• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson (3/8/19)
5 5

2,795 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, valiantman said:

This.

None of the Avengers will have any idea who she is, so she'll inform them (and you) of the important stuff when she appears in Endgame.

She's pretty much the same as Scarlet Witch, and she made her intro in an Avengers movie.

So, no, you don't need to see Captain Marvel to understand Endgame. It was just fluff until the defining movie of the 21st Century hits theaters.

We know why you don't like it. You've voiced it very clearly in your dislike of what you call 'feminist tropes.'

That's your opinion. You are entitled to that.

Not everyone sees it that way. Some of us see it as an entertaining superhero movie that got an A rating from Cinema Score (the only movie polling service you can actually depend on - people's opinion's, who actually paid to see the movie - as they left the theater).

Some of us see it as a movie that already is #10 in domestic gross of the MCU movies, and is poised to break the ONE BILLION mark Worldwide. And is STILL making money.

No matter how much anyone wants to hate it because it's a female superhero, and wants to continue to try and get people to NOT see it because of that - this movie is already a SUCCESS. The hater trolls have been beaten again. 

Now it's just a question of how badly.

Edited by Chuck Gower

23 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Fury's eye... I'm telling ya... there's more to it than what people think...

I didn't really understand how the injury would have permanently injured the eye.  It was a scratch that went across his lids...if it had penetrated the lids and affected the eye, wouldn't the lid be hanging in flaps and require surgical repair?  It was a nasty scratch, but it didn't look deep enough to permanently disable the eye without completely trashing the lid.

37 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I didn't really understand how the injury would have permanently injured the eye.  It was a scratch that went across his lids...if it had penetrated the lids and affected the eye, wouldn't the lid be hanging in flaps and require surgical repair?  It was a nasty scratch, but it didn't look deep enough to permanently disable the eye without completely trashing the lid.

He was scratched by the claws of an alien species. Infection is the problem, not the cuts.

At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

38 minutes ago, Bird said:

He was scratched by the claws of an alien species. Infection is the problem, not the cuts.

At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Hadn't thought of that, definite possibility.  (thumbsu

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

fer being a troll, obviously 

You think I'm a troll? Why? Because I suggest that you should be ashamed for posting a lame pun?

"Troll" used to mean something. This is a prime example of why it no longer does (and hasn't for at least a decade).

19 hours ago, valiantman said:

This.

None of the Avengers will have any idea who she is, so she'll inform them (and you) of the important stuff when she appears in Endgame.

So is the whole Captain Marvel movie itself a MacGuffin? :D 

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You think I'm a troll? Why? Because I suggest that you should be ashamed for posting a lame pun?

"Troll" used to mean something. This is a prime example of why it no longer does (and hasn't for at least a decade).

No, fer ur apparent hate of Captain Marvel. I think as a society we’ve agreed that anybody who hates the good Captain is a troll. Plus, anybody who dismisses the term “troll” is in all probability a troll. It’s simple physics.

33 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

No, fer ur apparent hate of Captain Marvel. I think as a society we’ve agreed that anybody who hates the good Captain is a troll. Plus, anybody who dismisses the term “troll” is in all probability a troll. It’s simple physics.

I don't hate Captain Marvel, but it's a very mediocre movie.