• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Definitely not.  I have that Widow bike and it's completely different.  The one with Baronness looks military, but the one with Widow looks like a sporty bike.

826464cd-adcd-47e0-9eaf-5a474a5dde20_1.a

I used to have one, the sloped windshield looked similar to me.  Maybe it's a kitbash of some or several of the ML bikes. I expect we'll see all of that stuff repurposed, particularly the military bike that was in the Captain America Riders set.

25 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

One second is a bit much, but the window last SDCC for ordering exclusives was also quite short at about 5 to 10 minutes.  They had a Hulk figure that first went on sale to Pulse members only and sold out in under ten minutes, then it went on sale for everyone and also sold out in under ten minutes.

So yea, getting two unreasonably short cracks at something last year instead of just one wasn't a great reason to subscribe.  I bet they didn't learn any lessons for this year, but hopefully I'm wrong.  They're covering the new Marvel Legends stuff at noon today, and they've been dropping hints for weeks that they will be offering a Hellfire Club box set as an SDCC exclusive, probably starting today.  Or at least they will announce it today.  Hopefully it won't be the same sheet show you're describing for Beachhead.

You know what, I am wrong here... I should have clarified.  This was only available through Target.   I am going to edit that in right now. 

26 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I go so excited when I saw the retro packaging but then bummed out when I saw they were new molds... oh well, it's good they are making ARAH figures again! 

It would have been better to make the MOBAT or the VAMP....

Honestly the o-ring design is antiquated and presents too many challenges.  Supposedly, most of the molds to these have been lost, and it would be too cost prohibitive to resculpt the line from existing figures.  The Ghostbusters line and vintage SW lines involved casting figures off of molds based on vintages figures containing 5 POA.   GI Joe gets a bit more complicated to do that at this point.  

We know the mold for V2 Snake Eyes 1985 is completely lost.  That was made clear when they reintroduced the line as TRU exclusives with that Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes, Stormshadow v1 three pack.  The card art depicted V2 but they did not have the molds for them.. Ever since then they have made new figures of the V2 design or used the V1 mold, which they still have.  (They have used the complete V1 mold in six instances over the years and utilized parts of it in other figure designs.)  V2 Snake Eyes is lost... but that is the one that is most noticeable.  There are many others that have also been lost, destroyed, or as rumor has it, on the bottom of the ocean. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You know what, I am wrong here... I should have clarified.  This was only available through Target.   I am going to edit that in right now. 

Ah, Target, not Walmart.  Sheesh, seems like nobody can keep up with demand for Hasbro figures!  Not Walmart, not Target, and not even them via their own web site.  Maybe they need to increase production runs.

Walmart very quickly sold out of all of their SDCC items when they went up for sale on Friday.  The only one I wanted was a Star Wars 6" Ahsoka figure, and it sold out immediately.  Later in the day Walmart made them available for pre-order again and I got it at that time.  I saw multiple figures available for a few hours that day, but by the evening everything I looked at was sold out.  So if you're lucky Target will make these available for pre-order again soon.

@fantastic_four

Any chance that the 6" line heads have universal joints across the brands?  Obviously a "Thing" figure will not have the same joint as a Cyclops head... but I was thinking along the lines of a human head.   I saw that someone had taken the Black Widow head and placed it on Scarlet's body and I was looking to attach an unmasked clone trooper head on my Boba Fett.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Ah, Target, not Walmart.  Sheesh, seems like nobody can keep up with demand for Hasbro figures!  Not Walmart, not Target, and not even them via their own web site.  Maybe they need to increase production runs.

Walmart very quickly sold out of all of their SDCC items when they went up for sale on Friday.  The only one I wanted was a Star Wars 6" Ahsoka figure, and it sold out immediately.  Later in the day Walmart made them available for pre-order again and I got it at that time.  I saw multiple figures available for a few hours that day, but by the evening everything I looked at was sold out.  So if you're lucky Target will make these available for pre-order again soon.

I had Ahsoka in my basket but I did not want to go down that rabbit hole... I wound up only ordering Bumblebee. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@fantastic_four

Any chance that the 6" line heads have universal joints across the brands?  Obviously a "Thing" figure will not have the same joint as a Cyclops head... but I was thinking along the lines of a human head.   I saw that someone had taken the Black Widow head and placed it on Scarlet's body and I was looking to attach an unmasked clone trooper head on my Boba Fett.

In general, no.  That doesn't mean a small number of Marvel Legends heads won't fit onto any given body from another line, but in general expect the heads not to swap at all.  Hasbro doesn't even make their head and wrist peg sizes consistent across Legends, so they definitely don't do it across lines.  Even within Legends there's a less than 50% chance any given male head will fit on any other similarly-sized male body.  About a third of the time they fit well, a third of the time they rest on the peg but it's not a tight fit and would fall over if you tipped the figure, and a third of the time a head will be too small to fit at all on another figure.  There are a lot of collectors who either dremel out head holes that are too small to fit on a given body or put filler in if a head's hole is too big.  I've never done any of that.

As far as I can tell the teams at Hasbro don't share designs at all.  One team might borrow innovations from another in the same way competing companies borrow from each other, but I've seen zero evidence of parts or design re-use across brands like Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, GI Joe Classified Series, or anything else.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

In general, no.  That doesn't mean a small number of Marvel Legends heads won't fit onto any given body from another line, but in general expect the heads not to swap at all.  Hasbro doesn't even make their head and wrist peg sizes consistent across Legends, so they definitely don't do it across lines.  Even within Legends there's a less than 50% chance any given male head will fit on any other similarly-sized male body.  About a third of the time they fit well, a third of the time they rest on the peg but it's not a tight fit and would fall over if you tipped the figure, and a third of the time a head will be too small to fit at all on another figure.  There are a lot of collectors who either dremel out head holes that are too small to fit on a given body or put filler in if a head's hole is too big.  I've never done any of that.

As far as I can tell the teams at Hasbro don't share designs at all.  One team might borrow innovations from another in the same way competing companies borrow from each other, but I've seen zero evidence of parts or design re-use across brands like Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, GI Joe Classified Series, or anything else.

My customization skill set involves parts swapping.  Once you pick up tools to plastic, I am an observant and not a participant. 

Not a fan of that two-pack.  They had already said they were doing an X-Men movie SDCC exclusive, and I was severely hoping for a Logan/X-23 two-pack.  Would have settled for a 3-pack with these two and her, but I don't really want a Professor X with dementia figure.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Honestly the o-ring design is antiquated and presents too many challenges.  Supposedly, most of the molds to these have been lost, and it would be too cost prohibitive to resculpt the line from existing figures.  The Ghostbusters line and vintage SW lines involved casting figures off of molds based on vintages figures containing 5 POA.   GI Joe gets a bit more complicated to do that at this point.  

We know the mold for V2 Snake Eyes 1985 is completely lost.  That was made clear when they reintroduced the line as TRU exclusives with that Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes, Stormshadow v1 three pack.  The card art depicted V2 but they did not have the molds for them.. Ever since then they have made new figures of the V2 design or used the V1 mold, which they still have.  (They have used the complete V1 mold in six instances over the years and utilized parts of it in other figure designs.)  V2 Snake Eyes is lost... but that is the one that is most noticeable.  There are many others that have also been lost, destroyed, or as rumor has it, on the bottom of the ocean. 

I didn't know about the molds being lost/destroyed! 

I really only care for the G1 Repros of SW, Tformers, Joe, but these look decent enough to give a try ...

I haven't bought any GI Joe in who knows when.....good to see them revive the brand!

9 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I didn't know about the molds being lost/destroyed! 

I really only care for the G1 Repros of SW, Tformers, Joe, but these look decent enough to give a try ...

I haven't bought any GI Joe in who knows when.....good to see them revive the brand!

The Snake Eyes figure is a mini-sideshow figure.  I am not kidding. 

