• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

Another ebay gripe. I won two auctions on Friday night from the same seller. The listing clearly states that they will email combined shipping invoices on Mondays after a weekend. Sunday night I get two emails from ebay warning me that I need to pay immediately or risk getting two non payment strikes lodged against me. And that torqued me off big time and I had some trouble getting to sleep. (Not the seller's fault, just ebay stupidity).

I've been using ebay for 20 years and it certainly has gone to $#!t. Every new gimmick is seemingly designed just to users off. Great business model.

I recently bought a fn-ish xmen 135 off of ebay for a decent price. Transaction went super smooth and it arrived fast.

This week (about a week after the comic arrived) I recieved another package from the seller with a note along the lines of "Hi Chris, please enjoy this free upgrade" and it turned out to be a much higher grade copy of the same book. This was entirely out of the blue and unexpected.

I want to give a shoutout to the seller for being so generous - it was kermitspadcomics

Pretty good way to get some repeat customers.

2 hours ago, SerialGrape said:

kermitspadcomics

hm

General question to all: isn't kermitspadcomics one of the well known serial overgraders on eBay...?

I seem to remember they are. Have they cleaned up their ways...?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

On 8/21/2018 at 7:27 AM, jsilverjanet said:

also I think eBay needs to change or update their non-paying buyer policy. It should not just be based on instances (x number of times you don't pay for an item during a certain time frame) but also on dollar value

5 times within a year or $1000 worth of items.

first-- not sure if buyers can cancel a sale or request to cancel. The option might exist but as with all things ebay-- good luck finding it in their convoluted system.

As for changing buyer policy, I am for it of course. But history shows us that the only people ebay hammers with restrictions and additional grief are the sellers-- never the buyers. Even if they don't follow through on a purchase multiple times, ebay looks at them as the heart of their business-- which is truly short sighted on their part. Without quality sellers, they would have nothing worth buying on their website. Not that they seem to give a damn but you know... I'm with you on this 100%

Go back 5 - 10 years. eBay was not broke. Why did they have to try and fix it? Making change for the sake of making a change is completely rediculous. Can't believe how bad the bay is these days. May totally move to other sights for my buying as well as selling.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, jsilverjanet said:

quick question,

I received a request to cancel an order by a buyer. Personally I'm sick of this. My auctions go for 7 days+ then the buyer will request to cancel the purchase because xyz.

The item sold for far more than expected and the buyer has a large feedback but of course I got the message the next day requesting the purchase be cancelled because they "bid the wrong amount"

I told them I'm not cancelling, they can request to cancel. I informed them I would be filing a non-paying case against them.

Buyer states they cannot request to cancel the order. Is this true? I thought as a buyer you can request this.

I know before eBay would keep track of this as both buyer/seller requesting cancellations. I suspect the buyer wants me to cancel so that it isn't counted against them etc

I believe the seller has to cancel it. You can mark it as a request by the buyer. I asked someone to cancel it on their end before and they said it was not an option.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I believe the seller has to cancel it. You can mark it as a request by the buyer. I asked someone to cancel it on their end before and they said it was not an option.

Buyer has 1 hour after an auction closes to make that request; then it falls to the seller. I had someone do this recently because, you know, somehow putting his phone in his pocket did these things: clicked submit an offer, made an offer within the appropriate threshold, reviewed the offer, and submitted it. 

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Buyer has 1 hour after an auction closes to make that request; then it falls to the seller. I had someone do this recently because, you know, somehow putting his phone in his pocket did these things: clicked submit an offer, made an offer within the appropriate threshold, reviewed the offer, and submitted it. 

Yeah I can see how that could easily happen :/

20 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I just had a buyer request a cancel on an $8 book after paying just yesterday .... said his son bought it without his knowledge .. 

i said sure whatever even though it sounded like B.S ...only an $8 book mind you 

40 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

I just had a buyer request a cancel on an $8 book after paying just yesterday .... said his son bought it without his knowledge .. 

i said sure whatever even though it sounded like B.S ...only an $8 book mind you 

yea - E-Bay has gone crazy lately.  I had a guy make 3 offers (progressing upward) on a $35 book.  His last one was for $30 and I accepted.  Hour later he asked to cancel since "he didn't mean to pay so much".  You made the offer!  I cancelled and relisted and moved on but wow that was a new one.

2 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

yea - E-Bay has gone crazy lately.  I had a guy make 3 offers (progressing upward) on a $35 book.  His last one was for $30 and I accepted.  Hour later he asked to cancel since "he didn't mean to pay so much".  You made the offer!  I cancelled and relisted and moved on but wow that was a new one.

:roflmao: 

Is anybody having any issues with their listings being visible? I put a book up yesterday afternoon. It does not show up in a search and also does not show up when clicking on “View seller’s other items.” I listed something else this morning and have the same problem. The books are showing up on my selling page, however. I don’t have time at the moment to sit on the phone and wait for a rep.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I wanted to get people's advice at an auction I lost last night.  Just for my knowledge were there any shill bids? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302853645294?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

Possibly a couple early on at the $40 & $50 range. But nothing suspicious that I see in the last 3 days.

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

Is anybody having any issues with their listings being visible? I put a book up yesterday afternoon. It does not show up in a search and also does not show up when clicking on “View seller’s other items.” I listed something else this morning and have the same problem. The books are showing up on my selling page, however. I don’t have time at the moment to sit on the phone and wait for a rep.

I was talking to a seller about their item and they asked if I could search some of their other listings. They were having the same problem. They had to call multiple times I believe.

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

I just posted 30 books at lunch an not one has a view which never happens.  I usually get a couple lookers for each new post and for all of them to have no views is not possible.  I'll see how many views they have tomorrow and give them a call if things seem strange.

Re the shill bidding, probably not, his bids are just 9% with that seller. He/She is probably just new.

As to the disappearing listings, eBay is starting another new thing. doh!  something about if you don't do something, or join something or something else...your listings will be hard to find, so maybe they are practicing.

Also, you can't buy off eBay of course, but now all of a sudden, they want you to list your PHONE number, so bidders can see it. Double doh!doh!

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Re the shill bidding, probably not, his bids are just 9% with that seller. He/She is probably just new.

As to the disappearing listings, eBay is starting another new thing. doh!  something about if you don't do something, or join something or something else...your listings will be hard to find, so maybe they are practicing.

Also, you can't buy off eBay of course, but now all of a sudden, they want you to list your PHONE number, so bidders can see it. Double doh!doh!

I guess I was wondering about the guy/girl who bid 86 dollars. ... 100 percent bid activity... but I guess they only had 2 bids in the last 30 days?  https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&ViewBidderProfile=&_trksid=p2471758.m4792&bidtid=1545769769020&mode=1&item=302853645294

34 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I just posted 30 books at lunch an not one has a view which never happens.  I usually get a couple lookers for each new post and for all of them to have no views is not possible.  I'll see how many views they have tomorrow and give them a call if things seem strange.

It's not that the new listings have no views, it's that they only visible and accessible though the 'My Selling" page. For example, I have 51 items listed. Let's say the one I listed yesterday was Iron Man #55. If I search for Iron Man #55, I get dozens of listing but not mine.  If i go to one of my other listings and click on "See other items," "Iron Man #55 is not there, just my other 50 listings.