• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLD SCARCE FUNNY BOOKS FOX, FIGHTERS, NEDOR, and a LOT of SURPRISES.

172 posts in this topic

To start I have about 19 books this morning. I may add more later. These are old...starting in 1937 old;) None of these have ever been pressed or cleaned, or anything similar.

I accept Paypal, checks or MO's, Payment is due within 7 days please, unless we come to some other agreement.

First posted :takeit: wins, whether in the thread or by PM.

Shipping for these books is exact, wherever you are...well, except the Moon, that might take a while;) I use regional boxes whenever I can and I pay for private insurance, so your items are covered. If you buy anything over $250 it must go signature required.

Returns. You can return anything for any reason (even slabs) as long as you notify me within 7 days of receipt and return the item the same way it was sent within 14 days. If I made an error in the description, I'll pay for return shipping.

Thanks...and have fun...this is like a museum thread...you won't see them everywhere;)

and of course...no listers! please... :sumo:

These books are scarce, there is very little data on them.

Feature Funnies #2, 1937.Introducing the Hawk. Amazingly nice supple pages for a book this old. Centerfold is detached, There is a 1.5 cover spine split at the top, some dirt and creasing on the back. There is a 1/2" tear on the back. Grade is Good+ (2.5) , OSG in Good is $136.00 VG is $272 Bin is $125.00

feature%20funnies%202_0001.jpg

feature%20funnies%202_0002.jpg

Feature Funnies #6, 1938. Clock appearance (he's a great long running character.).

Half of the centerfold has a raggedy edge, but it's stapled in. Pages are white.Cover is detached at one staple, and there is a 1/2" tear at the top of the spine. Nice gloss and color. Grade is VG-. OSG is $120 in VG. Bin is $85. Sold to ComicCav

feature%20funnies%206_0001.jpg

feature%20funnies%206_0002.jpg

Feature Funnies #14, Spine roll, nice pages, 1" cover spine split, centerfold is detached, corner crease, lots of gloss and great color. Grade is VG. Guide is $90, Bin is $70.

feature%20funnies%2014_0001.jpg

:takeit:

Feature Funnies #14, Spine roll, nice pages, 1" cover spine split, centerfold is detached, corner crease, lots of gloss and great color. Grade is VG. Guide is $90, Bin is $70.

feature%20funnies%2014_0001.jpg

:takeit:

Awww...my first sale:) so nice to see you Andy :foryou: Sold!

Feature Comics #21, Name change with this issue. The Clock, Jane Arden, etc. Quality always did a good job with stories.

The book has nice color and gloss, there is a moisture stain on the back cover, and some on the edge, but the pages are remarkably nice, very light (I'd say in the white range) and supple. There is some rippling on the front. Book is from 1939. There is a 3.5 " spine split, Bottom staple is still attached at the back, the top staple is attached. Grade is Good, Guide is $57 bin is $50.

Sold to TSP99

feature%20comics%2021_0001.jpg

feature%20comics%2021_0002_1.jpg

#22, the book presents well, but the spine has been taped together at the inside. I can't tell if it was all split, they did a pretty good job with taping. Grade is Fair, Good guide is $41, Bin is $20. Sold to TSP99

feature%20comics%2022_0001.jpg

feature%20comics%2022_0002.jpg

#25, still 1939, Charlie Chan is in this issue, it's his 3rd appearance. Nice color, nice pages, there is asmall cover split, small corner bend upper right and a very small crease lower right. A nice copy, Grade is Fine-. OSG is $123, Bin is $95

Norrin's lawyer

feature%20comics%2025_0001.jpg

feature%20comics%2025_0002.jpg