It is one of the few recent figures that I know off the top of my head as, "Snake Eyes v54"

Check it... this re-release does not have the alternate head though :( 

https://www.yojoe.com/action/11/snakeeyes54.shtml

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The Snake Eyes figure is a mini-sideshow figure.  I am not kidding. 

It is one of the few recent figures that I know off the top of my head as, "Snake Eyes v54"

Check it... this re-release does not have the alternate head though :( 

https://www.yojoe.com/action/11/snakeeyes54.shtml

Thanks , I will check it out!

Also, The Galaxy's Edge Millenium Falcon looked pretty cool!

Just now, Comics4All said:

Thanks , I will check it out!

Also, The Galaxy's Edge Millenium Falcon looked pretty cool!

Real life Disney human sized version or... is there a new ... toy? 

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Real life Disney human sized version or... is there a new ... toy? 

Sorry I didn't proof read what I wrote!

Target Exclusive Galaxy's Edge toys!

DJ Rex black series figure , VC Millenium Falcon with Hondo & Chewie, & some Lego stuff for you too @Buzzetta

I will post when I am home but you can google it ....

13 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Sorry I didn't proof read what I wrote!

Target Exclusive Galaxy's Edge toys!

DJ Rex black series figure , VC Millenium Falcon with Hondo & Chewie, & some Lego stuff for you too @Buzzetta

I will post when I am home but you can google it ....

Ohhhh https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-galaxy-8217-s-edge-millennium-falcon-smuggler-8217-s-run/-/A-79416673

I actually have that Falcon already... it's called the BMF Falcon... I am sure they updated the sound given the fact it includes Hondo in it and all of the porgs and an extra Radar dish. 

At $400 though?  I bought it originally from TRU back in 2008 for around $150  http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBMF.asp  The Falcon is huge and one of those cold dead hand toys I have.  Seats four figures in the cockpit.  It is a beast and if you don't have it, it is worth saving for.

The reason they are selecting that price point probably has to do with the fact that they run around $400 on the secondary market.   I never want to hear that Hasbro doesn't pay attention to eBay.  Making it a Target exclusive though?  The store exclusives are selling out and they are not being stocked in the shelves.   Fans are losing interest in buying this stuff when they cannot find product.  They 'grow out of it".  At $400 this should have been made available to order on Hasbro Pulse and they made them to order.    What is going to happen is that people are going to speculate and buy them and then return them if they cannot make any money off of it.  By the time they return it the store has already put them on clearance and loses money on the deal ordering less SW product in the future. 

39 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhhh https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-galaxy-8217-s-edge-millennium-falcon-smuggler-8217-s-run/-/A-79416673

I actually have that Falcon already... it's called the BMF Falcon... I am sure they updated the sound given the fact it includes Hondo in it and all of the porgs and an extra Radar dish. 

At $400 though?  I bought it originally from TRU back in 2008 for around $150  http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBMF.asp  The Falcon is huge and one of those cold dead hand toys I have.  Seats four figures in the cockpit.  It is a beast and if you don't have it, it is worth saving for.

The reason they are selecting that price point probably has to do with the fact that they run around $400 on the secondary market.   I never want to hear that Hasbro doesn't pay attention to eBay.  Making it a Target exclusive though?  The store exclusives are selling out and they are not being stocked in the shelves.   Fans are losing interest in buying this stuff when they cannot find product.  They 'grow out of it".  At $400 this should have been made available to order on Hasbro Pulse and they made them to order.    What is going to happen is that people are going to speculate and buy them and then return them if they cannot make any money off of it.  By the time they return it the store has already put them on clearance and loses money on the deal ordering less SW product in the future. 

Thanks, my friend neglected to tell me the price tag! lol

He is a Disney parks fan more than a toy fan!

I couldn't find any of the exclusive  retro figures in any Targets near me....

One of Hasbro's Marvel Legends reveals today is a first appearance version of Storm and Thunderbird, and like the GI Joe exclusive it's only at Target.  They were supposed to list it this morning but didn't.  They listed it at 3:42 EST, and it sold out in minutes.

THANKS TARGET.  :mad:

MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-X-MEN-6-INCH-STORM

Edited by fantastic_four