• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waylander’s LSCC 2016 Con report with LOADS of Pictures

190 posts in this topic

I am curious . Are the walls provided , or are they yours ? I have been looking for something quick and easy to use for booth set up and those would fit the bill .

Thanks

All the wall frames etc are brought in by the individual dealers.

Great weekend. As always, it was great to see everybody and meet a few new people as well.

Highlight for me was the "Discussion" in the wee small hours of Sunday between Andrew and Garry on whether or not we are all childish.

13AE3BDE-5D98-42A8-98D0-9DBA83BF1C9A_zpsuyzevpyt.jpg

Brian went above and beyond awesome by proving to be one of the friendliest, most generous boardies out there.

Huge thanks to Piper for the golden age intervention.

Here's some other of my highlights

DA834845-95C4-434C-BC86-D30192A064B2_zps8bzkkekd.jpg

64A4887A-41CA-4FEA-B5AA-EB7014B61DC8_zpsqic2dhij.jpg

Jon having a little afternoon nap in the pub

91D04A02-DAF7-4DBA-A6A2-C2B98E206198_zpszkiregdc.jpg

Pub skills on show

BF12771E-B099-4C3F-AC4A-521FFABB9F31_zpsuecl2dw3.jpg

74ACEFB6-6480-4804-B470-5491FDAFF8C8_zpsajelkucm.jpg

I am curious . Are the walls provided , or are they yours ? I have been looking for something quick and easy to use for booth set up and those would fit the bill .

Thanks

The white walls were provided by the show organisers, but then the displays in front of them were brought in by the individual dealers.

Regarding the question of what's hot...the same as the US, pretty much. However, there is a different buying pattern here in the UK and there remain a lot of readers/completists over here. Sold lots of large batches of SA & BA titles, both in high grade and low grade, for Guide with no resistance.

And to address a comment that I saw elsewhere regarding 'wall books', they are not just $10 & $15 books with slabs absent. On our wall alone we had a slabbed TOS #39, Action #252, X-Men #94 in 9.6, two Strange Tales #110, two Avengers #1, Daredevil #1, Brave And The Bold #28 and FF #48 and #52.

I had loads of fun at the show and will post some photos and thoughts later this week in this thread.

In the interim, let me just say I echo Nick's comments. There were lots of great books available and sales appeared brisk for all dealers. No bargains were apparent on the Sunday afternoon.

Transatlantic flight to catch tomorrow...

Thanks

The white walls were provided by the show organisers, but then the displays in front of them were brought in by the individual dealers.

Regarding the question of what's hot...the same as the US, pretty much. However, there is a different buying pattern here in the UK and there remain a lot of readers/completists over here. Sold lots of large batches of SA & BA titles, both in high grade and low grade, for Guide with no resistance.

And to address a comment that I saw elsewhere regarding 'wall books', they are not just $10 & $15 books with slabs absent. On our wall alone we had a slabbed TOS #39, Action #252, X-Men #94 in 9.6, two Strange Tales #110, two Avengers #1, Daredevil #1, Brave And The Bold #28 and FF #48 and #52.

That's interesting re the completionists - and reassuring

did anyone sell any big books of note?

Are there more pics of girl in the black leather cat-suit?

BBC were filming and she and Judge Dredd were on it

Thanks

That's interesting re the completionists - and reassuring

did anyone sell any big books of note?

Are there more pics of girl in the black leather cat-suit?

BBC were filming and she and Judge Dredd were on it

Sold TOS #39 in 5.0...that was pretty sweet. :cloud9: