• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NM98 CGC 9.8 post movie pricing

NM98 post movie pricing  

480 members have voted

1. 1. NM98 post movie pricing

125 posts in this topic

My Friend this book was a hot commodity before the movie, and it will continue to do so.

Perhaps, but the book jumped from $300–$400 to over $700 when the announcement was made

Based on everything I've seen and heard about the movie, I'm guessing that his popularity only goes up from here. He's jumping to household name status.

Deadpool cannot be Wolverine because Deadpool is at his core "R" rated and that will limit his ability to reach audiences.

That doesn't mean he can't become more popular, but he can't become Superman, Spiderman or Batman either.

Wolverine ain't exactly PG-13 either (at least not in the comics) lol

I am personally glad that the miscast Jackman is finally hanging it up. I hope the next cinematic Wolverine is down and dirty and feral and snarling and not the borderline Boy Scout Abercrombie & Fitch model version that Jackman has given us.

There are way too many high grade copies of NM 98 for it to be "the next Hulk 181" price wise, but I don't ever see the book selling for less than $700 no matter how many copies are on the census. Deadpool is a solid B list character now (with the only real A listers being Bats, Supes, your friendly neighborhood Spider, and Wolvie just one half tick below those three on the A team).

-J.

Deadpool cannot be Wolverine because Deadpool is at his core "R" rated and that will limit his ability to reach audiences.

That doesn't mean he can't become more popular, but he can't become Superman, Spiderman or Batman either.

I am personally glad that the miscast Jackman is finally hanging it up. I hope the next cinematic Wolverine is down and dirty and feral and snarling and not the borderline Boy Scout Abercrombie & Fitch model version that Jackman has given us.

There are way too many high grade copies of NM 98 for it to be "the next Hulk 181" price wise, but I don't ever see the book selling for less than $700 no matter how many copies are on the census. Deadpool is a solid B list character now (with the only real A listers being Bats, Supes, your friendly neighborhood Spider, and Wolvie just one half tick below those three on the A team).

-J.

Fair warning, this is off topic.

Most modern incarnations of Wolverine are not feral or snarling - comics, cartoons or movies. I get it that is your favorite version, but the character hasn't really been like that in some time. Maybe Jackman is a little too "pretty," but I can't see Marvel taking one of their largest properties and making him less appealable to children/preteens/teens.

:shrug:

FYI - Jackman is HUGELY popular as Wolverine on an international scale. The only people that really complain about him are comic nerds. To most of the general public he is Wolverine and via versa.

-J.

Fair warning, this is off topic.

Most modern incarnations of Wolverine are not feral or snarling - comics, cartoons or movies. I get it that is your favorite version, but the character hasn't really been like that in some time. Maybe Jackman is a little too "pretty," but I can't see Marvel taking one of their largest properties and making him less appealable to children/preteens/teens.

:shrug:

FYI - Jackman is HUGELY popular as Wolverine on an international scale. The only people that really complain about him are comic nerds. To most of the general public he is Wolverine and via versa.

Exactly. And if Fox wants to "move on from Jackman" they're going to have to take the character in a different direction. They're best bet would probably be to marginalize the character and make him more old school. I appreciate what Jackman has done with the character but I have never been a fan of that "pretty boy" portrayal. That's just not Wolverine. That's movie Wolverine. The movie going public will probably have to see something different - a different interpretation if you will- to even accept someone different in the role.

That's the problem you get when you have one guy playing an iconic character too long. But if Christopher Reeves (RIP) can be recast then anyone can.

-J.

-J.

Again, doesn't matter how many copies are out there, plently of HG copies of Hulk 181 as well.

Hasn't slowed down demand. Rare doesn't = in demand every time as much as we'd all like to think so. I've read countless posts of people saying "That's a tough book" Doesn't matter if they are the only ones who want it. Hardly anyone is walking up to dealers at shows in doves saying "hey I'm looking for Superboy 68" It's always "got a NM 98, BA 12, Hulk 181 or a ASM 300?" Still not enough copies to go around.

It'll go down post movie. Everything does. But I think it'll steadily increase in value just like most first apps did pre movie craze.

I was talking to someone in the Philippines yesterday who's favorite character is Deadpool. He's got reach, I'll give him that.

Deadpool is so popular, this book had legs before the movie hype. I say this book will continue to climb. I remember the good ole days when Hulk 181 was in this very same type of discussions around the water cooler, now that book has grown tremendously since then.

How many people have a Hulk 181 in 9.8?

How many people have a New Mutants 98 in 9.8?

I feel the sheer amount of 9.8 copies available will hinder this book in ever reaching the status of Hulk 181. I see $700 - 800 being a nice plateau for this book after the movie comes and goes, maybe slightly lower.

How many people have a Hulk 181 in 9.8?

How many people have a New Mutants 98 in 9.8?

I feel the sheer amount of 9.8 copies available will hinder this book in ever reaching the status of Hulk 181. I see $700 - 800 being a nice plateau for this book after the movie comes and goes, maybe slightly lower.

Not as many as the people who want them

Oh and don't forget all the sequels !

I don`t know where it will eventually be priced,but after the movie NM #98 will always be considered a blue chip comic book to own similar to Incredible Hulk #181 and ASM #129.

Yep, I know there are tons of copies,but the demand is off the charts.

Plus, we know that they will make at least one or two more Deadpool movies which will keep the Deadpool machine going.