• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with X-Force #1?
1 1

255 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why did it sell for +$200(shrug)???  The negative UPC isn't rare.

And don't say because it's in 9.8 condition.  The moment the movie is official a bunch is going to flood the market.

If Spiderman #1 (poly bag) is plentiful in 9.8 condition there's no reason the same can't be said for this book.

***Full disclosure...I placed a bid on it for $158.01 and the winning bid was nearly the same as another "buy it now" auction

Wait just a second. You bid 158.01 and you believe that its not worth 200?

Apparently some people here still think its a common book to have in 9.8, so Im actually shocked that you went as high as 150.00 if that is indeed the case

What am i missing here?

18 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

Some people have convinced other people that these are rare in high grade, some sort of common defect caused by the bagging process or the bag itself or who knows what. But even considering that, there are tens of thousands of 9.8 copies to be had even taking a conservative estimate based on how many copies are out there. It would just be more work to wade through them all, and presumably higher cost if people are buying them raw and still bagged.

So did @AnthonyTheAbyss

Are you suggesting he was was duped by us?

55 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Wait just a second. You bid 158.01 and you believe that its not worth 200?

I don't mind overpaying for something that I want...but there's also a limit to high I'm willing to go.  I just think $200+ is way over priced.  I honestly thought my bid price was going to win it.

I like collecting odd UPC/bar code issues so I pay premiums on most of those books (yes, I'm one of those newsstand collectorslol).

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Had to edit my edit

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

Apparently @AnthonyTheAbyss also seems to think its not a common book to have in 9.8 if he was willing to spend 150+ on it

I personally do not know if it is or isn't rare in high grade, but I do know there were enough issues printed to mean it shouldn't matter just based purely on what we all know about the book's proliferation of copies.

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I just passed on 10 NM copies of X-force 1 2nd print for $1 each.  Do I need to just hold my nose and go back and 
buy them?

Yes, and promote them as the scarce, low print run Variant gold cover at $20 each raw. Liefeld is King :foryou: again. 

On 12/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, fastballspecial said:

I just passed on 10 NM copies of X-force 1 2nd print for $1 each. I just cant bring myself to buy 
them no matter what these results are showing. Do I need to just hold my nose and go back and 
buy them?

They only sell in slabbed 9.8 really. I've been checking all the ones I see now. Haven't found one I think is worthy of grading yet.

7 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

:gossip:Sealed . . .:facepalm:

Seller Notes: X-Force #1 NM/MINT 9.8 Still in Polybag! Complete and sealed with a DEADPOOL CARD! This is actually the SECOND APPEARANCE of DEADPOOL only three months after New Mutants #98!! This is a "more RARE" DEADPOOL appearance as, back when this book came out, there were SIX CARDS produced for these polybagged books... but each issue only contained ONE card sealed in with each polybag! This one comes with the RARE Deadpool Card in this first issue!! Not many of these around. The First X-Force Issue EVER, starring CABLE, WARPATH, DOMINO, CANNONBALL, and Shatterstar by Rob Leifeld. The X-Force movie is coming!... ad well as the upcoming DEADPOOL II Movie! Please take a look at my MANY Punisher, Showcase, Black Panther, Batman, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, Spider-Man, Adventure Comics, Thor, Superman, X-Men, Wonder Woman, Luke Cage, Flash, Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet & Shazam! offerings up right now and combine bids to save on shipping.

Wow! What a freakin' huckster! lol

Edited by divad

7 hours ago, divad said:

:gossip:Sealed . . .:facepalm:

Seller Notes: X-Force #1 NM/MINT 9.8 Still in Polybag! Complete and sealed with a DEADPOOL CARD! This is actually the SECOND APPEARANCE of DEADPOOL only three months after New Mutants #98!! This is a "more RARE" DEADPOOL appearance as, back when this book came out, there were SIX CARDS produced for these polybagged books... but each issue only contained ONE card sealed in with each polybag! This one comes with the RARE Deadpool Card in this first issue!! Not many of these around. The First X-Force Issue EVER, starring CABLE, WARPATH, DOMINO, CANNONBALL, and Shatterstar by Rob Leifeld. The X-Force movie is coming!... ad well as the upcoming DEADPOOL II Movie! Please take a look at my MANY Punisher, Showcase, Black Panther, Batman, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, Spider-Man, Adventure Comics, Thor, Superman, X-Men, Wonder Woman, Luke Cage, Flash, Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet & Shazam! offerings up right now and combine bids to save on shipping.

Wow! What a freakin' huckster! lol

"Not many of these around"

Now that is some prime, Grade A wildly_fanciful_statement. Definitely think the sales pitch helped on this one. And the claim that it's 9.8 in the bag, for one it's unlikely, and for two, it's impossible to tell. Someone got hosed.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Opinions opinions opinions

I, for one, actually think that the (sucker) that bought it saved his searches (like I do) for "X-Force 1 9.8" and fell for the trap

But lets wait and see how this trend develops :popcorn:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Force-1-1991-Polybagged-with-Cable-Card-Sealed-1991/162859026934?hash=item25eb2789f6:g:bqwAAOSwealaYQ1a

or a $2 book....

I almost had an caniption because i buy x-force 1s sometimes, but only the ones with the deadpool card, if the cable card was actually going for $30-$50 I'd lose it