldier in the song itself.

One of the best super-hero trailers I've ever seen.

Yeah, I mean I get that, I was a big fan around Master of Puppets and Justice as well. Just thought it was really obvious to take the association Metallica implied through their music and make it so literal. They also milked it a little too hard to where I'm like, "Oh, that's clever", "Okay, we're still doing this with the timing", "Okay, I get it, music, gunfire, let's move on." Just seemed like they went overboard to me to the point where I couldn't really enjoy the action because my eyes were rolling back, but, yeah, it's an obvious crowd pleaser as many that are fans of Punisher are also fans of Metallica and vice versa, especially those of us that grew up when both were in their prime.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Yeah, I mean I get that, I was a big fan around Master of Puppets and Justice as well. Just thought it was really obvious to take the association Metallica implied through their music and make it so literal. They also milked it a little too hard to where I'm like, "Oh, that's clever", "Okay, we're still doing this with the timing", "Okay, I get it, music, gunfire, let's move on." Just seemed like they went overboard to me to the point where I couldn't really enjoy the action because my eyes were rolling back, but, yeah, it's an obvious crowd pleaser as many that are fans of Punisher are also fans of Metallica and vice versa, especially those of us that grew up when both were in their prime.

Yup. That's fair enough.  :smile:

I didn't get from your post that you were that familiar with the music.

I interpret things very literally at times. Definitely in that mode this week.   Possibly why the combination appeals to me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I'm still on the fence.  Love the song pick but the I just don't see a show I've got to see in there.  Killing people can't be the only plot for it to be watchable and a success.  Rooting for it a ton but I'm getting a Jessica Jones vibe where it needs more plot and less brooding.

Edited by 1Cool

'The Punisher' Motion Poster Teases Release Date

the-punisher-netflix-release-date-102612

There is one moment in the motion poster where we can see the number "701" distinctly flashed across the screen; that could be a mirror flip of 107, or "10/7" meaning October 7th.

Why would we jump to the conclusion that a random backwards number equates to a premiere date for the Punisher? Because of what's going to occur on the date "10/7"...

Secret Premiere NYCC

On Saturday, October 7th at 6pm EST, Marvel TV will hold its Punisher panel at New York Comic-Con. While the panel will only run from 5:15 - 6:15pm, there's speculation that Marvel TV will hold a surprise screening of The Puinsher's first episode immediately afterward - and then top that surprise by announcing to fans that they can go out and watch the entire series that very same night. 

:wishluck:

Las Vegas is having them hesitate on appearances, and now the show.

Marvel And Netflix Will Reportedly Delay Launch Of The Punisher

W0XWYTZ.png

The Punisher's big reveal at New York Comic Con has been canceled due to the tragic events in Las Vegas, but Marvel and Netflix might not be stopping there.

A recent report surfaced from Verne Gay of Newsday that says Marvel and Netflix are delaying the show's launch, in addition to the recent removal of the show from New York Comic Con. The report says it is aiming for a release sometime in the late fall and is in direct response to the Las Vegas shooting.

'The Punisher' Netflix Series Release Date Revealed

marvel-the-punisher-netflx-release-date-

Marvel's The Punisher has an official premiere date: you can catch it on Netflix starting on November 17, just in time for the Thanksgiving Holiday!

The Punisher release date was revealed in a brand new trailer (watch it HERE), which stopped toying with fans and finally "declassified" the much-anticipated premiere date.

2 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Will there be cameo's from members of the Defenders (please no Iron Fist - he is terrible)?

lol

Poor Iron Fist.

It is my understanding this takes place after Kingpin releases him on the public. But here is the synopsis that was released in September.

Synopsis For 'The Punisher' Revealed

After exacting revenge on those responsible for the death of his wife and children, Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) uncovers a conspiracy that runs far deeper than New York’s criminal underworld. Now known throughout the city as The Punisher, he must discover the truth about injustices that affect more than his family alone.

After appearing in three different movies over the last 30 years, Frank Castle made his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the second season of Daredevil. After the positive fan response to the popular series, Marvel and Netflix decided to create a new series featuring the character.

In Daredevil, fans learned about a conspiracy and cover-up operation attempting to hide the truth behind the murder of Frank Castle’s family. But the Punisher’s fight against the gangsters who pulled the trigger and the district attorney who ordered the operation lead to the information going public.

By the end of the series, Castle learned that the truth behind the conspiracy may go even further, and while he’s continuing to wage war on criminals he’s also digging deeper to find out why his wife and children were killed.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But once they go to see Justice League first due to it being "fun" and "entertaining."

:baiting:

Honestly, this Punisher series is the first Netflix tv series I have been actually looking forward to since Daredevil season 2. The last few Netflix Marvel shows have underwhelmed me. Here is hoping The Punisher brings back the magic of Daredevil seasons 1 and 2. :wishluck: