• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You are a terrible influence... I went back as he was closing up. Still couldn’t do the boxed Star Wars. Just don’t want to devote the space to keeping them mint.  House and its appearance are more important to me.

$140 for these... one might appear on eBay in a month or two... unsure...

For now they are keepers

Skylinx has some minor degradation on his rubber tire but the battery box is clean. 

2B67DB80-30E0-441E-8546-05FA3AC47768.jpeg

9B4DDA87-FDD8-4B77-8ECD-41B73A52AC34.jpeg

Right on! You did very well. Most of the complete Headmasters can sell for $75-$100 each, and yours look very clean. Whether you keep or sell, you did great! Glad I could twist your arm. Chromedome is a personal favorite, mostly due to the IDW comics. Need to grab one myself some day.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Right on! You did very well. Most of the complete Headmasters can sell for $75-$100 each, and yours look very clean. Whether you keep or sell, you did great! Glad I could twist your arm. Chromedome is a personal favorite, mostly due to the IDW comics. Need to grab one myself some day.

I gambled on the skylinx as I did not know off hand what to look for whether it was the Encore / Reissue or original.  Thankfully it is original. 

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I gambled on the skylinx as I did not know off hand what to look for whether it was the Encore / Reissue or original.  Thankfully it is original. 

It's beautiful, looks like the white hasn't yellowed at all!

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It's beautiful, looks like the white hasn't yellowed at all!

He said had I been there earlier he had a LOT more.  But he conceded that he came down here to blow stuff out as it's not really a decent flea market.  There are a lot of broken and rusty tools at this thing and wrestling figures melting away in the hot sun.  I felt horrendous as we were talking and a gust of wind knocked over his loose vintage death star in the box. 

Edited by Buzzetta

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

He said had I been there earlier he had a LOT more.  But he conceded that he came down here to blow stuff out as it's not really a decent flea market.  There are a lot of broken and rusty tools at this thing and wrestling figures melting away in the hot sun.  I felt horrendous as we were talking and a gust of wind knocked over his loose vintage death star in the box. 

yes the wind was a new rebel alliance weapon

19 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I dreamed of having this as a kid! 

well looks like Im still dreaming... seller cancelled the sale due to "Out of stock or item is damaged" 

Then in an AMAZING COOINCIDENCE the seller just listed an identical one last night!

With a starting bid 50% over my winning final bid value. 

What are the odds!

giphy.gif.06f8db5bac2bdf90356f4c427fd3b0a9.gif

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

well looks like Im still dreaming... seller cancelled the sale due to "Out of stock or item is damaged" 

Then in an AMAZING COOINCIDENCE the seller just listed an identical one last night!

With a starting bid 50% over my winning final bid value. 

What are the odds!

giphy.gif.06f8db5bac2bdf90356f4c427fd3b0a9.gif

Name of the seller?

also is it the exact same one? Or is it one that is in a lower grade of shape or a higher grade?

38 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Name of the seller?

also is it the exact same one? Or is it one that is in a lower grade of shape or a higher grade?

seller is darkm-3313 

He's a zero feedback seller, so if his account gets dinged he just disappears and crates a new one, no skin off his nose. 

And yeah its the same one. Using the same pictures. Exact same box damage. No way its not the same (assuming it's actually a legit item for sale and not just stolen pictures)

38 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

seller is darkm-3313 

He's a zero feedback seller, so if his account gets dinged he just disappears and crates a new one, no skin off his nose. 

And yeah its the same one. Using the same pictures. Exact same box damage. No way its not the same (assuming it's actually a legit item for sale and not just stolen pictures)

hm What's his REAL name... ? 

Edited by Buzzetta

Found a real score, especially for me, this weekend.  A semi-famous actress recently passed away and there was a boxed Ft Apache boxed play set in her estate sale. Photos weren't much help and I had no idea if it was complete.

Paid just under a hundred for it and got it today. Turned out to be the Rin Tin Tin version, but the interior was untouched. The tin building is still flat and never assembled, and every bag is unopened. Parts are still on the spues.  It's the 1000 version which I think is the deluxe set with extra parts.  I had the 1965 Sears version as a kid and this has a special place in my heart.  My Uncle was friendly with Frank Barnes, who was one of the trainers for the Rin Tin Tin show and it was hinted I was going to get one of the descendants.  I finally got a puppy seven years later,

This play set will be a nice showpiece for my shop.

The woman was quite the fashionista, and I took a shot on a few lots of her clothes. Scored multiple leather Nieman Marcus  jackets, and some incredible bejeweled denim jackets, as well as a couple dozen designer tops. 

Same show as the starrior collection and maggot.

Bought these for a couple bucks. 

Im surprised someone didnt buy based on the clear variation with both being present.

Needless to say, i was elated.

Ill post some prices shortly.

Patrick

20190916_201522.jpg

Love the Indy stuff, nice score! Wish I still had my Well of Souls and Map room "Adventure Sets". Prices are crazy high now-a-days for the carded figures / boxed sets.

Not vintage, but would love to find this someday and not have to give up any internal organs:
city-of-tanis-map-room_indiana-jones_gal

14 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Another 2 Joes and a beachhead on the way.  I started up on the Kenner Indiana Jones line.  Figured I would start with the expensive ones first, lol.

6DB7E1A5-14E4-403F-B61B-76A9186D1D44.jpeg

5ED7E95B-9AC9-4F6A-A265-A47C1BAC49D5.jpeg

Dang, that Marion is pretty crazy. Nice score. 

Patrick