• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Keene are you? Show us your Katy comics!
3 3

100 posts in this topic

As a kid collecting Archie/MLJ, Katy Keene never really appealed to me. If I bought any they were part of larger collections and my mom would always comment on how much she loved reading them in the fifties and playing with the paper dolls. In my 30s the completist in me decided it was time to add them all to the fold.

Anyone who collects Katy knows there is more to the challenge than just finding the books you're missing. They need to be complete... and sure, all books do, but I can't think of a title that was more abused 65 years ago by little girls with scissors, like my mom, so they could change paper outfits on paper dolls.

The boards have proven very useful over the years in helping me fill holes, determine page counts, and identify which numbers do not exist (even if Overstreet says they do), but I have yet to see a thread dedicated to the Pin-Up Queen.

So show us what you've got! :popcorn:

Wow congrats on the complete set. :applause: Would definitely love to see some scans when you have time. House Of Comics definitely helped me along as well; bought some beautiful books from him. I have not completed the collection just yet. I still need about 6 more books across all the KK titles. All of them are on eBay right now in varying conditions but none of them are in the shape I'm shopping for.

Nice Annua! It's hard to find the first 2 or 3 in good shape, at least I feel that way... Not to mention a nice variant. Took me a long time to find a great copy of #1. I do own one of the two CGC'd Annual #6's in 9.2, but my other annuals are just so so.

I realize I have very few KK books scanned which is poor form for a thread I started. Gotta find some free time. Here is one other I do have scanned.

RAD34BEB201525_15560_zpsghcsi7e9.jpg

Only better copy I've seen is the 9.2 Microbia had on eBay which was too pricey for me to drop on a KK9.

Looks brand new. How long ago did you buy it? And forgive my ignorance ... 6th Street? Is that a pedigree?

Bought it a few years ago. The 6th Street books were close to a pedigree. They came out of Spokane and were sold on eBay. The comic shop got through just a fraction of them before the estate pulled them back due to litigation. The heirs hadn't realized they were worth so much, and decided to squabble over the remaining books. Quite a few board members picked some up. I got maybe 10 of them....wish I'd had a shot at more. They are all really nice.