• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

237 posts in this topic

It's interesting that for grades 9.0 and above you can be 2 grades off and get same point value as for 1 grade off for books 9.0 and below. Actually for a book graded 10.0 you could be 4 grades off and get the same point value... :insane:

Question for the organizer:

I'm assuming the results from the seeding round determine the matchups for the first round, but who gets matched up with who? Top scorer gets matched up with the very worse? Or two low scoring individuals get paired together? (shrug)

I'm assuming the results from the seeding round determine the matchups for the first round, but who gets matched up with who? Top scorer gets matched up with the very worse? Or two low scoring individuals get paired together? (shrug)

Yes, the seeding round determines the match-ups for the first round. Top scorer gets matched up against the worst scorer.

128 vs. 1

127 vs. 2

126 vs. 3

etc.

66 vs. 63

65 vs. 64

In the event we don't get 128 contestants, byes are given to the top scores for the first round.

In the event we get over 128 contestants, only the top 128 will play.

Yes, the seeding round determines the match-ups for the first round. Top scorer gets matched up against the worst scorer.

128 vs. 1

127 vs. 2

126 vs. 3

etc.

66 vs. 63

65 vs. 64

In the event we don't get 128 contestants, byes are given to the top scores for the first round.

In the event we get over 128 contestants, only the top 128 will play.

Perfect!

I feel sorry for the guy that plays me first round. Goin' say bye bye, birdie. :hi:

I don't understand why the top scorers get paired with the worst scorers-why not just skip a step and eliminate the worst scorers?

The wait time is killing me-can't we shave off a couple days??? At least for future rounds?

I don't understand why the top scorers get paired with the worst scorers-why not just skip a step and eliminate the worst scorers?

Anyone has a chance to get lucky in a given week. Of course I'd not like to be matched up with Toro in the first round.