• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

So I have a book in my free 50 listings "store" that has been sitting there for like 10-12 months..the john paul II comic book from marvel, direct edition. I have it priced aggressively because i figure the person buying it is not a comic collector per se. Anywhere, there is has sat for a year...and last night, in the span of an hour while I was making dinner, I got three offers on it! Ebay is weird. I see it has been selling OK lately, but it has been for a while. Is it announced that John Paul II is going to be in the Avengers or Justice League movie or something?

perhaps something to do with Sainthood? no idea

that was in 2014. i dunno. it's not like the book doesn't sell, it's a pretty decent $10-$20+ depending on direct vs. newsstand. just weird to get three separate offers in an hour.

sometimes ebay promotes a random item you have listed because it hits some other areas that are similar to what someone buys, watches, or views. I've had some things listed for years on there and every now and then-- along comes a buyer. But multiple offers makes me think you got some sort of cross promotion of your item.

I opt out of the GSP and just mail International first class. GSP scares off a lot of oversea buyers. Only have to print out a label ebay gives you, sign and date it and stick it in plastic sleeve. Not a hassle at all.

Its true. As a buyer in Canada I avoid sellers who use the GSP whenever possible. Sellers don't realize how much of a rip off it is for the international buyer. We have to pay the shipping cost that you pay to ship it to the center, then the cost the center pays to ship it to us, plus a "duty" charge that's really just a service fee because Canada Post doesn't charge duties on things like comics bought online - this charge changes and gets more expensive the more the book sells for. Ive had to pay $23ish US PLUS $7ish US for a single book to be shipped once - never mind the exchange.

Sadly, when I have to buy something from someone who only uses the GSP because theyre the only one selling the book I'm looking for, because it is the sellers choice to use the service I give them low ratings on the "shipping cost" section when leaving feedback; which then makes me look like a bitter buyer.

I'm sure its been discussed, but couldn't find anything through searching. What does it mean when a bidder shows up as "private" instead of their feedback score?

That is something the seller can set when they list an item.

Not sure of the advantages, but I can see one glaring disadvantage.

Ohhhh....right

This Stan Lee signed The Amazing Spiderman 1993 #375 Gold foil 30th Anniversary Comic was given to me around 1995. I've compared the signature to others out there and it does seem to look a like, but I can not guarantee it is authentic as I was not there to verify or vouch for the signature as it happened. Please look at the pics and know that the pics you see, is what you will be receiving. Thank you for looking. No combined shipping.

Again, please be aware that this is not an authentic signature, nor will I take the time to have it authenticated at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-by-Stan-Lee-Marvel-Comics-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-375-Gold-Foil-Cover-039-93-/262780954118?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=YBcHawn4OWJ%252F3U95YQDePIkzcYM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

^ And the guy has active listings with 3 other comics w/fake Stan Lee sigs.

I think I could forge a better fake sig with my left foot, if I practiced. The fakes don't look anything like the Stan Lee signature except they seem to have most of the right letters.

^ And the guy has active listings with 3 other comics w/fake Stan Lee sigs.

I think I could forge a better fake sig with my left foot, if I practiced. The fakes don't look anything like the Stan Lee signature except they seem to have most of the right letters.

Ohh, maybe you're more of a Jim Lee fan. :roflmao:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOGRAPHED-MARVEL-COMICS-GAMBIT-1993-ISSUE-2-SIGNED-BY-JIM-LEE-/262781009869?hash=item3d2ef7ffcd:g:lvwAAOSw9GhYYuoC

Random tidbit.

I was contacting the seller of an auction. Wrote two sentences about item description. To close the message I started typing "Cheers" and at that point C h e --->> noticed the box outline changed from a purple/blue to an orange/yellow and it said "sharing contact info is not allowed" hm

So I deleted cheers, color change went back, sharing contact info blurb went away, and message question sent no prob.

Random tidbit.

I was contacting the seller of an auction. Wrote two sentences about item description. To close the message I started typing "Cheers" and at that point C h e --->> noticed the box outline changed from a purple/blue to an orange/yellow and it said "sharing contact info is not allowed" hm

So I deleted cheers, color change went back, sharing contact info blurb went away, and message question sent no prob.

Don't know what that is about but I know they have contact information on lockdown. If I want to e-mail a buyer/seller, I attach a screengrab of my e-mail address. I had named the attachment "contact info" and I couldn't send until I renamed the attachment.

Random tidbit.

Don't know what that is about but I know they have contact information on lockdown. If I want to e-mail a buyer/seller, I attach a screengrab of my e-mail address. I had named the attachment "contact info" and I couldn't send until I renamed the attachment.

I believe the ebay app messaging doesn't filter the way the desktop site does.

Random tidbit.

I believe the ebay app messaging doesn't filter the way the desktop site does.

Thanks for the tip. (thumbs u

I have a bunch of unsold listings. Got a 500 free list promo. But it excludes previously listed items. So obviously you can not relist the unsold ones. I tried "sell similar" for an unsold item since its so quick and its still excluded from free promo.

Other than creating a brand new listing from scratch anyone have a work around for this?

I have a bunch of unsold listings. Got a 500 free list promo. But it excludes previously listed items. So obviously you can not relist the unsold ones. I tried "sell similar" for an unsold item since its so quick and its still excluded from free promo.

Other than creating a brand new listing from scratch anyone have a work around for this?

Find the asme item someone else is selling and do a sell similar.

If you create a brand new listing from scratch, and then after listing it you look at it and click "sell similar," does it let you?