• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

According to online inventory searches, there are six Beachheads at my Target... as I took the car out a tree fell and landed across someone else's property which was a shock... so I turned around and came home to find my grill and patio set turned over in my yard.  Yeah... I'm good and will stay put.

Winds are dying down but they are still blowing over stuff that already cracked during the stronger winds a few hours earlier. 

Wow! I guess from the tropical storm....

Point of interest, here in Dallas the news anchor remarked about the tracking of the storm going clear into Connecticut and said that was "rare" or a "wonder"..... that it doesnt happen often

19 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I’m exhausted, but if I was to know where another score was I would make it happen again tomorrow. So much driving these past couple days. But worth it! Saw a killer lot with a few random pictures for $50. I was all over it. The tub was huge. Here are some pics. I had no idea sand crawlers were worth so much. While I was out there I hit up a couple targets and managed to get a few more troopers for friends. Also picked up a random Bucky o hare that I still haven’t found time to open.

B9853BD5-AB9F-49D3-A350-A7EFA58FC586.jpeg

29AB4675-96FA-4BFE-950A-2EBADD8966F4.jpeg

A829B515-F4F5-4B2F-86A7-6EA2877FF144.jpeg

62CC9A3D-197B-4724-A5A4-DC373689E8FD.jpeg

25146DA9-347B-4A32-9EDF-3AAF2FDF761E.jpeg

0017CDAA-3B4B-4CB8-8F7A-5B95E25169E4.jpeg

C7115C9D-4C5C-4E78-B1E7-178078B52768.jpeg

If you have time, I'd love to see the Bucky toy and more of the box.  Looks pretty cool. 

Seems like your temper must have flared up during the travels.  That poor Luke lost his head as a result. 

Patrick

7 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

It's a very awesome figure. You should run to your target where they are holding them before someone else gets a chance to complain about you getting 6.

Didn't get any Cobra troopers--they had the first Joe wave on hold for me at Customer Service which has a totally different DPCI.  I can't tell what the heck is going on, but Popfindr shows a full box of troopers there, Brickseek shows zero there, and twice when I've called the store and given them the trooper DPCI and two separate people said they had them.  Yet I looked at the screen of an employee's Target inventory system showing them as having zero.  (shrug)

I did buy the all-black Snake Eyes from the first wave, probably going to end up giving it to my kid since I've already got the deluxe.

28 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Didn't get any Cobra troopers--they had the first Joe wave on hold for me at Customer Service which has a totally different DPCI.  I can't tell what the heck is going on, but Popfindr shows a full box of troopers there, Brickseek shows zero there, and twice when I've called the store and given them the trooper DPCI and two separate people said they had them.  Yet I looked at the screen of an employee's Target inventory system showing them as having zero.  (shrug)

I did buy the all-black Snake Eyes from the first wave, probably going to end up giving it to my kid since I've already got the deluxe.

My take?  Someone bought them under a different bar code to beat the street date. 

Make believe that Target would not let the troopers go due to a supposed street date... scan a Roadblock or Scarlett or Destro... same figure and brand... store gets the same money so they don't care but you walk off with the Troopers... so technically the store's books are balanced but the inventory is askew. 

That's how we used to do it back in da 90's...

On 8/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, miraclemet said:

With the popularity of Nintendo (and retro gaming) and Lego this was a no brainer buy this morning Screenshot_20200801-103515.thumb.png.1ebff7b71368785c78752bf147c588d0.png

Some of these Lego sets are really expensive. I thought about getting that one.

On 8/2/2020 at 7:25 PM, followtheleader said:

We don't have many hot wheels posts.  Anyone collect?

Pretty cool seeing this guy's collection. 

https://thehustle.co/the-collectors-who-spend-thousands-on-rare-hot-wheels/

Patrick

I had Hot Wheels like many when I was a kid. But these days, the higher end models are more exciting. It's like comparing a small figure to a Hot Toys figure. I did think for a while about getting one of the new Hot Wheels trailer collection though. But passed.

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

My take?  Someone bought them under a different bar code to beat the street date. 

Make believe that Target would not let the troopers go due to a supposed street date... scan a Roadblock or Scarlett or Destro... same figure and brand... store gets the same money so they don't care but you walk off with the Troopers... so technically the store's books are balanced but the inventory is askew. 

If they did that the in-store inventory system would still show 6, but she showed me her handheld's screen and it clearly said zero.  Brickseek shows none, so something's wrong with Popfindr for that store.  Never seen this kind of inconsistency between Brickseek/Popfindr/Target's system before.

I'm not too worried about it.  Once August 14th passes I'll be able to locate them via Target's web site.  It has become surprisingly good at tracking inventory for their exclusive items, so as soon as stores get more stock I'll be all over it.  They usually get at least two shipments of exclusives, although certainly they sometimes only get one.  We'll see...

40 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

If they did that the in-store inventory system would still show 6, but she showed me her handheld's screen and it clearly said zero.  Brickseek shows none, so something's wrong with Popfindr for that store.  Never seen this kind of inconsistency between Brickseek/Popfindr/Target's system before.

I'm not too worried about it.  Once August 14th passes I'll be able to locate them via Target's web site.  It has become surprisingly good at tracking inventory for their exclusive items, so as soon as stores get more stock I'll be all over it.  They usually get at least two shipments of exclusives, although certainly they sometimes only get one.  We'll see...

