• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

Received shipping notification yesterday... the barge is on it's way. I have the option to get it diverted to a walgreens or punishing my parents in having to lug it into their house until I can pick it up after work.  I don't think I want them putting it in their sedan and driving it to my house.  My understanding is that there is a little bit of weight and also it is awkward to move.   Remember kids it has to be signed for. 

As of now... Mom and Pops are going to have a big barge in their living room. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

the barge is on it's way. I have the option to get it diverted to a walgreens or punishing my parents in having to lug it into their house until I can pick it up after work.

Why Walgreens?

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Why Walgreens?

Fed Ex maintains holding centers at many of them... so I received the alert and when I click it the website recognizes the email that they sent it to... or ... to be honest I don’t know how it works but it allows me to redirect shipment to a FedEx holding center or new address. 

They tried to deliver the barge today and nobody was home...but they are going to attempt to redeliver tomorrow so all should be good.  

With the prices I'm seeing on resale already, I am mad at myself for not buying an extra one to flip.

Edited by Broke as a Joke

13 hours ago, whisp said:

Picked this up the other day.  Never had one as a kid and really was only MASK item that intrigued me so had to have it.  

maskcondor.jpg

There are a few MASK figures I want to pick up complete. Those really were the days of cool toys and TV shows.

2 hours ago, Pirate said:

Why are people selling the barge without yakface?  Is that figure worth buying the whole barge to get?

or piecing it out is worth more than selling it whole. I can imagine some figure-only collectors will more than pay the difference in any discounted value the barge has w/o the carded Yak Face.

23 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

What did it cost to order it in the first place? 

$500 + tax with shipping included. 

11 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

They tried to deliver the barge today and nobody was home...but they are going to attempt to redeliver tomorrow so all should be good.  

With the prices I'm seeing on resale already, I am mad at myself for not buying an extra one to flip.

I think there was a lot of nervousness when it came to this.  This was the first haslab project.  Aside from that every time something it comes at a high price tag and is eventually discounted.  I remember tossing and turning between ordering it for $500 and running the risk not of being able to resell it if I wanted, but watching it pop up at TJ Maxx at a ridiculous discount or the speculators looking to cash out at a discount when they realized that the invested too heavily in a project no one wanted.

I remember closing my eyes as I hit the submit key and hoping for the best.  I am glad that I got it but after seeing pics of it arriving on people's doorsteps I really don't know if I want to devote the space to it.  It will be kept in the box in the basement on the guest bed in the guest room for the time being. lol 

The Barge would be quite a center piece for a Star Wars collection. Similar to a USS Flagg even if it is around half the length. I look forward to seeing some post of these. Even if it is just in the box.

...I picked up a few Joes yesterday from a buddy in town going through the doubles in his collection. A few are minty. A couple are not, but I’m glad to make a dent in my vintage collection. Especially V2 Storm Shadow. That was one of my favorites growing up.

52E68007-310B-455D-8210-3B139964E1D5.jpeg

On 3/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, whisp said:

Picked this up the other day.  Never had one as a kid and really was only MASK item that intrigued me so had to have it.  

maskcondor.jpg

Condor was the first MASK figure I ever got, still have a lot of love for that one. I picked up a few MASK pieces dirt cheap at a GI Joe show two years ago. Glad I got them when I did, prices have exploded since then. Got a complete Rhino, Thunderhawk and Switchblade for $20 each, beautiful condition, and less for the other pieces. Looks like with Transformers and Joes continuing to skyrocket, folks have moved onto these cheaper secondary lines. Pretty soon they'll be too pricey to complete as well.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, miraclemet said:

question for Transformers G1 collectors... how does the market value the 80s era Takara japan "knockoffs"? are they scorned? Seen as afordable options?

I'm still working my way through the huge Transformers G1 collection I picked up a couple of months ago, and there are a few Takara (and other) pieces in there. My hasty research suggest that there's a healthy market for ALL of this stuff, particularly Takara/etc pieces that predate the Transformers line. That stuff is crazy expensive. But even non-TF contemporaries have seen an increase in value, for sure. Basically: there's a market for 80's toys, period. If it's a cool robot (particularly a cool METAL robot) then somebody wants to buy it.

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'm still working my way through the huge Transformers G1 collection I picked up a couple of months ago, and there are a few Takara (and other) pieces in there. My hasty research suggest that there's a healthy market for ALL of this stuff, particularly Takara/etc pieces that predate the Transformers line. That stuff is crazy expensive. But even non-TF contemporaries have seen an increase in value, for sure. Basically: there's a market for 80's toys, period. If it's a cool robot (particularly a cool METAL robot) then somebody wants to buy it.

I found an old robot in my stash. It was made by Bandai in the 80s. Price seems to be right up there with G1 stuff from what I can see.

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Condor was the first MASK figure I ever got, still have a lot of love for that one. I picked up a few MASK pieces dirt cheap at a GI Joe show two years ago. Glad I got them when I did, prices have exploded since then. Got a complete Rhino, Thunderhawk and Switchblade for $20 each, beautiful condition, and less for the other pieces. Looks like with Transformers and Joes continuing to skyrocket, folks have moved onto these cheaper secondary lines. Pretty soon they'll be too pricey to complete as well.

All 80s toys have hit a crazy high.

MASK were not the most plentiful before the burst a couple years ago.  They've become less so recently.

Those are great prices.  Rhino is fantastic and Thunderhawk is a fan fav. 

Patrick

If you want a good read head on over to Rebelscum and watch the riots unfold over "scalping". Posted on page 1019 that I was going to sell mine got several I will only offer $750 PM's and watched the scalper term get thrown. One of the reasons I avoid that board, been a member since 2002 but things have changed over there.

Phillip