• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's hear it for your favorite second appearances!

67 posts in this topic

Watching an auction today for X-Force #2 CGC 9.8 go for $57 (solid considering there's almost 1000 of them!) ... it started me thinking about favorite character's second appearances. Besides the 2nd appearance of Deadpool in X-Force 2, what others deserve a mention? The more obscure the better :insane:

UXM #266 :insane:

How long will UXM Annual #14 stay at ~$100 in 9.8?!?

I'm really surprised the value of that has stayed so low. I know most think of UXM #266 as the first appearance, but UXM Annual #14 is just as equally important, IMO.

Only after owning both can you say you have Gambit's first appearance.

It's amazing to me that New Mutants #98 can sell for $800+ in 9.8, while X-Force #2 can't sell for $60.

Just amazing.

Yes, there were a million copies printed. Granted.

But it really does highlight the disdain that the market shows to all but first appearances these days.

New Mutants #87? $500-$600+ in 9.8.

#88? A 9.8 just sold for $75.

Break out the champagne.

Fantastic Four 6

2nd appearance of Dr Doom, 2nd Silver Age appearance of Namor.

If we're talking about value, I have no idea what I'd say (based on how the whole Cameo, 1st App/1st Full App) thing goes.

HANDS DOWN story wise, Avengers 58 (2nd VIsion) (Vision Origin) (Origin Joins The Avengers)

Just an all around beautiful story by Thomas, some all time classic Buscema art, with an amazing cover. Touches on so many great moments, that become significant parts of Marvel history

pietro.jpg

And one of the best panels in comics in my humble opinion:

c4f6041c33b5c2b80d21550dc6253d33.jpg