Another thing I remember getting in trouble with in the 90's was sneaking into the stock room at Toys R Us... lol 

I got yelled at for that one... I did that in college when finding certain toys meant I could flip them to make my college books cheaper. 

I went to two targets this morning. At least at the first one I was first in line and no one else looking for toys. Popfindr inventory said 6, the store said 4 on the floor, but none were there. They were nice enough to check the back but couldn't find them. Same thing at the other target.

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

If you have time, I'd love to see the Bucky toy and more of the box.  Looks pretty cool. 

Seems like your temper must have flared up during the travels.  That poor Luke lost his head as a result. 

Patrick

Thanks will do. Poor Luke. A couple figures had writing on them too.

PS. I'm probably going to sell the Bucky. I figure i could pass the savings I got on it to another collector so let me know if you're interested.

finally finished up a custom project this week. i’ve been leaning towards vintage gi joe’s lately and wanted to mix in something new. the donor vehicle was from the 90’s Street Fighter line with added parts from the Cobra Stinger and VAMP cannon.

a couple of odd things to note, while the shell looks like it should’ve been the same mold of the VAMP or Stinger, it’s not. and the plastics on these items are becoming brittle; certain parts are becoming really fragile. the jeep rolled off my couch and the cannon got chipped. i got an idea for another project, hopefully i can get it to come together as nice as this one.

BDCB27EC-21D3-4CEB-A86B-62E77FD21699.jpeg

Edited by kHAoS

3 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I went to two targets this morning. At least at the first one I was first in line and no one else looking for toys. Popfindr inventory said 6, the store said 4 on the floor, but none were there. They were nice enough to check the back but couldn't find them. Same thing at the other target.

Called 1st Target again and they found them. She brought them to guest services to hold but told me about the street date. Sure enough I get there and get denied. Manager lied and said supposedly they won’t ring up even though I told them they do. Called Corporate and they said yes they can sell them. I asked corporate to explain that to the manager while I walked back in the store. She was calling and had me on hold. I told the manager I was on the phone with corporate then all of the sudden he was going to let me get one. Asked if they ring? I was like Yes. Such a hard time just to get someone to do a little bit of extra work and realize their partner Hasbro moved up the street date.

While I was Driving back I called the other Target. The guy just unloaded them and brought to customer service for me. Got there and self checked out. 

4C0F6868-6D7A-4916-8EC7-6D487A1DF1B4.jpeg

I had to travel to Apple this afternoon so I stopped at two targets checking - nada - you wouldn’t know they even sold toys at all.  They did have the Batman Animated Blue Variant but I left it.  

I’m not collecting this 6” Joe line but if I see them people here can have them. 

3E7F5298-80C4-4C2C-BF23-40C9EB2CD6BC.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I had to travel to Apple this afternoon so I stopped at two targets checking - nada - you wouldn’t know they even sold toys at all.  They did have the Batman Animated Blue Variant but I left it.  

I’m not collecting this line but if I see them people here can have them. 

3E7F5298-80C4-4C2C-BF23-40C9EB2CD6BC.jpeg

Darn i was rooting for you so I can trade you for Beach Heads. I need 4 for me and my kids.

34 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Called 1st Target again and they found them. She brought them to guest services to hold but told me about the street date. Sure enough I get there and get denied. Manager lied and said supposedly they won’t ring up even though I told them they do. Called Corporate and they said yes they can sell them. I asked corporate to explain that to the manager while I walked back in the store. She was calling and had me on hold. I told the manager I was on the phone with corporate then all of the sudden he was going to let me get one. Asked if they ring? I was like Yes. Such a hard time just to get someone to do a little bit of extra work and realize their partner Hasbro moved up the street date.

While I was Driving back I called the other Target. The guy just unloaded them and brought to customer service for me. Got there and self checked out. 

Did you feel like this the whole time? :roflmao: poor @STORMSHADOW_80 :foryou: 

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, Jaraven7 said:

I think the big money seems to be in them Bearbricks and kaws.

Exspecially the star-wars ones.

And I think the best thing to collect these days is legos Build a brick

That looks like the picture below

Thoughts?

BearBricks and Kaws aren't toys. They are manufactured collectibles. They aren't even manufactured collectibles tied to toy IPs.

Their market value isn't based on nostalgia. Its just scarcity.

The build a brick figures are fine, but they are just another manufactured collectible. I dont see any value being built into them. There's no scarcity to them and they're not gaining any value, nor is there a market increasing their value.

15 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

BearBricks and Kaws aren't toys. They are manufactured collectibles. They aren't even manufactured collectibles tied to toy IPs.

Their market value isn't based on nostalgia. Its just scarcity.

The build a brick figures are fine, but they are just another manufactured collectible. I dont see any value being built into them. There's no scarcity to them and they're not gaining any value, nor is there a market increasing their value.

This guy is as loony as bitcoinswarmi - don’t even bother with him... check his lunacy out in the back to the future thread... when Valiantman gets annoyed with you and walks away that should tell you something. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Darn i was rooting for you so I can trade you for Beach Heads. I need 4 for me and my kids.

I’m traveling home... 

I don’t know how to look up numbers from the phone so I will just run into Target and take a look.