• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone watching Wrestlemania 32....So far this mania has been...

38 posts in this topic

Wrestling and comics go hand in hand. Two of my favorite things that weren't the "cool" thing to do. Wrestling got trendy in the late 90's and everyone watched it and was suddenly cool, then dropped off after a bit, and now comics are the trendy thing because of the movies and they too will die after a bit. But they will still never be accepted totally and thought to be geeky and nerdy.

Wrestling had some great characters.

2242371-wwf2.jpg

d8791c29291f7edfefd040502bd6fa00_l.jpg

231285-19657-117922-1-mankind.jpg

Wrestling and comics go hand in hand. Two of my favorite things that weren't the "cool" thing to do. Wrestling got trendy in the late 90's and everyone watched it and was suddenly cool, then dropped off after a bit, and now comics are the trendy thing because of the movies and they too will die after a bit. But they will still never be accepted totally and thought to be geeky and nerdy.

Wrestling had some great characters.

2242371-wwf2.jpg

d8791c29291f7edfefd040502bd6fa00_l.jpg

231285-19657-117922-1-mankind.jpg

I'm a bit older

Sting

Flyin' Brian

Ricky Steamboat

The Steiner Brothers

A total stinkfest. :censored:

My days of a wrestling fan I think are finally over. :cry:

WWE is super lame!

Because you are turning 14 next month, the same age when most people outgrow it :baiting:

Johnny Boy, nothing will ever be as good as when you were a kid, nothing.

Jimbo

I think a comic book board is the last place that anyone should bash wrestling on.

Not bashing wrestling per se, just bugging one of my best friends who had the nerve to PM earlier that Villanova was going to bash UNC's brains in.... Unfortunately he was kinda right.

Jim

I was a fan of wrestling when I was a kid in the 80s. Then lost interest for many years, In 1995 or 96 (cant quite remember) in college at 2 in the morning I came home on a Saturday and was channel surfing..came across some random channel with some wrestling show on. I had never seen anything like this before. The most insane and violent wrestling you could imagine (keep in mind I had grown up watching the "impressive" Hogan big leg on opponents). I had discovered ECW.

This got me revisiting the WWF and WCW right when Nash and Hall had jumped ship and the Monday Night wars were heating up. Became obssessed with wrestling again after that until the Monday Night wars were over, ECW was absorbed by the WWF and was no longer ECW.

1996-2001 - wrestling will never be like that again.

When I was a kid I liked this guy

s-l225.jpg

I knew it was all silly though, but fun.

The American Dream....

still remember the glory days of the NWA...Ric Flair and my all time fav, the Road Warriors.

though it wasnt 'real', when these guys went to japan, it was a lot more violent especially with guys like Mick Foley and Abdullah the butcher.

A total stinkfest. :censored:

My days of a wrestling fan I think are finally over. :cry:

WWE is super lame!

Because you are turning 14 next month, the same age when most people outgrow it :baiting:

Johnny Boy, nothing will ever be as good as when you were a kid, nothing.

Jimbo

I think a comic book board is the last place that anyone should bash wrestling on.

Not bashing wrestling per se, just bugging one of my best friends who had the nerve to PM earlier that Villanova was going to bash UNC's brains in.... Unfortunately he was kinda right.

Jim

That game was one of the best college games of all time!

s-l225.jpg

The American Dream....

still remember the glory days of the NWA...Ric Flair and my all time fav, the Road Warriors.

though it wasnt 'real', when these guys went to japan, it was a lot more violent especially with guys like Mick Foley and Abdullah the butcher.

I don`t know why people always bring up it isn`t real.

Star Wars,Star Trek ,Lord of the Rings, and Marvel and DC heroes are not real as well.

What Professional Wrestling is entertainment just like 90 percent of the stuff we read,watch or listen to.

s-l225.jpg

The American Dream....

Star Wars,Star Trek ,Lord of the Rings, and Marvel and DC heroes are not real as well.

What Professional Wrestling is entertainment just like 90 percent of the stuff we read,watch or listen to.

Back in the early 80s, wrestling was reported in the papers in my country in the sports columns along with football, badminton etc. it was treated as a proper legitimate sport. When Hulk Hogan lost the title, it was reported in the news, and it wasn't some tabloid mess. it was treated as proper news. As Vince focused more on the entertainment side of things, slowly it got farcical with the plotlines and the news stopped reporting the results. Anyway I was just trying to draw the parallel between the times in the 80s when the American wrestlers used to go to japan and fight against the Japanese guys. it was a lot more brutal and 'real' compared to the then WWF.

s-l225.jpg

The American Dream....

Back in the early 80s, wrestling was reported in the papers in my country in the sports columns along with football, badminton etc. it was treated as a proper legitimate sport. When Hulk Hogan lost the title, it was reported in the news, and it wasn't some tabloid mess. it was treated as proper news. As Vince focused more on the entertainment side of things, slowly it got farcical with the plotlines and the news stopped reporting the results. Anyway I was just trying to draw the parallel between the times in the 80s when the American wrestlers used to go to japan and fight against the Japanese guys. it was a lot more brutal and 'real' compared to the then WWF.

Professional Wrestling hit it`s peak between the time Hulk Hogan became champion and when the WCW was bought by WWE.

It had a great run. It`s still interesting with John Cena,but like rock n roll it`s golden age is over!

btw I still go to at least one Professional Wrestling show a year, and have never been bored, as they put on a show!

(thumbs u

btw I still go to at least one Professional Wrestling show a year, and have never been bored, as they put on a show!

(thumbs u

I've only ever been to one in my life. It was fantastic. Really need to go again.

WWE is pure entertainment now..there are hardly any real athletes any more, only actors.

Go watch Shinsuke Nakamura, Jordan & Gable, AJ Styles, "act". To say they, or any of them is not an athlete shows total ignorance.